Turn on thread page Beta

AQA General studies! silly silly! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kivin)
    Nima, you sound like my teacher :p:

Unit 4 I found OK, never have to do French again now! Multiple choice on unit 5 I found OK..not too difficult (although a few I had no idea about) it was more you just had to concentrate really hard. Those cog/gear questions had my head spinning. I thought all 6 essays were poor on the back, virtually all needed specific prior knowledge. I expected a more general scientific question such as global warming, euthanasia, abortion, etc. Ended up going for the skin question, don't think I did well at all on that one.
    That's a good point. All the previous essays I'd seen were more a test of the ability to construct a good argument rather than requiring much specific knowledge. I did the skin question too and just waffled on about what I'd learnt in biology :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's unlucky for those who don't do maths or biology or history, subjects which were likely to help with those essays. I sat there at the end of my Physics exam today, looking at the brick wall, thinking: Hmm, it isn't Stretcher or English! You learn something new every day..

ReputationRep:
    All in all, it's just another brick in the wall.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the general studies paper was hard

I couldnt do the science paper - or answer any of the essay questions - i had to do the one about skin. The language paper was ok but again the essay paper was a bit hmmmm what do i choose.

I have the slight disadvantage that I did not do science this or last year and have not done geography or history or technology since year 9!!
    All in all I do think that perhaps AQA should give the candidates some help maybe with a certain area of science to research.

But oh well its nearly all over!

ReputationRep:
    i didn't think the intensive farming question was too bad..i reckon general studies tests your ability to waffle!thought i'd messed up the politics paper last year and ended up getting full marks so everyone who's worrying chill out..they mark it really randomly and u end up getting good marks

ReputationRep:
    End up getting good marks!!!??? I reckon i'm an A grades student, and I got a C last year for general studies in AS. I hate the science paper.

ReputationRep:
    ne1 got ne ideas for the consumerism and choice paper??

ReputationRep:
    I'm going over it tomorrow. It may help scanning the BBC News website to check for any recent events relating to the issues in the case study though.

ReputationRep:
    The Geography in History essay was great, I actually did a proper answer (that is didn't try to talk about red hot chili peppers songs) as its good practice for my history AEA.
    The French was marvellous. Doing it at A2 kinda helped.

ReputationRep:
    Yay, someone else who loved that question! ^_^

What is the History AEA like?

ReputationRep:
    3 hours long.
    All the questions are quite open ended, and they expect you to have lots of opinions on things while at the same time being able to come up with loads of examples to back them up. I dunno if I'll have time to revise all the Marxist historians' names...

ReputationRep:
    argh im doin the history aea exam 2...not sure why!u have questions like "what is history?" and "does history make good biography?" and stuff like that

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.