P2 AQA 2morow ! Watch

This discussion is closed.
sumitk87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
i got pure2 2morow any one else got it aswel ?
if so u ready for it ?
any last minute hints ?
lesser weevil
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I thought Ps had changed to Cs? Or is it a retake?
Where Did I Go?
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(I tried posting this last night, but was getting erros)

All the best.
MAP2 is a nice module. Although big in content its quite nice (and useful for furture modules if you continue for further maths).
I have MAP4 today.
Best advice, although late is to just do plenty of past papers.
If nothing else... enjoy yourself
wednesburywench
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
p2 is not nice its harder than p3 dreading exam
sumitk87
Rep:
?
(Original post by lesser weevil)
I thought Ps had changed to Cs? Or is it a retake?
its core now for people doing AS this year but we are basically the last year to do the old stuff (p1p2p3 etc )

The paper was hard
didnt do well atall, was aiming for 90% jusdging from the easy past papers but this was a killer :eek:

how did everyone else find it ?
Vijay1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by sumitk87)
its core now for people doing AS this year but we are basically the last year to do the old stuff (p1p2p3 etc )

The paper was hard
didnt do well atall, was aiming for 90% jusdging from the easy past papers but this was a killer :eek:

It was soo old, I couldn't find it :rolleyes:
strawberries
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by sumitk87)

The paper was hard

absolutely bloody awful
wednesburywench
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i thought it was good, apart from shoving a question from pure 1 in there which i obviously hadnt revised how to do cus it ad never been there b4. The sum of the sequence thingy, cudnt remember the formula , apart from that i felt it was quite an easy paper, especially as far as the proof was concerned cus they practically told you how to do it by giving the identity u needed to use.
Alphie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Have to say I agree with strawberiies and sumitk87 - a horribly hard paper. I thought I was doing really well with the past papers and had everything nailed, but this was quite different and a lot harder. They seemed to be deliberately trying to catch you out or be awkward. Only consolation is the majority of people at school agreeed so with any luck, the grade boundaries will be set quite low!!
Da_Head1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeah i agree with the first question being absolutely pants nearly went into a panic spiral but ignored it lol. i know its really bad to post mortem but what value did you guys get for the last question ?
niceladbitthick
Report 13 years ago
The entire paper was just awful I think (partly teachers fault for not being able to teach!) Have had to resit P2 from january and although it wasn't as bad as January!! (not that I could have done any worse) Question 1 shouldn't have been asked as it wasn't from P2 and should have been tested when we did P1 who the hell remembers things like that?!?!?! did not like question 4 either that was just evil too so not looking at anything fantastic again ah well
Da_Head1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
what was question four on again?
niceladbitthick
Report 13 years ago
Erm I Think it was the one with prove that cos2x = (random thing i cant remember) using the identity they gave you...didnt find it helpful at all so left the question
sumitk87
Rep:
?
(Original post by niceladbitthick)
Erm I Think it was the one with prove that cos2x = (random thing i cant remember) using the identity they gave you...didnt find it helpful at all so left the question
cos2x = 2cos²x - 1
using cos(a+b) = cosacosb -sinasinb

you had to use sin²x + cos²x = 1
niceladbitthick
Report 13 years ago
thanks...depress me even further lol, I just generally didn't like the paper
strawberries
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
it was just like mr examiner thought "ok this ist he last p2" and basically they just tried to catch us out, it was not really anything like the past papers, it was loadsa p1 stuff, what happend to the product rule, the chain rule?! Eh , mr examiner? the one we'd all revised 'cos you put it on our bloody syllabus! No no, you just go on give us the area of a triangle, the length of a chord, and the sum of a geoetric progreession which the whole of my year couldnt get to work?? Well, thanks Mr Examiner of ruining any chance I had of getting into leeds!! you've been a great help!! :rolleyes:
niceladbitthick
Report 13 years ago
lucky for me I don't need maths A level
strawberries
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by niceladbitthick)
lucky for me I don't need maths A level
your sympathy is very much appreciated in this matter :rolleyes:
Da_Head1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
dude don't worry there is another module, i'm guessing you've got P3 aswell? Just kickass in that exam and you'll get into leeds. I've just worked out i got the second question wrong and it was kinda the easiest on there.

cos2x = 2cos²x - 1
using cos(a+b) = cosacosb -sinasinb

you had to use sin²x + cos²x = 1
yeah i used that
strawberries
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Da_Head1)
dude don't worry there is another module, i'm guessing you've got P3 aswell? Just kickass in that exam and you'll get into leeds. I've just worked out i got the second question wrong and it was kinda the easiest on there.

yeah i used that
aww thankyoo muchos!! you're confidence in me is very much appreciated!!xx
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (561)
37.68%
No - but I will (116)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (106)
7.12%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (706)
47.41%

Watched Threads