Turn on thread page Beta

Dating a shy virgin guy- what to do watch

ReputationRep:
    its not really a happy ending...yet

he seems really rubbish. but stick with it, maybe hell gain confidence. but he probably won't. does he have many friends?
    he is probably cancelling dates because hes mroe comfortable at home, so maybe dont go for dinner or something like that, just go places together when you see each other, like in the library when yourve both finished say "wanna come into town for a bit?" and get a coffee.

ReputationRep:
    Show him wht you can do with confidence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)
    hello all.

thanks to all you people who convinced me to pull this hot thai guy in the library.

however he is a shy virgin and keeps cancelling dates at the last minute, unless i force him to go. however when he does go, when we are alone together he is great, but very shy and has never had a gf. he says he does really want us to be together, and he emails me lovely stuff but in reality he is shy.basically it seems i have to make all the moves as he has no experience.

anyone have any tips ? also anyone know any good restaurants to go on a date, or anywhere i can take him on a date?

i have never taken out a guy before- the guys i had been out with tend to make the moves so i have no idea.

thanks folks. if i ever marry the guy, tsr is invited to the wedding
    does he have many friends??? maybe you could get 2 of yr mates and 2 of his... then go out... i did that with my ex cos i really am shy and he was my first boyf... it seemed to work really well

ReputationRep:
    I suggest that you try watching rom-com together. Very mushy and he might get the idea. Hug and touch and blatently flirt, and if it comes to it, take a leading role.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missjelly)
    WOW thats amazing advice! you must be a pro! i'm going to try that on my bf tomorrow!but if carpet's bf is as shy as she says, i think all that might scare him. i think you should kiss him on the cheek then move round to the mouth if he kisses you back, or if you get the right signals that he wants more.
    (Original post by JonnyB)
    You should be the advice columnist for a girl magazine.
    (Original post by irisng)
    Lol the girl to go on a date with you sounds like she'll have a fab time
    Sebastian from the Little Mermaid will be singing in my head tomorrow morning: Go on and kiss the girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)
    hello all.

thanks to all you people who convinced me to pull this hot thai guy in the library.

however he is a shy virgin and keeps cancelling dates at the last minute, unless i force him to go. however when he does go, when we are alone together he is great, but very shy and has never had a gf. he says he does really want us to be together, and he emails me lovely stuff but in reality he is shy.basically it seems i have to make all the moves as he has no experience.

anyone have any tips ? also anyone know any good restaurants to go on a date, or anywhere i can take him on a date?

i have never taken out a guy before- the guys i had been out with tend to make the moves so i have no idea.

thanks folks. if i ever marry the guy, tsr is invited to the wedding

That must be tough hun, but instead of making out its an ultra serious 'date' type thingy why not take him somewhere fun like bowling, or the cinema, or something similar so you can both have fun and get to know eachother without the stress of the whole dating thing? He might get more relaxed if he's having fun! Good luck let us know how it goes!

ReputationRep:
    That said going in a group like suggested is a good idea too!

ReputationRep:
    Hey carpet, how about an update?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 17, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.