Turn on thread page Beta

Dating a shy virgin guy- what to do watch

ReputationRep:
    Or find out why he keeps cancelling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Except maybe a Hooters restaurant in the US.
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    They don't have that (yet?) in the UK ya??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonnyB)
    Where do you live?
    essex and i have no car sadly

loll i guess this isnt the kind of thread you'd expect from an essex girl!

ReputationRep:
    You're just going to have to be gentle with him, take things quite slowly if he's as shy as this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feefifofum)
    You're just going to have to be gentle with him, take things quite slowly if he's as shy as this
    He's not a ****ing dog or something... god dammit tell him how you feel, go out with him to a film, go back to his house and savage savage savage
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    wait hang on. So you have a problem with him being shy, unable to smoke, drink, go to clubs, he's unable to take the inicitive, make dates with you, persumably by the thread title he is hesistant about being intimate...

he may be shy, or he may be just plain uninterested. What do you see in him, or is it all about looks?

ReputationRep:
    I first started out at the Pizza hut and then to the cinema on my first date. OR ask him which type of food he loves and take him to appropriate restaurant.

ReputationRep:
    you dont understand. not just with girls but with guys too, hes shy. partly because he's new to the uk. at parties he just stands in the corner eating peanuts and not talking. unless i talk non stop to him. and if ive had alot of caffeine and i come on too strong he just leaves.

so, any good restaurants people?

actually thats a point- how do i make the MOVE- i went in for the kiss and he dodged and only gave me a small peck on the cheek like i was his mom or something.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    so who cares if he shy with other people, its your relationship that matters.

If he won't even kiss you then thats not exactly a good sign. Are you sure you are pressurising him or he isn't religious?

ReputationRep:
    He sounds sh*t.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    wait hang on. So you have a problem with him being shy, unable to smoke, drink, go to clubs, he's unable to take the inicitive, make dates with you, persumably by the thread title he is hesistant about being intimate...

he may be shy, or he may be just plain uninterested. What do you see in him, or is it all about looks?
    well initially it was looks - let me tell you he is so so hot. he looks like a thai film star. he's big muscly and has a cute moustache and big lips.

but as i spoke to him more, he's not the playa type, and i find him intellectual, kind, caring.

i only found out last week he didnt dance or drink and had never had a gf. but i dont want that to stop me, i do want to get to know him and be with him.

i know he is interested because he tod me we could be together, and he's away right now but emails me everyday. hes fine online, but in realty he is shy shy shy. he did ask me out first for a coffee, but then cancelled at the last minute.

i dont have a prob with it, but i just have never been in this position before.

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't sound like he is remotely interested to me. Even a shy guy would not normally dodge a kiss. Ever considered that he just isn't into you. Email is one thing. Plenty of people flirt online but wouldn't do anything about it in real life. Maybe your attention makes him feel good but he doesn't want to take it any further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    so who cares if he shy with other people, its your relationship that matters.

If he won't even kiss you then thats not exactly a good sign. Are you sure you are pressurising him or he isn't religious?
    i think he is religious actually, i think he's strictly catholic or orthodox christian as he wears a massive silver crucifix necklace.

but surely that doesnt stop you dating people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoVet)
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    They don't have that (yet?) in the UK ya??
    We have one in notts.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    have you tried speaking to him rather than forcing him into dates and kisses?

he really doesn't sound that interested. As viviki said, even the shyest of guys would make a bit of effort.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he's gay......

Most Catholics drink....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)
    i think he is religious actually, i think he's strictly catholic or orthodox christian as he wears a massive silver crucifix necklace.

magiccarpet.

if he wants to go out with you he will do.

you have labelled him as a 'frigid virgin' who is 'inexperienced' in what exactly? aren't you a virgin too and thus sexually inexperienced? or are you talking emotionally in relationships? surely shyness doesn't equal inexperience?
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by magiccarpet)

errrm which one is it? Depends how religious he is. If he's one of these guys who follows the bible word for word then I'm surprised he's dating. Some of them can be really OTT.

ReputationRep:
    yes i am also a virgin, but i have been out with guys before and i have kissed people before
    he hasnt been on a date at all.
    and i know he does like me because i asked him out as it 'do you want to go out with me' and he said yes. if he keeps cancelling dates, after about perhaps 3 times im going to give up. the time after i asked him out (i asked him out last week) i wanted to take him out for lunch the day before he went on holiday but he cancelled as he was busy.
    and also he asked me out first.
    its getting better- from 4 word texts to 5 min long phone convos- i think thats some progress.

but the thing is, i dont have much experience and am not so good at making all the moves

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    Even a shy guy would not normally dodge a kiss.
    Some of us might do. It wouldn't be something I'd think about doing on purpose but if he's really scared he could do it without thinking. I.e. something like "omg" *dodges* if he's not ready for it.

Edit: Having said that, I still try very hard to seem interested and try not to act shy when I am. I would be annoyed if the other person doesn't show any interest though.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 17, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.