Turn on thread page Beta

What was the best live band you've seen? watch

ReputationRep:
    GreenDay was probably my best. But New found glory absoletly sucked, which slightly killed it.

ReputationRep:
    Muse at V Festival last year. I just cannot describe the experience, Bellamy's voice just sears it really does, it's like something superhuman. They have such a unique sound and most of their songs have an anthemic quality that makes for an epic live performance. The same can be said of Amy Lee and Evanescence, saw them at Wembley and the pitch of her voice is simply phenomenal.

Others: Keane at V. Again, just being in a crowd and just singing their songs is a brilliant experience. Snow Patrol and The Thrills were great considering I'd never herad their stuff before. Also, The Offspring at Wembley, crazy.

ReputationRep:
    Oh erm, radiohead at shepherds bush in may 03, interpol w/ bloc party supporting at scala in sep 04 and the arcade fire at king's college london in mar 05 are the ones that seem most memorable.

ReputationRep:
    The Arcade Fire are awesome live...when they reduced the entire Manchester Academy crowd to complege silence....twas something special...

ReputationRep:
    I went to a Mark Knopfler gig a couple of weeks ago, and he was awesome, so I'll go for that.

Coldplay at the MEN (2002) or Coldplay again at the V Festival 2003
    Starsailor at a free BBC gig at the Carling Academy Liverpool were great..plus it was a midnight gig which added to the effect!!!
    Manic Street Preachers MEN 2002 was just really memorable...
    Elbow at the Carling Academy Liverpool and also Haven there as well. Haven were in a tiny little room rather than the larger space so it was fantastic
    Lastly the super fury animals (Royal Court Liverpool) I shall never ever forget the big furry suits and the fantastic stage they had..

If I was going to say which bands were disappointing I would say Badly Drawn Boy (although I won't complain as it was free and slightly scary as it was at an anti BNP protest gig organised by RESPECT) and the Coral (at the Royal Court Liverpool) as their set was really short and then they just left the stage without an encore or anything...

ReputationRep:
    Best gig I've been to was the last ever Beta Band one, December 5th last year, at the Liquid Rooms in Edinburgh. Not my favourite night out ever, but a phenomenal performance and a very emotional occasion.

ReputationRep:
    the pixies!!!

ReputationRep:
    coldplay @ witness 2003
    ocean colour scene @ oxegen 2004

ReputationRep:
    I'd have to say the FEDS
    I didn't even go to see them
    They were supporting a totally different band
    But when we went in I said to Em... i give it to the end of the first song for us to lose each other - i thought i was joking :p: although to be fair i mosh and she doesn't so it was gonna happen
    Chorus of the first song all of their fans (the ppl who'd clearly come to see them not the headliners) went CRAZY
    I mean the music was kinda cool but the atmosphere was woooooooooooooooooo
    I was carried literally half way across the place!! :eek:

And no1 does a show like Joolz Holland :cool:

ReputationRep:
    U2 was amazing on wednesday night. But greenday still tops it IMO. Oasis in July, im expecting that to be pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    Scissor Sisters

ReputationRep:
    Either "A" or Iron Maiden.

Or feeder.

I aint sure...

ReputationRep:
    oooo im not a well experienced concert goer - though that will all change!!! cos concerts are amazing if i have the money - but, in order of greatness here are the petty few concerts i have been to :

Tori Amos - June 4th 2005 at the Hammersmith Appollo
    Interpol - April 8th 2005 (my 18th Birthday pressie from my big sis!!!) at Brixton
    Phantom Planet - June 7th 2005 at the Mean Fiddler
    Bryan Adams - Wyoming Rodeo 2001 (i know not everyone loves the guy but i would reccommend bryan adams he's pretty cool live!..not as brilliant as the above though!)

(told ya i haven't been to many )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajdabrill)
    chili peppers. nuff said
    RHCP are the worst live band I have ever seen. Anthony Kedis can barely last an hour and a half, his voice usually goes halfway through the set, utter *****, RHCP are the biggest ripoffs ever and don't get me started on their ticket prices.

Another vote for Muse at Earls Court. The atmosphere was just stupendous, and Matt was on top form.

Best I've seen is Verve in the days when Richard Ashcroft was "Mad Richard" and not the dull, friend of Oasis he became later on. I saw them from when just before their debut album A Storm In Heaven came out, they were incredible. they were playing to maybe a hundred people but it was as though they were playing the last show on Earth. Richard was utterly wired, I've never seen so much faith and passion, and the music was as if they were summoning power from the bowels of the earth. It was like the Sermon on the Mount or something. ****ing awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Foo Fighters, not only because of the passion and energy Dave Grohl puts into the performance but also the way they manage to make a positive of not sounding exactly as they do on CD.

ReputationRep:
    Its a tie between the Vandals and Motley Crue for me.

ReputationRep:
    When some friends and myself went to the Warped Tour, everyone was circling around the sound booth (which was about 50 feet from the stage), the band (I can't remember who was playing, may have been Rancid) told everyone to mosh circles around the booth. Well, needless to say, everyone was kicking and hauling ass around the boot. One of my friend's shoe came off, and there was no way in hell he was going to be able to get in that thing. It was gone. After the set, we all started looking for it, couldn't see it anywhere. We finally walked past the back of the sound booth and saw a mountain of shoes. Easily 100-200 shoes in a pile. So we started sifting through and finally found it, LOL!!
    Went to see Deftones, same thing happened to the same dumbass friend who couldn't come to the conclusion that maybe he should tie his shoes a little tighter next time. :rolleyes:

***Please follow the link in my SIG, the poll is a tie and we need a winner. So vote for the car you like most. (GO MINI! )

ReputationRep:
    Alice Cooper! oh yes!

ReputationRep:
    One Minute Silence

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.