Liking someone 3-4 years younger

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I'm a 18 year old male in year 13 and Ive started to like this girl who's in year 10 , until April i will have a 4 year age difference between her and me. I don't like her in a sexual way obviously I'm not like that, I haven't even talked with her yet and stuff.

But i just feel its really wrong and scared of what other people may think of me. Also it feels weird cause i remember in year 10 i was a ******ed guy who never knew what i was doing and felt that at that age i wasn't aware of any of my actions. Therefore it makes me think shes too young to think for herself. I don't know if i should talk to her as shes apparently really shy , even to guys in her year group. So imagine if i tried talking with her, she may think I'm a pedo or something.

What to do??
Anonymous #1
bumpp
Respect4Acting
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 12 years ago
Do you want to go to prison?

if sooooo, continue your questing!
Anonymous #2
Report 12 years ago
Girls are supposedly more mature than guys anyway, go for it - I know loads of girls in my class in Year 10 who had boyfriends who were in Sixth form, they used to love the idea of the older lads and it used to be something that wasn't taboo.

In these days of political correctness, you will undoubtedly be looked upon as a cradle snatcher even though young people are a lot more informed than they would be even a few years ago.

If it works, don't shout about it until she's older by a year or so at least and if you have sex don't tell everyone about it. make sure it's fully concensual and you both want it and she will probably do the same.

I doubt it would work out though, but ignore the politically correct morons who will inevitably shout pedo.
RainbowDrops
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 12 years ago
I'm in year 10 and my boyfriend is in year 12, and we actually got together about a year ago. No problems so far; I'd go for it if I were you!
Sweenerborg
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm a 18 year old male in year 13 and Ive started to like this girl who's in year 10 , until April i will have a 4 year age difference between her and me. I don't like her in a sexual way obviously I'm not like that, I haven't even talked with her yet and stuff.

But i just feel its really wrong and scared of what other people may think of me. Also it feels weird cause i remember in year 10 i was a ******ed guy who never knew what i was doing and felt that at that age i wasn't aware of any of my actions. Therefore it makes me think shes too young to think for herself. I don't know if i should talk to her as shes apparently really shy , even to guys in her year group. So imagine if i tried talking with her, she may think I'm a pedo or something.

What to do??
So... you like her, but you don't know what she's like on the inside, and you're not attracted to her body? What is it exactly you like?

BTW, using the rule of creepiness (age/2+7), anyone younger than 16 is creepy for you.
Insomniac_1901
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Sweenerborg)
So... you like her, but you don't know what she's like on the inside, and you're not attracted to her body? What is it exactly you like?

BTW, using the rule of creepiness (age/2+7), anyone younger than 16 is creepy for you.
i'll be waiting for the answer to this myself - valid point lol
ourlastmemory
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
There's this bloke who's left my school who's going out with a year 11 girl, he's nearly 19 she's 15, don't think he gets judged much and they pretty much do it all, so yeah not unheard of but its still a little weird, but meh if you have nice friends I wouldn't worry about it.

If you're seriously considering something though, talking to her would at least be a good start :p:
didgeridoo12uk
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
it may work, it may not. not that weird really

i reckon for most couples, the maturity levels would be too different though, and it could well cause problems
micky022
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
In our place, same year is fine, 1+ is fine, 2+ is pushing it, 3 is perverted sex monster.
Christian_j
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Sweenerborg)
You can like someone's looks without wanting to have underage sex with them.

At least, that's how I interpreted it.
Anonymous #1
I just think she looks cute, and it attracts me to her i guess
Deamo
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Well, I wouldn't think it was WEIRD.

You could always try small-talking to her, and just see what she is as a person, and if she is really shy as you say- I am sure she would be happy if you did show her some attention.
Just offer to be her friend, and ask her out to see her after school, but make sure she understands its not as a date (unless you want it to be one..).

The guy I am dating is 22 (I'm 17), and to be honest- I don't find it weird AT ALL. It all depends on the person, of course. Sure, the fact that you/her is younger than that is also a factor.

Nobody ever got hurt talking to anyone, though.

Say, a couple of years ago I was extremely shy, and hardly ever talked to anyone. However, I got extremely happy whenever someone acknowledges my existence, as it made me feel comforted.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Deamo)
Well, I wouldn't think it was WEIRD.

You could always try small-talking to her, and just see what she is as a person, and if she is really shy as you say- I am sure she would be happy if you did show her some attention.
Just offer to be her friend, and ask her out to see her after school, but make sure she understands its not as a date (unless you want it to be one..).

The guy I am dating is 22 (I'm 17), and to be honest- I don't find it weird AT ALL. It all depends on the person, of course. Sure, the fact that you/her is younger than that is also a factor.

Nobody ever got hurt talking to anyone, though.

Say, a couple of years ago I was extremely shy, and hardly ever talked to anyone. However, I got extremely happy whenever someone acknowledges my existence, as it made me feel comforted.
Thanks for the post, made me feel a lot better.
gummers
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
I go no lower than -2 years..
Deamo
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks for the post, made me feel a lot better.
I'm glad I was of help. =)

Age has really nothing to do with being friendly. =P
xD Just take it slow at first, perhaps just saying "hello" in the corridor, or walk up to her and ask her how she is doing. =)
Just friendly little gestures without being pushy. ^^
Revolution is my Name
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
A friend of mine (a girl) went out with a Year 13 when we were in Year 10; obviously there was quite a lot of "paedo" jibes thrown at him (including from me), and it's obviously a mahoosive difference in terms of maturity, and then there's the issue of you most probably going to University next year (will you really want to tell all the new people you meet there that you're girlfriend's 15?), but, at the end of the day, if you really like her, then you may as well at least talk to her and see what happens
machiavelli123
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
tbh its safest to just wait till shes 16 before indulging in the pleasures of the flesh
Honey_89
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Maybe try to stay in touch with her and if you still like her in a few years time take it further. As you both get older, the age gap isn't that big.
Skeppy
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
so basically she is 14... ahahhaha no! dont do it thats pushing it it wouldnt be bad if you were 16... i dont know just do what you feels right for you Id suggest talking to her first though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (37)
25.87%
As I expected (46)
32.17%
Harder (53)
37.06%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.9%

Watched Threads