Turn on thread page Beta

OCR Physics A AS Forces+Motion/Electrons & Photons revision thread watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeroman)
    i have f&m, E&p, and W.P...n is it jsut me or have they shortened the exams??? i oculda sworn they were 1.30mins but its gonna be 1hr...but nm cya...damn stupid server is busy grrrr 1 more try
    yes they used to be 1h30mins the paper had 90 marks (1 mark a minute)
    but in 2002 they became 1 hour paper which have 60 marks (1 mark a minute)
    wave properties is 45 mins long.
    so on monday you will have 2h45min of physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FaerieLand)
    i do OCR! have just started revising today, can manage forces and motion, its waves that im certain to fail...
    i no the feeling!!! im jus cramin it all in

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm taking all 3 units Out of all the exams I've done this June, physics has the biggest percentage of maks left - 80% (since the only work that's gone towards it is the pratical)

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing E & P resit on Monday and then FFE and Unif Conc on Thursday (A2 modules) and Health Phys 2 wks after that! Is anyone gonna do the syllabus for E & P or any of the other modules?? Also, does anyone have some past exam papers scanned in at all?? (Wishful thinking maybe?)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, this is great for unifying concepts too!

(Original post by salmiak)
    Thanks, this is great for unifying concepts too!
    yes it is.......

forces and motion was the BEST topic ever.... wait till you guys hit the forces, fields and energy one...... a lot to learn in that

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else think that the specimine papers for the AS units are quite hard? It might be because I haven't done physics for awhile, but I'm finding them quite tricky

ReputationRep:
    yeah ffe is hugggeeeeee..
    i only have5 days to revise all of it- from scratch, including f&m for monday. eek!

(Original post by misty)
    yeah ffe is hugggeeeeee..
    i only have5 days to revise all of it- from scratch, including f&m for monday. eek!
    LOL5 DAYS? GOOD LUCK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    yes forces fields energy is so hard, got it next thursday resit. try to improve my miserable 45/90 i got in january!
    for AS im on 230/300, and i got 67/90 for phy4,
    im resittin phy 3(practical and astro) and phy1 to get my physics AS up2 a sick A, then get my phy 4 upto an A, then im usually pretty good at phy6 so i can get B in phy 6 , ill get an A,but i messed up phy 5 practical, no less than a C, so i need to annihalate the phy exam(DAMN IM STRESSED)
    I NEED AN A

ReputationRep:
    anyone know where i can get a markscheme for the 12 january 2004 paper forces and motion?

ReputationRep:
    I havent got a clue sorry..
    a question- whats motive force and breaking force? and how do driving wheels generate a motive force? the importance of friction in accel and deccel. and also, what experiment is used to determine YM?
    thanks to anyone who can help

ReputationRep:
    This thread is great, i'm revising for a mock test tomorrow, quite a few people do this syllabus so I think that a wave properties thread should be made, as well as a few hints for the practical exam.

Let me give you a tip, don't make stupid mistakes in this paper. Exam technique is absolutely paramount as it's a relatively easy paper that everyone studies hard for.

Get at least 50 out of the 60 to get a good 85/90 UMS

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, I think I'll make a wave properties thread in November (late) if that's okay with everyone. It should aid people with their revision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaggenDaZ)
    Let me give you a tip, don't make stupid mistakes in this paper. Exam technique is absolutely paramount as it's a relatively easy paper that everyone studies hard for.

Get at least 50 out of the 60 to get a good 85/90 UMS
    guess you should have used your own advice then :rolleyes:

Just thought I would bring this thread back for people that need some notes, remember I hand typed all these so if you see any mistakes PM me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    guess you should have used your own advice then :rolleyes:

Just thought I would bring this thread back for people that need some notes, remember I hand typed all these so if you see any mistakes PM me
    Woh, nice thread! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    Woh, nice thread! :eek:
    lol, yeh I get bored sometimes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    lol, yeh I get bored sometimes
    Thanks really useful, im on OCR A, going to be retaking that module

ReputationRep:
    nice I want to make one for physics A2 edexcel:rolleyes:anyway and questions would be useful for some practice

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  3. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.