Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, Shotokan karate? That's what I'm doing too! I currently have a brown belt and won't be able to get the black belt before I move to London to study, but am planning on joining the ULU karate club. I'm a little afraid, though - I've no idea if they actually teach Shotokan there. It'd be a waste to start all over again in a different style. What was your favourite kata?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jandarini)
    Ooh, Shotokan karate? That's what I'm doing too! I currently have a brown belt and won't be able to get the black belt before I move to London to study, but am planning on joining the ULU karate club. I'm a little afraid, though - I've no idea if they actually teach Shotokan there. It'd be a waste to start all over again in a different style. What was your favourite kata?
    I'm sure even if they don't teach Shotokan at the ULU you can find some place in London that will. London is so big...
    I do tae kwon do and my master has said he's going to try and find out if there are any good schools for me to go to in London. I'll try out the uni one first, but there are different systems of tae kwon do and in the UK it's mostly the other system they teach :rolleyes: - it would be, wouldn't it? But I'm sure somewhere in London they'll be a dojo where they teach the same style I'm into.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, I'm sure there's somewhere in London too, but the ULU is so convenient for me, as it's located right next to the main building of SOAS (which is where I will be studying this September). Adarah, where will you be studying in London?

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, I'm sure there's somewhere in London too, but the ULU is so convenient for me, as it's located right next to the main building of SOAS (which is where I will be studying this September). Adarah, where will you be studying in London?
    Imperial College London, so the ULU buildings are not very close, but I suppose I could just get on the bus or use the tube

ReputationRep:
    cool i think i was a brown and one black strip or something.

The first one LOL it was so easy compared to the others. All you had to do was punch and move in a sort of cross shape. It's quite funny when you look back on it. God it's been about three years since i last wore my suit It was really annoying because i was under 16 i had to do all the intermediate belts, so i basically had to do the same kata twice everytime i got a new belt which was annoying.

Oh dear i remember the time when i had to go to this show and there was this girl who was two years younger than me and i had to fight her - she was a black belt! :eek: LOL i didn't realise she was actually a black belt until the end - i thought it was just very dark blue :rolleyes: I drew with her though so i was quite chuffed

yeh that was the same with me. When i moved to another one, they taught it all differently and i didn't know anyone. It was like being the new girl at school lol. Plus they were all guys and i felt a bit left out

ReputationRep:
    There are huge numbers of Shotokan clubs in London. You'll have no problem finding a good one.

As for my aims, I'm going to break some people in the boxing ring.

ReputationRep:
    Get a first in classics then go on to get a phd in it.

ReputationRep:
    I want to get a first, learn a different language (probably spanish),and drink a whole bottle of baileys for myself!

Don't get it twisted, i'm no alcoholic!

ReputationRep:
    I would want to get a degree, preferably a first or 2:1 and to meet a lot of friends.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.