Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In my bank over £5000. In premium bonds, over £3500, and just over £6000 in my ISA. In total that means my personal wealth is £14,500 plus like £100 in my wallet. I'm 17 and a rich git. Girls should love me dammit...oh wait, that's why I am so rich...

ReputationRep:
    Currently I have £120, but I've got my old job back so it should go up rather quickly again

About £6k, covering 2 accounts - but I'm saving money for uni, travelling etc. I was a right little entrepeneur when I was small - doing 2 paper rounds, mowing peoples' lawns, doing cars etc. In fact, ever since I remember, for every £1 I spent, £2 would have be put into the bank. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Noone saw that mistake... I'll blame it on tiredness...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnt)
    So how much money do you have saved (In a bank account)

I've just passed 4 figures at the age of 17

7 pound *wonders why*

ReputationRep:
    I passed four numbers ages ago, Ive now got -£4899

ReputationRep:
    I have about £300 left in my bank, but I am going to Brighton and London and staying in 4 star hotels so after spending that will soon go like a flash. I have £70 in my savings tin.

I own about £2000 worth of assets and I owe the Student Loans Company £7000, but my parents owe me £800. I have about £6200 worth of debt

So thats -£6200.

I am nearly 23 as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sami C)
    In my bank over £5000. In premium bonds, over £3500, and just over £6000 in my ISA. In total that means my personal wealth is £14,500 plus like £100 in my wallet. I'm 17 and a rich git. Girls should love me dammit...oh wait, that's why I am so rich...
    Is that it?

tsk tsk

<shakes head>

ReputationRep:
    You know you're a loser when you start attempting to impress you're internet friends with your wealth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris.)
    You know you're a loser when you start attempting to impress you're internet friends with your wealth.
    or lack of

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Is that it?

tsk tsk

<shakes head>
    I know!!
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    wow you're so cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    I have about £300 left in my bank, but I am going to Brighton and London and staying in 4 star hotels so after spending that will soon go like a flash. I have £70 in my savings tin.

I own about £2000 worth of assets and I owe the Student Loans Company £7000, but my parents owe me £800. I have about £6200 worth of debt

So thats -£6200.

I am nearly 23 as well.
    I dare not post how much I actually owe including SLC, parents etc etc. :eek: Hopefully I can rectify some of it working in the summer

ReputationRep:
    Oh, to the nearest £1000, i have nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snmichaels)
    It's called credit card, and insufficient funds

You can over draft a debit card too.
    I foolishly set my overdraft to £50 a month or whatever it is.

ReputationRep:
    Wait until yor 23! Then you all won't have anything :rolleyes:

I'm luck to own my car, and whats in it. In total = £9000 quid without debt. I must stress that this is all done by me and not a mummy and daddy handout.
    As cars devalue, in a couple of years time when I properly graduate I expect to have zilch!

My friend just graduated with £12k's worth of debts from UCL doing master of physics. Ouch!

ReputationRep:
    VERY rich

ReputationRep:
    i have 28quid in my account. i need 25 of it tomorrow for malaria tablets but cant get at the 8 quid ([email protected]) so need to borrow a fiver. then i have virtually nothing till i go home on sunday.

sniff, *counts pennys*

ReputationRep:
    I personaly would much rather have the same debt from a degree than a car which will be in the scrap yard in ten years time though

ReputationRep:
    £14k isnt worthy of using the term rich. I would call it generous parents.
    Trust me, I've seen rich people. 6 of my cousins are millionaires living in central london, and they are in a totally different world. One of them got married last year, and he spent £20,000 on the reception alone! (he got a huge fancy hall in piccadilly, with a 5 course meal, with a whole night of free champagne)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinghFello)
    One of them got married last year, and he spent £20,000 on the reception alone! (he got a huge fancy hall in piccadilly, with a 5 course meal, with a whole night of free champagne)
    Is that it?
    Have you ever seen the bill for an Indian wedding? Ali Pali in North London is a main venue which caters for 3000. It is ridiculous! And they're not rich, they have to pay because their son or daughter is getting married! Or whatever way round it is. I'm a novice in religion.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.