The Student Room Group

Normal to be bored of Sixth Form/College?

Does anyone else feel a little fed up of Sixth Form or College now? I've been at my school for almost 7 years and known the same people for that ammount of time. I'm so sick of the same friends and same girls that I cant wait for University.

Is that normal or am I just beginning to feel a bit of an outcast, despite still having friends there I keep thinking about it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
I was incredibly fed up and bored in my last year of highschool. They didn't have much left to offer me, I was fed up of the same teaching methods and people and I was just so ready for change! I think it's really natural to be feeling this but try to enjoy this too. Things will change completely when you go to uni and now, oddly enough, I do miss highschool in a weird sort of way. I wouldn't like to go back, of course, but I'm glad for the opportunities and time I had there.

Anyway, my point is that this is normal but don't worry, you'll be at uni soon enough. :smile:
Reply 3
I completely understand... I can't wait to go to uni, meet new people and kind of 'start again'.... even though i love my friends I think it's normal to crave change sometimes
i dont want to build up your expectations but if you cant get friends at college you wont have much luck at uni even though i must admit its far easier and a much better environment for general chatter. Dont do the whole, im going to wait for uni thing because eventually you'll lose alot of social skills over college.
Reply 5
I suppose all the new sixth formers are reaching that point now. It's hilarious when they first start- everyone feels cool and important and above the rest of the school, and being able to wear your own clothes and go down town during school hours is incredibly exciting. Reality soon hits though, and you realise that apart from a few measly privileges, it is pretty much high school but with harder work and more pressure. Yes, it is normal :smile:
Reply 6
yoyo462001
i dont want to build up your expectations but if you cant get friends at college you wont have much luck at uni even though i must admit its far easier and a much better environment for general chatter. Dont do the whole, im going to wait for uni thing because eventually you'll lose alot of social skills over college.

OP isn't saying s/he has no friends, just saying they are bored of going to the same place for almost half their life. Which I think is fair enough.
Reply 7
schoolstudent
social "skills"...what are these skills exactly?

Being able to make convo, make people laugh etc..
Reply 8
Yeah, thank you Rubgish that was what I was saying. I've never had problems making friends but after 7 years I feel like I've finally hit a wall and dont find any new friendships developing. I know most people at the surrounding Sixth Forms in someway or another and it's starting to bore me to death. I was just wondering if others ever felt the same way.

To kinda expand on my post, I was concerned because the year above me who just left for Uni seemed to enjoy their final year alot more than me. Maybe we're all different and it's just time for a change, but I am worried about losing all social skills having not adjusted and changed in so long.
Reply 9

I completely understand what you mean, especially as you say 'you don't see any new friendships developing' because I feel the same way, most of the damn time! ><;

I guess that all you can do is try to expand your horizons and meet new friends elsewhere, hopefully then it'll be a bit easier for you to finish off your time there.
Rubgish
OP isn't saying s/he has no friends, just saying they are bored of going to the same place for almost half their life. Which I think is fair enough.

Lol thats what happens when you skim read posts :p:
Reply 11
why not move to another sixth form ? so far i've changed school more then 5 times :smile:
Reply 12
Yeah i kinda know what you mean i was so fed up of secondary school but now im college i love it.
OP maybe you should change sixth form/college?
Reply 13
ta da
Reply 14
I started my new college last September and because I'm doing the IB and therefore the group I share classes with is so small I already feel like I want something new. I can't WAIT for university - hundreds and thousands of people and opportunities to meet them :smile:
Reply 15
Absolutely natural imo. After all these years, who wouldn't be bored of the same faces? :p:
Hoda--x
Yeah i kinda know what you mean i was so fed up of secondary school but now im college i love it.
OP maybe you should change sixth form/college?

Thats too much effort, unnecessary and a massive inconvience. O.P I feel the same way now and in secondary school *sigh* only 8 months left :biggrin:
Reply 17
I'd never move Sixth Form at this stage as I'm in my final, get on with the teachers and still friendly with people. It's just getting so old and frustrating that I'm feeling like I cant be bothered trying with the same old faces anymore!

It's nice to know I'm secretley not the only one whos losing their mind waiting.
hey i am also ridiculously bored of the monotony of sixth form life. I really need to meet a whole new bunch of people and I can't wait to go to university. Also, there seems to be very little going on in my circle of friends in terms of parties etc which can be a bit dull! xx
Reply 19
I'm so glad I'm not the only one feeling like this! Urgh I can't WAIT to leave. I've only started year 12 and already I can't wait to go!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending