When do we get our results? Watch

This discussion is closed.
mtbab
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
teachers are always nosy and look wehn they get them the day earlier, the only time i can think when they are posted on walls is in uni when you are getting you degree results, its a bit slack to post them, i used to hate it in maths end of yrs they would post everyones resutls y7-10 on the wall in order for everyone to see, i hated it
Funkymonk
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
Post it on walls? I don't envy you there, I'd hate if my mates or anyone [apart from examiners obviously] found out my results before me! I think I'll end up doing something ridiculous like locking myself up in a toilet cubicle so I can be by myself when I see my results.
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
you say that, but adrenaline will just get the better of you and you'll open them right there and then without thinking
Funkymonk
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mtbab)
you say that, but adrenaline will just get the better of you and you'll open them right there and then without thinking
Nah...if adrenaline gets the best of me, I'll hold it back for another second so I can run off somewhere quiet. I don't want anybody to see my face when I see my results and my mum/brother/any mates there will definitely crowd round. Nosy (why does that word look so wrong? I think it's nosey...) bums.
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Funkymonk)
Nah...if adrenaline gets the best of me, I'll hold it back for another second so I can run off somewhere quiet. I don't want anybody to see my face when I see my results and my mum/brother/any mates there will definitely crowd round. Nosy (why does that word look so wrong? I think it's nosey...) bums.
NO WAY!! is my mom comin! cant avoid mates though damn! their all lazy i'll make i'm there for 9 and out by 905, but i'm really nos(e)y, lol so i'll wanna know everyone else hmmm dilemma!
Funkymonk
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mtbab)
NO WAY!! is my mom comin! cant avoid mates though damn! their all lazy i'll make i'm there for 9 and out by 905, but i'm really nos(e)y, lol so i'll wanna know everyone else hmmm dilemma!
Lol, I've told my mum I might just take the bus myself thanks. You can get yours at nine? Our schools opens at 11ish, I think. My friends are all secretish with their grades [not that I can say anything different] so one would be better running around naked rather than getting their results off them for all the good it'll do. Wait, that didn't make sense lol. What am I talking about?
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Lol, I've told my mum I might just take the bus myself thanks. You can get yours at nine? Our schools opens at 11ish, I think. My friends are all secretish with their grades [not that I can say anything different] so one would be better running around naked rather than getting their results off them for all the good it'll do. Wait, that didn't make sense lol. What am I talking about?
are you a closet streaker at heart, lol. i'm gonna stay at a mates the night before becuase i know for afact that my mom would be like, oh i'll drop you to school or something and she wont let me escape, lol, yeh our school opens at 9 and closes at like 12. my mates are secretive, but i have my ways, lol (NO! not that, lol, go do some streaking or sumthin, lol)
packupthemoon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Agghhh, my mum is going to be hell. As are all my friends, since they're all under the illusion that I'm going to get straight A*'s.

I reckon I'm going to walk off and sit on the school field or something. Hopefully it won't be raining, though knowing England, the chances are low.

