Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Am now a proud owner of a race for life medal. nearly killed me but i managed to finish. :party:
    Any other members done race for life?

plus when have collected all sponsorship money will have raised about £80

ReputationRep:
    Nope, done a half marathon though.. what distance was it> what time did you do?

congrats.

ReputationRep:
    Was it the 5k one?
    Mine killed me not because of the distance running 5k is no problem, but because I have hayfever and asthma and half of it was run on a freshly cut field. I honestly thought I'd be one of the ones going home in an ambulance.

ReputationRep:
    Longest run ive done is cross country at school :laugh: But well done on running it.

ReputationRep:
    yeh it was just the 5k one but it killed me. Hadn't recently been preparing for it (lot of nights out to celebrate end of term and pizza deliveries) although before the exams we had practiced jogging. Ruthiepooothie ran it with me too (member).

ReputationRep:
    Nothing the bissel liftoft can't handle

ReputationRep:
    ( congratulations :congrats: )

ReputationRep:
    How long did it take you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vicvac)
    Am now a proud owner of a race for life medal. nearly killed me but i managed to finish. :party:
    Any other members done race for life?
    Well done you! I'm doing it on 26th. Did it last year too - its a good day. Congrats again!
    x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    How long did it take you?
    am embarrased to say, how long did it take you?

ReputationRep:
    i havent done a big run, but I shall run the London Marathon next year

In face i might start training soon - good reason to get fit again

ReputationRep:
    This was a while ago but it took me 37 mins which is absolutely bloody shockingly embarrassing stupid hayfever because I can run it well under 30 at the gym

ReputationRep:
    This was a while ago but it took me 37 mins which is absolutely bloody shockingly embarrassing stupid hayfever because I can run it well under 30 at the gym
    well it took me longer

ReputationRep:
    I used to run regularly though when I did it. I used to road run sat and sun and treadmill 3 week nights, it'd be very different if you didn't train.

ReputationRep:
    I used to run regularly though when I did it. I used to road run sat and sun and treadmill 3 week nights, it'd be very different if you didn't train.
    wow thats alot of running, personally i usually hate running. We did it together in 45 mins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    Nothing the bissel liftoft can't handle
    :confused: :confused: :confused: am i thick?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vicvac)
    well it took me longer
    i wouldn;t be embarrassed, most people in this country are overweight and/or get tired after walking up stairs.

ReputationRep:
    I did it for the first time last year and did it this year on my 18th birthday! That was a nice awakening! It took me about 45 minutes both times, but my mum and my sister ran off and left me with an asthma attack the first time!

ReputationRep:
    What is Race for Life? When do the events take place?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.