Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen)
    I have about £1200 saved from a job I had and just from money my father gives me. He pays me well if I help him paint fences and walls

I have an inheritance which I got a few years ago but thats invested in property.
    Cool, how much??

I inherited a bit of money but not enough to be put on property!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    well i have 250 in my account

but how rich is my family....

£30 EMA.......

ReputationRep:
    £495. Bin savin since i was 7. hmm bt dnt feel 2 proud of it. Its the games i tell ya !!! i need them. Oh nd then theres the DVD'S (Bottom, the young ones, Goodness Gracious me etc)

BTW im 16

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chickadee)
    Cool, how much??

I inherited a bit of money but not enough to be put on property!! :p:
    About £75,000 but it grew on interest then I put it in a property developing thing *shrugs* Not sure how much I have now. My father takes care of it for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen)
    About £75,000 but it grew on interest then I put it in a property developing thing *shrugs* Not sure how much I have now. My father takes care of it for me.
    Coolios :cool:

Lucky you :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flipflop2)
    £495. Bin savin since i was 7. hmm bt dnt feel 2 proud of it. Its the games i tell ya !!! i need them. Oh nd then theres the DVD'S (Bottom, the young ones, Goodness Gracious me etc)

BTW im 16
    Huzzah!! You're a Bottom and the Young Ones fan!!! :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnt)
    So how much money do you have saved (In a bank account)

I've just passed 4 figures at the age of 17
    £1.37

im overdrawn by £4.16 in my other account

ReputationRep:
    This is all some clever scam to fool rich kids out of their money, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Around £18 in the bank - I've been spending quite a lot recently. Also, approximately £300 in a savings account my parents forgot to keep paying in to. I'm sure the post office will have lost the details, and assumed I'm dead by now.

However, I'm not poor in the Fixed Assets.

ReputationRep:
    Well I was a impulse purchaser...last summer was occupied by me sticking a load of rubbish on eBay. PayPal account started filling up and I didn't put it in my bank account. Eventually I spent £200 on a laptop (Which would be worth about £100 now) and then one day thought I would buy a 40gb iPod for £250 (Which I never use...)

I do make quite a number of large purchases then lose a load of money reselling when I find the things aren't for me...Mind you, my bank account is just keeping me going until I grow up I guess

ReputationRep:
    Oh look!! A willy waving thread :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnt)
    So how much money do you have saved (In a bank account)

I've just passed 4 figures at the age of 17
    in my conventional account... .24 cents. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I am rich! thats all um saying!

ReputationRep:
    I think i have about £500 now, they take £100 out of my bank every month to pay for a world challenge thing i'm doing next Summer. :eek: Rip off.

(Original post by AT82)
    Not really I am more used to lending my parents money than them lending me it, its quite common, they pay for most of my food etc (I live at home) so I have no problems with lending them money if they need it.

You know you can have a million pounds or you could be extremely poor, none of this matters as long as you're happy.

A lot of rich people (not all just some) live in a posh house and look down on the poor, the irony is they are not happy.

I am sure money can buy happiness in the short term but in the long term it can't.

Of course I want a decent job, I want a decent house etc, I don't want to be poor, but I don't care about money either. I would rather earn £20k a year in a job I loved than £60k in a job I hated.
    wow AT that was so well put. Really made me think and i agree with you 100%.

ReputationRep:
    I have enough money to buy a Bentley Continental Flying Spur and a Scorpion Cabin RIB

ReputationRep:
    Um...About $2,000...I'm ashamed *blushes at inability to save money* :p: Enough to buy a plane ticket Not enough for a car (That is, properly running car)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Oh look!! A willy waving thread :rolleyes:
    HA!!!! (to be) rep'd!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheVlad)
    This is all some clever scam to fool rich kids out of their money, isn't it?
    Yeah, but the really rich ones don't even know how much they have, so won't post! Nuts.

-Kavanne

ReputationRep:
    I had about £2000, then I had to buy tickets to get back to America Now it's like about £50.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.