Turn on thread page Beta

What was the best live band you've seen? watch

Changed my mind..

REM

Last night at Lancashire County Cricket Club Manchester...

They were so brilliant. They played all the great classic songs plus fantastic new ones...The set lasted for over 2 hours and it was brilliant!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catty)
    Oh, go on! If it makes you feel any better i went to a variety gig at the milennium dome, among the featured artists were Daphne and Celeste, Lolly, Will Mellor, Precious, Point Break, Lee from North and South..............

I saw Aqualung in a really chilled out atmosphere like that a couple of years ago, somewhere in Bank I think, with people sitting down, really nice
    i went to that too! some guides thing?

favourite - chillis at v2003

ReputationRep:
    New found glory always put on an amazing live show when ive seen them.
    Reel big fish were pretty good too when i saw them with king prawn.
    captain everything are always an amazing live band.

theres loads. i think i spent too much money on shows.

ReputationRep:
    for me, blur but the killers were amazing and so were ash... im sad to admit ive seen the darkness but they surprised me, they're real showmen.. but blur win

ReputationRep:
    The chilis last year in Hyde Park were great, though I do wish they'd played more BSSM/old funk tracks.

ReputationRep:
    I went to see the futureheads play an intimate accoustic gig at kerrang radio!!30 people, they were absoltely amzing met them afterwards invited them out for a curry...they declined!!they were brilliant.

Coldplay NEC birmingham
    Oasis NIA birmingham both brilliant

As were the kings of leon and razor light at wolverhampton CIVIC choices choices!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberries)
    I went to see the futureheads play an intimate accoustic gig at kerrang radio!!30 people, they were absoltely amzing met them afterwards invited them out for a curry...they declined!!they were brilliant.
    saw the futureheads in january (NME tour Birmingham Academy)... thought they were awful, they were third of four bands and i just went to the bar for their set, very disappointed.
    that said, gigs with tiny audiences often rule... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by telecastro_59)
    saw the futureheads in january (NME tour Birmingham Academy)... thought they were awful, they were third of four bands and i just went to the bar for their set, very disappointed.
    that said, gigs with tiny audiences often rule... :confused:
    awww, you didnt like them? when i went i thought that they were so talented, you cant hide behind a big stage and loads of electrics when doing a small acoustic I thought they were musically ace! lol. variation of opinion. What did you make of bloc party on that night? I'm going to see them in october.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberries)
    awww, you didnt like them? when i went i thought that they were so talented, you cant hide behind a big stage and loads of electrics when doing a small acoustic I thought they were musically ace! lol. variation of opinion. What did you make of bloc party on that night? I'm going to see them in october.
    bloc party were really good. im seein in october too!!
    the 14th in birmingham Academy i think..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by telecastro_59)
    bloc party were really good. im seein in october too!!
    the 14th in birmingham Academy i think..
    snap!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.