Actually, I don't think I know what time my school is opening for results. I seem to remember something about 9am, but I'll have to check.
ghtrevgy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm not sure I will want to tell everyone my results I am quite sure that virtually all of my friends will get straight A* grades (maybe a couple of A's), and there will be me with perhaphs 2 or 3 A*'s followed with a bunch of A grades and B grades. My aim was for no grades below an A, but after taking most of my exams I realise that was unrealistic . I will probably just want to curl up in a ball and hide when I get my results!
Funkymonk
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mtbab)
are you a closet streaker at heart, lol. i'm gonna stay at a mates the night before becuase i know for afact that my mom would be like, oh i'll drop you to school or something and she wont let me escape, lol, yeh our school opens at 9 and closes at like 12. my mates are secretive, but i have my ways, lol (NO! not that, lol, go do some streaking or sumthin, lol)
Yeah I go a-streaking once a day down my road, great fun. Talk of nakedness...some topless men just walked by...but that's irrelevent. Wouldn't you rather have your mum see your results rather than your mates though? I don't know, I always have this annoying voice in my head whenever my mates get higher grades than me. Lol, pathetic. I'm sure you, er, have your "ways" though...
ghtrevgy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Wouldn't you rather have your mum see your results rather than your mates though?
Yes, definitely for me! I'm not as clever as most of my friends :rolleyes: and I know my Mum will act happy with all my results, even if they are lower than she expected!
Funkymonk
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by seaspray)
Yes, definitely for me! I'm not as clever as most of my friends :rolleyes: and I know my Mum will act happy with all my results, even if they are lower than she expected!
Exactly! I've told my mum to expect the worst but she's said it'll be all right because she knows I worked hard. Where is your school, by the way? Am I the only one here that goes to a school in a city where A*/A grades are rare? Lol...
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yer i spose, but my mum with her phd has too higher expectations of me, lol, most of mates are smarter than me in some stuff and dumber in others so it'll balance out, and i know unless i got home with 13A*'s my mom will do that high voice 'thats fine' whihc realy means you could have done a bit bettter, lol
ghtrevgy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mtbab)
yer i spose, but my mum with her phd has too higher expectations of me, lol, most of mates are smarter than me in some stuff and dumber in others so it'll balance out, and i know unless i got home with 13A*'s my mom will do that high voice 'thats fine' whihc realy means you could have done a bit bettter, lol
LOL, I know what you mean. It's funny though, because my Mum's degree is in English Lit - and I know that all she really cares about is me getting 2 A*'s for English LOL.
henryt
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's horrible for me because I'm supposed to be the "clever" one out of my group of friends, but I'm slightly concerned about them ringing up and asking me what I got. Erk!

Plus it would dreadful when you, having phoned them up, find that they got dreadful grades. How are you supposed to react (Hopefully I won't have to find out)?

Plus it must be really dissapointing for teachers if you get bad grades

Oh well - A long time to wait before that (wonderful but dreadful) moment comes...
ghtrevgy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Exactly! I've told my mum to expect the worst but she's said it'll be all right because she knows I worked hard. Where is your school, by the way? Am I the only one here that goes to a school in a city where A*/A grades are rare? Lol...
Well, I'm beginning to wish A/A* grades were rare in my school....if you get an A people are like, oh well done that was alright. ALRIGHT?? I worked so damn hard for that A grade and you are saying it is "alright"! An A grade is pretty average though, most easily acheive As or A*s It's in Berkshire btw.
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
lol! i always have my bit of blackmail on my mom, she failed her maths o-level FIVE times before she passed it, but back then you didnt have to wait like six months to retake, so no-one never really knew except my grandparents, lol
Funkymonk
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by henryt)
Plus it would dreadful when you, having phoned them up, find that they got dreadful grades. How are you supposed to react (Hopefully I won't have to find out)?
Aye, knowing a few of my mates, they'll be crying on the phone so I'll just have to be all comforting. What else can you do...What if you get great grades and you're ready to show them off then your mate starts crying because of their bad grades? Lol...that'd be funny. In a way.
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by seaspray)
Well, I'm beginning to wish A/A* grades were rare in my school....if you get an A people are like, oh well done that was alright. ALRIGHT?? I worked so damn hard for that A grade and you are saying it is "alright"! An A grade is pretty average though, most easily acheive As or A*s It's in Berkshire btw.
lol same here, cept my school is right in the mid of BIRMINGHAM!! well ten min from centre but still, lol
ghtrevgy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by henryt)
Plus it must be really dissapointing for teachers if you get bad grades
Oh, you've raised another point. My French, History and English teachers are so sure I will get A* grades and went on and on about how they were banking on me acheiving them. I would feel so stupid if I didn't get them and they would be disappointed too lol
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (211)
39.59%
No - but I will (35)
6.57%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.75%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (251)
47.09%

Watched Threads