Turn on thread page Beta

What was the best live band you've seen? watch

ReputationRep:
    Robbie

ReputationRep:
    Angels, at Knebworth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    ...and there's that annoying sound techie area right in the middle of the floor.
    There's no other logical place to put that.

ReputationRep:
    on one of the badly placed balconies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    i was never that keen the electric ballroom the galleries aren't that well placed and there's that annoying sound techie area right in the middle of the floor. Oh and there's a water leak in the men's which wasn't fixed last time i went there which wasn't that long ago (and it was there when i saw snow patrol last year). On the plus side there are loads of bars and they're easy to get to
    aah went to an awesome gig (jason mraz) at the electric ballroom - even better, everyone stayed sitting down during it, it was nice and relaxed... probably my best concert

ReputationRep:
    Probably Morrissey and his band, although most the bands I have seen have been very good.

The two biggest dissapointments were The Buzzcocks and The Killers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessica_h)
    aah went to an awesome gig (jason mraz) at the electric ballroom - even better, everyone stayed sitting down during it, it was nice and relaxed... probably my best concert
    staying sitting down in during a concert? :s: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    chili peppers. nuff said

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been to THAT many gigs but one of the best so far has to be Bloc Party @ Leadmill.

ReputationRep:
    chilis or the strokes maybe in terms of huugeness. altho seeing 80's matchbox in a small pub upstairs and the whole audience being one big moshpit and people just moshing on the stage for the last few songs will stand out in memory as one of the crazyist

*not making much sense today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessica_h)
    Jason Mraz @ Electric Ballroom?!! If it's the same gig I went to it was at Bush Hall (carpeted, small venue with chandeliers). :confused: But yeah, that was an awesome gig...so chilled out...funnily enough Jason stepped on my foot as he walked from the back of the hall to the stage!
    As for my favourite gig, Faithless last Friday at the Isle of Wight Festival were awesome...the atmosphere was electric, amazing considering it's not music I'd usually listen to.

ReputationRep:
    Wynton Marsalis Big Band - De Montfort Hall, Leicester Mar 2003
    Suburban Legends - Camden Underworld Oct 2004
    Streetlight Manifesto - White Horse, High Wycombe Apr 2005
    Cartoon Johnny - Birchmere, Alexandria, Washington DC Apr 2005
    Square - Some pub basement, Reading Mar 2005
    The Scrub - Camden Underworld May 2005

ReputationRep:
    Lemon Jelly were absolutely awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Black Sabbath at Download festival - i doubt i'll ever get a chance to see them again though

ReputationRep:
    MC Lars at Flicks or Give it a name at Ally Pally
    Highly unlikely but is there any ytcracker or spamtec fans in here?

ReputationRep:
    Muse (Earle's Court) or James Brown (Hyde Park)

ReputationRep:
    I know it sounds stupid but the beach boys at manc apollo.

but these were ace 2.
    Black Sabbath, Bowling for soup, MCR, The distillers, Marylin Manson, Murder dolls, Iron Maiden, SOAD, Rammstien and Green Day!

Other than sabbath and Maiden they're all on par!!

ReputationRep:
    Muse @ Reading
    AFI @ Reading
    New Found Glory @ London Astoria when they played a massive set with no support bands

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovemonkeys)
    Jason Mraz @ Electric Ballroom?!! If it's the same gig I went to it was at Bush Hall (carpeted, small venue with chandeliers). :confused: But yeah, that was an awesome gig...so chilled out...funnily enough Jason stepped on my foot as he walked from the back of the hall to the stage!
    As for my favourite gig, Faithless last Friday at the Isle of Wight Festival were awesome...the atmosphere was electric, amazing considering it's not music I'd usually listen to.
    got confused. bush hall was the sitting down one.. he played at the electric ballroom as well I think. oh wait... no I lie. went to the electric ballroom so see a band who I won't name, am too ashamed....

ReputationRep:
    Oh, go on! If it makes you feel any better i went to a variety gig at the milennium dome, among the featured artists were Daphne and Celeste, Lolly, Will Mellor, Precious, Point Break, Lee from North and South..............

I saw Aqualung in a really chilled out atmosphere like that a couple of years ago, somewhere in Bank I think, with people sitting down, really nice

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 18, 2005
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.