Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funkymonk)
    Aye, knowing a few of my mates, they'll be crying on the phone so I'll just have to be all comforting. What else can you do...What if you get great grades and you're ready to show them off then your mate starts crying because of their bad grades? Lol...that'd be funny. In a way.
    you jsut have to be like, 'well my A* is just as good as your E', lol

ReputationRep:
    Aye, knowing a few of my mates, they'll be crying on the phone so I'll just have to be all comforting. What else can you do...What if you get great grades and you're ready to show them off then your mate starts crying because of their bad grades? Lol...that'd be funny. In a way.
    What if it's the other way round?! I can imagine one of my friends calling up and saying "I am so happy!!! I got all A*s, I can't believe it!! Yay!!, What did you get?!" and I would be like "Um, well done. I got a few B's, and some A's"!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seaspray)
    Well, I'm beginning to wish A/A* grades were rare in my school....if you get an A people are like, oh well done that was alright. ALRIGHT?? I worked so damn hard for that A grade and you are saying it is "alright"! An A grade is pretty average though, most easily acheive As or A*s It's in Berkshire btw.
    What? Don't listen to other people! Don't let them influence your feelings...an A is bloody excellent!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    you jsut have to be like, 'well my A* is just as good as your E', lol
    Lol, sounds like something I'd say aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, you've raised another point. My French, History and English teachers are so sure I will get A* grades and went on and on about how they were banking on me acheiving them. I would feel so stupid if I didn't get them and they would be disappointed too lol
    my drama teacher has convinced me i'm getting an A*, cept i was ill on the performance so i will kill her if i dont get it, lol.
    at the end of y10 my eng teacher was like youll prob get BB but just before we left she was like youve really impressed me this yr, you should get A*/A if not A*/A*, i hope i dont ge that BB now

ReputationRep:
    What? Don't listen to other people! Don't let them influence your feelings...an A is bloody excellent!
    yeh but compared with our schools (seaspray i gonna assume your school is like mine) A is like average, in terms of the schools, its what they expect you to get at least, lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    yeh but compared with our schools (seaspray i gonna assume your school is like mine) A is like average, in terms of the schools, its what they expect you to get at least, lol
    I know, I understand...but still, an A is an A regardless of what school you go to.

ReputationRep:
    I know, I understand...but still, an A is an A regardless of what school you go to.
    exactly! to the world an A is flippin good, to the school an A is standard, lol

ReputationRep:
    I agree And I will be extremely happy with A grades (except in Geography and History --- must - get - A* lol), even if others think they are average

ReputationRep:
    A board! How unfair! I wouldn't want the whole world reading my results!

ReputationRep:
    Plus it would dreadful when you, having phoned them up, find that they got dreadful grades. How are you supposed to react
    I would have no idea to react! - my best friend always looks like shes gonna cry when she gets a worse mark than me

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know what time my school will let us come up on the day. I'd be there at six AM if I could.

ReputationRep:
    2 of my friends have decided they won't tell anyone, I don't think they'll do badly, but if I did better than them I'd feel really bad if I was really happy and they were really upset.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickiM)
    2 of my friends have decided they won't tell anyone, I don't think they'll do badly, but if I did better than them I'd feel really bad if I was really happy and they were really upset.
    Part of me wants not to tell anyone my results.

I hate the way people patronise you, tell you that you've done really well, when they've achieved a grade or two higher than you and probably don't mean it.

In any case, I suspect not telling my friends my results might irritate them. :-P I could let them think I failed or that I'm a genius... There are many possibilities indeed.

I also hated P.E. lessons up until Year 10. In Year 10, the teachers decided that my class, since we were only having compulsory lessons, didn't matter much and promptly stopped shouting at us or making us run around the track for no apparent reason other than the fact they were annoyed with us.

ReputationRep:
    I do not want to tell anyone my results but I know when I get them lot's of people and teachers are gonna ask how I did and I'll have to repeat all the grades I got over and over again, oh great.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I don't want to have to tell all my relatives. Urgh. Well, I don't want anyone to feel that they have done badly, if they get worse than me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashtray88)
    I do not want to tell anyone my results but I know when I get them lot's of people and teachers are gonna ask how I did and I'll have to repeat all the grades I got over and over again, oh great.
    Cool. You live in St. Albans. What school do you go to man? I used to go to breakspear but I left. LOL.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm beginning to wish A/A* grades were rare in my school....if you get an A people are like, oh well done that was alright. ALRIGHT?? I worked so damn hard for that A grade and you are saying it is "alright"! An A grade is pretty average though, most easily acheive As or A*s It's in Berkshire btw.
    We'll basically seaspray, GCSE's are kind of a key to the future, they don't meen much when compared with A levels-if you get the grades which are realistically good enough to enable you to achieve your ambitions that's all you should care about. If your happy within yourself that you did your best, then *******s to everyone else!

ReputationRep:
    I dont like the idea of results on a board. Well its ok - but I dont understand why people have to look at other peoples results! And THEN TELL THAT PERSON!!! I think if people are going to look at eachothers results they should atleast not brag and tell people about it!! I think we get envelopes at our school, but havent got a clue!

ReputationRep:
    i might not even tell my friends. some of them will rub it in and start bragging about their results and that will seriously irritate me.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.