Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi
    Can anybody pls explain the last part of Q2 on Unit 5 Jan 05
    how does the resultant electric field strength change 2 zero???

im guessing dis sort of Q wont *** up tormorrow jus it came u p last tyme...? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    my answer was that ther must be another particle on the other side of Y. but that was a guess. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheerfulsakib)
    hi

im guessing dis sort of Q wont *** up tormorrow jus it came u p last tyme...? :confused:
    :reddy:

ReputationRep:
    wow....is there a Jan 05 paper? could someone email it to me? i would be erally grateful

are there papers from january in otheryears? does anybody have copies of them?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    maybe wanna seperate the email address to prevent spam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheerfulsakib)
    hi

At Y: the force due to the -1uC point charge is attractive, the force due to the +3uC is repulsive. So the forces are in opposite directions. At Y, the +3uC charge is further away but is a bigger charge, whilst the -1uC charge is closer but smaller. So the magnitude of the two forces at Y are the same, but their directions are opposite. So the resultant field strength is zero.

ReputationRep:
    Can ne one tell me how do this qu form the jan 05 paper

jan 05
    qu 4

Explain,if the wire had twice the diameter, the current would have to be increased by a factor fo four to just lift the wire above the surface of the bench.

( the previous bit shows magnetic fields lines with a wire of lenght 0.4 m of mass 0.5g and the magnetic flux is 2 * 10 ^-2 T

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imaad)
    Can ne one tell me how do this qu form the jan 05 paper

jan 05
    qu 4

Explain,if the wire had twice the diameter, the current would have to be increased by a factor fo four to just lift the wire above the surface of the bench.

( the previous bit shows magnetic fields lines with a wire of lenght 0.4 m of mass 0.5g and the magnetic flux is 2 * 10 ^-2 T
    If the diameter is 2 times more, the volume is 4 times more (since v=L(pi)r^2), so the mass is 4 times more, so the force needed to raise the wire is 4 times more, so the current needs to be 4 times more.

ReputationRep:
    sweet thanks alot i knew it was something to do with somehting ^2. i was tryin to do it with the magnetic field strength and stuff and failin big time. thanks alot

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 15, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.