Turn on thread page Beta

The Victory Parade!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just watched the rugby parade on TV - made me so proud to be English!! really annoyed i wasn't there, was great to see there were so many people there!! does anyone know how many?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    Just watched the rugby parade on TV - made me so proud to be English!! really annoyed i wasn't there, was great to see there were so many people there!! does anyone know how many?
    I don't know. I really wanted to be there, but I have college :mad:, but it is really good to hear it makes you feel proud. I get fed up with people sl*gging off this country, despite the fact that they love to sponge off us... I think that the day in which we won the IRB World Cup should be a national holiday - I bet that if they knew that it would take so long to win again back in 1966, they would have made it a national holiday...

So all together...

"Looked over Jordan, what did I see?
    comin' for to carry the Webb Elis Cup home..."

ReputationRep:
    swing low, sweet chariot!

ReputationRep:
    Its good that finally there is a sport where England prove themselves as being the best, rather than underperforming, as they do in other sports.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Its good that finally there is a sport where England prove themselves as being the best, rather than underperforming, as they do in other sports.
    Much better than those bloody Prima Donna's who call themselves sportsmen... Yeah, that right, footballers.

Rugby, a game for ruffians, played by gentlemen...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by creativesurgeon)
    Much better than those bloody Prima Donna's who call themselves sportsmen... Yeah, that right, footballers.

Rugby, a game for ruffians, played by gentlemen...
    'Waterloo (I think it was Waterloo) was won on the playing fields of Eton' or words to that effect...said by some person....Wellington? Can't remeber

ReputationRep:
    I finished uni at 11:00, though left at aroung 11:30 and was wondering whether to go to the victory parade or not. Unfortunately, I had a driving lesson so I couldn't, but I'd have loved to be there, especially for the atmosphere.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, England!!!

ReputationRep:
    Just saw some highlights on the news. Good stuff.

Seems bizarre to do it on a weekday though.

ReputationRep:
    the atmosphere looked great, i would have loved to have been there

ReputationRep:
    My friend went up to see it. I am soooooo jealous. The number of people that turned up was really impressive tho.

Rugby rules

ReputationRep:
    Apparently there were 3/4 million people there! I really wanted to go, but i had a P3 lesson this arvo, grrr!!!!
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Just watched it on the news, and wish I had been there. The atmosphere seemed brill, and it would be a day to remember for all present (which unfortunately didn't include me)

Did anyone go to watch the parade today?????????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    Just saw some highlights on the news. Good stuff.

Seems bizarre to do it on a weekday though.
    That's what i thought - then i saw the number of people there. Imagine if it had been a saturday...

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    it wud have been nice to go there. may have to watch news l8er to see highlights

ReputationRep:
    Have ya seen the pictures in the 'papers? I think it was a crime for us to be made to attend out 'academic institutions' instead of watching it.

Forget o2 - I'm a proud supporter of the victorious England Rugby Team...
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Let us not go too far there please. The best little kicker is enough.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.