Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnt)
    So how much money do you have saved (In a bank account)

I've just passed 4 figures at the age of 17
    so did i. soon to hit five figures, even with being a student. altho i just hit my overdraft limit and couldn't drink half as much as i wanted last night.

ReputationRep:
    £2224.00 - spent nearly £500 on ebay this month... *ADDICT*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kavanne)
    http://www.globalrichlist.com/index.php

-Kavanne
    I find its calculation rather difficult to believe. Perhaps it's income after tax?

Apparantly, my Dad is in the 0.001%, and we don't exactly live in luxury.

ReputationRep:
    Erm $1000 -frowns

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    I find its calculation rather difficult to believe. Perhaps it's income after tax?

Apparantly, my Dad is in the 0.001%, and we don't exactly live in luxury.
    well considering 100s of 1000s of people live on less than $1 a day. I don't know what you would consider luxury and I have no right to judge your families wealth but it means your Dad must earn over £110,000 a year which is a lot of money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jdre86)
    well considering 100s of 1000s of people live on less than $1 a day. I don't know what you would consider luxury and I have no right to judge your families wealth but it means your Dad must earn over £110,000 a year which is a lot of money.
    Yeah, if you can't live in luxury on £110K, then you are doing something wrong....

ReputationRep:
    I myself, is quite rich for a teenager. I have 4000 pound in the bank. Im a youth actor, and have done commercials n ****. Plus , i have a permanent walk-on job at MErsey TV for Grangehill and Hollyoaks.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, if you can't live in luxury on £110K, then you are doing something wrong....
    £110 is a starting wage for most professionals in City I think, so in the grand scheme of things its quite a lot but socially its not a lot.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose it depends on what you consider luxury.

My parents are split up, and that of course adds to the expenditure in a lot of ways.

But let's put it this way. My dad drives a 7 year old Peugeut 306 and my mum drives a Citroen C2 1.6 STR or whatever it's called. Not exactly luxurious. Oh, and my parents are far from tight fisted.

ReputationRep:
    I was not trying to impress people with money. I merely wished to answer the question. However, if it causes offense/angst/suicides/cries of disbelief that lead to fatal heart attacks, then I will just say I feel personally quite wealthy.

My friends are not friends with me because of my money, because my friends are richer than me, but I can see where the argument comes from. There is one guy who people get money off every day in my school in return for talking to him. However, this is only because he flashes his wealth around even more than me, so he deserves it.

However, the downside of having too much money is that I am unbelievably spoilt. I just do not know what it feels like to have debts, or to struggle through life with money and the way things are going I doubt university will have that effect on me, as I have a good paying job lined up before I go. I need some reality lessons, but in the short-run, having money to burn is great.

ReputationRep:
    the pleasure of knowing I earned every pound myself, and didn't rely on someone else to pay my way through life.

ReputationRep:
    I've got £5000....But been saving for...since ieas born...Cant wait till my 18th...Although i have already spent £2000 on a car...But still...

ReputationRep:
    I've got £23.54

ReputationRep:
    110k is HUGE amount, starting amount for most professionals in the city my bottom!!!!! the average wage in this country is round about 24k; 100k+ is usually reserved for top executives/lawyers etc.; many doctors/lawyers/other high earners are more round the 60k margin... the senior management jobs in job sections are usually listed as ones with above 40k pa...

Ive got about 2k from working so far...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.