The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
the soothing stuff is good for sensitive skin, if your spots are caused by sensitivity. however the stronger stuff like clearasil is better for many spots due to acne as oppposed to sensitivity
It's also your moisturiser after you've washed your face which counts.

Oil of Olay's touch range are great for most skin types and have built in sunblock :smile:
Reply 22
I use tea tree oil dabbed on a cotton bud directly on spots. It dries them up very quickly and they go down within a day or so.
Reply 23
the witchazel product range from boots in great. especially the gel and the night cream (i don't like the day cream because - well, it smells of witchazel :wink: ). they are really good, but best only used at night lol.
Has anyone had (or even considered) microdermabrasion (a high strength exfoliation basically) as im considering going to this clinic for one, or even a mild chemcial peel.

I just wondered if any TSR people have any stories to tell about these procedures?
boots chemist do some stuff called panoxyl. you can get it in 2.5, 5 and 10, but DONT use it if youre allergic to benzoyl peroxide cause this has it in. the 2.5 etc stuff is the % of benzoyl peroxide it has in there. It zaps them away, but if put on the wrong part of skin i.e where theres no spots it will burn the skin.
Reply 26
Has anyone had (or even considered) microdermabrasion (a high strength exfoliation basically) as im considering going to this clinic for one, or even a mild chemcial peel.

I just wondered if any TSR people have any stories to tell about these procedures?

Depending on your conditions. I don't see the point of these procedures unless you a have a visible area of indented scars. Also, these are not recommended for those with active acne. Redmarks can be delt with delna's method from acne.org.
Reply 27
boots chemist do some stuff called panoxyl. you can get it in 2.5, 5 and 10, but DONT use it if youre allergic to benzoyl peroxide cause this has it in. the 2.5 etc stuff is the % of benzoyl peroxide it has in there. It zaps them away, but if put on the wrong part of skin i.e where theres no spots it will burn the skin.

Boots does 2.5% Panoxyl? I've been looking for the damn thing for ages!

Latest

Trending

Trending