Turn on thread page Beta

screwed up....Maths Edexcel Higher...re take? watch

ReputationRep:
    i screwed up big time..i mean im probs on 30% on that paper...which is frankly ****,so a C.my crswk is an A,i was really hoping for my A but my mind...just shattered and went blank....cudnt even think...just like it did in biology.if i get a C and i re take next year,would i be able to still do 4 A/S's?(if i get a B in biology il re take that 2 seen as im pred A/A*)

rgrds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by no1topman)
    i screwed up big time..i mean im probs on 30% on that paper...which is frankly ****,so a C.my crswk is an A,i was really hoping for my A but my mind...just shattered and went blank....cudnt even think...just like it did in biology.if i get a C and i re take next year,would i be able to still do 4 A/S's?(if i get a B in biology il re take that 2 seen as im pred A/A*)

rgrds
    how did you screw up? what questions couldn't you do? you probs didn't do as badly as you thought

ReputationRep:
    many ppl thought they screwed up but in fact they got top grades. If you were predicted an A and got an A in cwk then yes u ll get an A and u didnt screw up. I dont advise retaking rly. Unis will still knows whether u did or not, because as far as i know you would have to put the date when u did the exam.

ReputationRep:
    ahh i see,erm just evreyone talking about the questions and ummm i know i screwed up i knew most of it....just blanked and guessed the end bits esp that erm pyrimid thing i just got what its on about when i walked out the exam...sadly...anyway do uni's really know if u retake?i didnt know that?

rgrds

ReputationRep:

rgrds
    lol why plan a retake now, you dont even have your results back yet.

ReputationRep:
    yeh, most of the times, esp maths (cos thats my weakest subject), after a paper has gone really bad for me, i feel that i'll get a bad grade, but it actually turns out better than expected.

ReputationRep:

rgrds
    Oh My God. We are exactly the same! LOL

I screwed up Biology too (despite being predicted an A) - I think I will get a B, or *please God* just scrape an A. I hated the Maths paper today as well. Another B/A boundary in Maths....but I *really* need an A.

Good Luck.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.