Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit stuck on ideas about "the design and manufacture of 3-D decorative products". I'm not really that much of an imaginative person and I can only think of little teepee things that can stand up, perhaps tied in with numbers or something to do with learning. Is the pre-release actually asking us to think of products that fit with the theme or just how these can be manufactured, because it seems like a very broad area to me.

Anyway, I thought I'd post this way in advance, because I'm assuming textiles isn't that popular. I couldn't find any other threads on it.

xGSx

ReputationRep:
    hi, i do textils! but i really dont know the answer to your question sorry but i do know that u wont know what you wil be designing till your in the exam, so there isnt really any need to be thinking about it now, as you might find you hav a question asking you to design a completly different product.

~cherrykisses~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GlitterStorm)
    I'm a bit stuck on ideas about "the design and manufacture of 3-D decorative products". I'm not really that much of an imaginative person and I can only think of little teepee things that can stand up, perhaps tied in with numbers or something to do with learning. Is the pre-release actually asking us to think of products that fit with the theme or just how these can be manufactured, because it seems like a very broad area to me.

Anyway, I thought I'd post this way in advance, because I'm assuming textiles isn't that popular. I couldn't find any other threads on it.

xGSx
    we have been told it will be a learning product -e.g play mat
    or dressing up clothes

we were given the theme so that we could look at fabrics and decorative techniques

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies

I'm just a lost for ideas about 3D decorative products. In the mock, we were asked to research decorative edge finishing techniques, and there was a question where you had to demonstrate how something was done (fraying, lace etc). So I'm guessing it will be like that in the exam. So would a bolster or wall hanging count as a decorative "3d product"?

xGSx

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I'm bumping this now :p:

Anyone got textiles tomorrow? Got ideas about the exam? Anything???

I may aswell try though I'm pretty positive that this will roll off the page very quickly.

xGSx

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.