Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay I will make this quick, can you catch cold sores from kissing?

I saw the guy I'm kinda seeing today and he has a tiny little cold sore at the top of his lip, or one that is developing anyway. We kissed, but not a lot and nothing else happened. I'm just curious if I will have caught one now.

I've never had one before, so if I have caught one, is it likely I will be more prone to them in the future?

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    My ex had one and yet we pashed, didn't result in anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by md_red_uk)
    My ex had one and yet we pashed, didn't result in anything.
    Ah okay, fair enough. It wasn't too much kissing, so hopefully I will be okay. I don't really fancy a cold sore during my exams next week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smiley_Me)
    Okay I will make this quick, can you catch cold sores from kissing?

I saw the guy I'm kinda seeing today and he has a tiny little cold sore at the top of his lip, or one that is developing anyway. We kissed, but not a lot and nothing else happened. I'm just curious if I will have caught one now.

I've never had one before, so if I have caught one, is it likely I will be more prone to them in the future?

Thanks x
    you can catch them via contact like that.

cold sores are the herpes virus. once you've caught it, you have it for life.

info : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_sore

ReputationRep:
    Yes! They are very contagious.

ReputationRep:
    Sure you'd know Helen :p:

ReputationRep:
    Cheers guys, well I will just have to wait and see.

I have heard the virus can lay dormant for a while.

I just hope it was worth it!

ReputationRep:
    The virus buries deep into the skin and resurfaces when you're stressed, etc. Apparently you feel a tingle when they are about to erupt, at which point you can put cream on to lessen the attack.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I heard about that. I'm pretty stressed right now, what with exams and the such like, so I will see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    did ukno the coldsore is a strand of the herepes virus if you recieve oral sex from soembody with a coldsaw you can get genital herpes...ask your doctor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tktaylor6)
    did ukno the coldsore is a strand of the herepes virus if you recieve oral sex from soembody with a coldsaw you can get genital herpes...ask your doctor
    Yeah I did, and he didn't give me oral sex, much to his and my annoyance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    any revelations on the cold sore front?
    Nope, except now I'm ill hehe. See my other thread 'Ill before exams'.

Ah another great week...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 17, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.