Turn on thread page Beta

Dating a shy virgin guy- what to do watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)
    yes i am also a virgin, but i have been out with guys before and i have kissed people before
    he hasnt been on a date at all.
    and i know he does like me because i asked him out as it 'do you want to go out with me' and he said yes. if he keeps cancelling dates, after about perhaps 3 times im going to give up. the time after i asked him out (i asked him out last week) i wanted to take him out for lunch the day before he went on holiday but he cancelled as he was busy.
    and also he asked me out first.
    its getting better- from 4 word texts to 5 min long phone convos- i think thats some progress.

but the thing is, i dont have much experience and am not so good at making all the moves
    he could have changed his mind? thought you over.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grifter)
    He sounds sh*t.
    Hahaha, give him a chance!

ReputationRep:
    no it was the same night i asked him out that i wanted the kiss

ReputationRep:
    I think he should have said he was gay straight away. Would have got you of his case quicker!

ReputationRep:
    carpet i think you need to just take it slowly with the fellow. be friends first maybe. and also find out what he likes to do, makes dating someone fussy much easier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonnyB)
    savage savage savage
    and we all sing: I knew I loved you before I met you...

ReputationRep:
    no it was the same night i asked him out that i wanted the kiss
    To share an electrifying kiss you need to build the tension lots and lots, lots of touching then seemingly indifference. 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

Play with his hair, then a little nip with your lips on the tip of his nose, then just barely touch lips, move back a little, smile(!) then move in slightly to barely touching again and let him kiss you. He will.

ReputationRep:
    WOW thats amazing advice! you must be a pro! i'm going to try that on my bf tomorrow!but if carpet's bf is as shy as she says, i think all that might scare him. i think you should kiss him on the cheek then move round to the mouth if he kisses you back, or if you get the right signals that he wants more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feelthesunshine)
    To share an electrifying kiss you need to build the tension lots and lots, lots of touching then seemingly indifference. 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

Play with his hair, then a little nip with your lips on the tip of his nose, then just barely touch lips, move back a little, smile(!) then move in slightly to barely touching again and let him kiss you. He will.
    You should be the advice columnist for a girl magazine.

ReputationRep:
    no you dont understand. he doesnt drink/smoke/dance at clubs or parties.
    my bfs take me for dinner then a club, but i cant do that here.

i mean, no dancing/drinking/smoking rules out most clubs/bars/pubs.
    the main thng is im a bit shy of making all the moves- im certain this is how men must feel!

anyone what restaurants can you particularly recommend for dates?
    Take him to a restuarant where you can relax and like the food - some cosy area, not too loud, melodic - just be romantic! LOL!

I reckon you're playing this right - tbh once he gets used to you he'll come out more from his shell and hey, guys that are worth the time to get to know, once you know them, you'll be the special one cus you'll be the only one and it's worth it Just give him time He needs to trust you. You're going slow which is great cus you don't wanna scare him.

Hey or maybe take him back to your house/flat/whatever and cook for him? Stereotypically, women do cook and I remember you said yourself you believe it's a woman's job??? (if you never said that, my apologies!!) Either way, be a romantic - cook for him Or alternatively why not a pinic? - Does it have to be a restuarant? - What makes a good date is the intimacy mostly - the rest don't matter much - go out by the lake or whatever at sunset and have a sandwich picnic, buy stuff you know he likes and tell him he's gotta do the same for you so you both contribute to the picnic. Then you two can be alone, have a great view of the lake and sunset, have a great laugh eating your favourite food, with the one person you're crazy about. Awwwww LOL I want a date like that myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missjelly)
    WOW thats amazing advice! you must be a pro! i'm going to try that on my bf tomorrow!but if carpet's bf is as shy as she says, i think all that might scare him. i think you should kiss him on the cheek then move round to the mouth if he kisses you back, or if you get the right signals that he wants more.
    (Original post by JonnyB)
    You should be the advice columnist for a girl magazine.
    What's a person without a great audience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feelthesunshine)

Lol the girl to go on a date with you sounds like she'll have a fab time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoVet)
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    They don't have that (yet?) in the UK ya??
    There is one near Trent Bridge in Nottingham- the only one in the UK AFAIK.

ReputationRep:
    loll.. i have 2 questions from u.. why most of ur topics r about shy guys? check these links and see..
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t116756.html
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t108912.html
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t117452.html
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t108341.html

second one is that what do u mean by Miss Afghanistan which is in ur Sig?

ReputationRep:
    Pizza Hut

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by che guevara)
    loll.. i have 2 questions from u.. why most of ur topics r about shy guys? check these links and see..
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t116756.html
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t108912.html
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t117452.html
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t108341.html

second one is that what do u mean by Miss Afghanistan which is in ur Sig?
    its the same guy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    There is one near Trent Bridge in Nottingham- the only one in the UK AFAIK.
    I think there is one in Milton Keynes :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveManUK)
    its the same guy...

oh lol.. i didnt read the topics though but i found the word "SHY" in every topic..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovemonkeys)
    I think there is one in Milton Keynes :rolleyes:
    ah I did not know that

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveManUK)
    its the same guy...
    i think this whole thread is so cute. carpet's been after that guy for ages! i say good luck to her!! aww they finally got it together, isnt a happy ending so so cute awww :p: bless!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 17, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.