Turn on thread page Beta

My very first open day (awwwww) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    Sounds like you had another good open day! Which one did you like so far, Exeter or Royal Holloway?

Your open days so far are better than mine, especially when you have sample lectures!
    Which ones did you go to? I liked them both for different reasons. I thought exeter was a lot better organisied but Royal holloway was more informative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by historyhoney)
    Which ones did you go to? I liked them both for different reasons. I thought exeter was a lot better organisied but Royal holloway was more informative.
    Lincoln, UWE, Luton (went to the open day for fun, as I have nothing to do :p: ), and Salford. UWE and Lincoln provided a good open day as everything is organised and the talks were informative. In addition, we had a campus tour around the classes, facilities, and accomodation.

For Salford, it was good, but it's not really an open day, it was a post-application open day for my course and I was the only one there (i.e. a VIP :p: ). I thought there would be more than one person going. It's quite good, as the lecturers talked about my course in detail, followed by two students taking me around the campus, facilities and accomodation. Overall, it was good. Find it quite weird to be the only one though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    Lincoln, UWE, Luton (went to the open day for fun, as I have nothing to do :p: ), and Salford. UWE and Lincoln provided a good open day as everything is organised and the talks were informative. In addition, we had a campus tour around the classes, facilities, and accomodation.

For Salford, it was good, but it's not really an open day, it was a post-application open day for my course and I was the only one there (i.e. a VIP :p: ). I thought there would be more than one person going. It's quite good, as the lecturers talked about my course in detail, followed by two students taking me around the campus, facilities and accomodation. Overall, it was good. Find it quite weird to be the only one though.
    Thats cool! I have oxford next week that my teacher wants me to go on (St. John's) and then York on the 4th July

ReputationRep:
    Thats cool! I have oxford next week that my teacher wants me to go on (St. John's) and then York on the 4th July
    Cool. I hope you enjoy your next open days, and soon decide which 6 uni's you would apply too! In addition, I would look forward reading your blog about your open days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    Cool. I hope you enjoy your next open days, and soon decide which 6 uni's you would apply too! In addition, I would look forward reading your blog about your open days.
    thanks, quick question, do you think it is useful? I've asked it to be put on the studential website which has some, I mean I dont know whether or not it is just long and boring or actually helpful to people,

HH

ReputationRep:
    thanks, quick question, do you think it is useful? I've asked it to be put on the studential website which has some, I mean I dont know whether or not it is just long and boring or actually helpful to people,

HH
    You're welcome.

You should put up for personal statement on studential, so prospective students could have a look at yours to see what should be included in a particular subject you are studying. Make sure you submitted your personal statement to UCAS first before you post it in Studential.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    You're welcome.

You should put up for personal statement on studential, so prospective students could have a look at yours to see what should be included in a particular subject you are studying. Make sure you submitted your personal statement to UCAS first before you post it in Studential.
    cool thanks, I also have pictures I took of the uni's to put up there, I'm trying to do as much as possible becasue these sites are such a help to me, its good to help others

ReputationRep:
    cool thanks, I also have pictures I took of the uni's to put up there, I'm trying to do as much as possible becasue these sites are such a help to me, its good to help others
    You're welcome. Yeah, putting pcitures on the Studential site will help. Taking the pictures of the accomodation would be a good one too. I just hope some uni website put more pictures up about their campuses/buildings and stuff like that.

I bookmarked your blog, as I'm interested in reading your open day stuff. I'm looking forward to reading your next few open days blogs.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.