The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Did it work? And did it damage the condition of your hair?
Reply 2
Yes it totally worked. I had (previously) had highlights then the beginning of the summer used Garnier Movida red brown. It was supposed to be semi-permanent but didn't wash out, even after 2 weeks in Zante in and out of the pool and sea! My friend has (naturally) quite blonde hair, and had coloured her hair copper and hated it!

We used the Colour B4 and it really worked well. I bought Extra Strength and my friend got the Regular box. It really stinks and you have to put a bin bag around your shoulders but it got all the colour out, brought my old highlights back (the ends had a bit of a red tinge but thats gone now) but my friends hair was back to her natural colour.

It felt a little dry after using the shampoo they give you, but we both put some conditioner on our hair (we did it at the same time) and it now feels fine - as if it was never coloured! It's the best £10 I spent in ages. My friend had asked a salon (before we found this product) to highlight her hair and they said she'd need a colour correction and said it owuld be £200!!! Its a lot cheaper to use this stuff to remove your hair colour!
Reply 3
Wow! Well, thanks for the tip!
I'm dying my hair red soon, so at least if that doesn't work out I now know how to get rid of it! I hated my hair when I first dyed it brunette and at the hairdressers they said stripping the colour out would be damaging to my hair and expensive. Only a tenner too!
I'm guessing that doesn't apply to bleached hair :rolleyes:
Reply 5
No it can't get bleach out because the hair has been lightened - it can only reverse hair colour. But if you have bleached your hair that's easy to cover up. Just buy a colour that matches your natural shade and it will vanish.
thanks for the info :smile:
Another brand I tried was called ColourID I think, and that was pretty bloody amazing, too, although it stinks!
Reply 8
Amber91
I posted a new thread about this, but it never showed up!! Did anyone see it? I'm new here only created my account today, so maybe I did something wrong?

I was just saying how myself and my friend found this hair colour remover at Boots online called Colour B4 which reverse the dyes on our hair and brought back the colour it was originally!!

http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?storeId=10052&catalogId=11051&langId=-1&pageSize=12&beginIndex=0&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&searchTerm=Colour+B4&x=26&y=7

Does Colour B4 contain any chemicals? Im pregnant so unsure about buying it. :smile:
Reply 9
Amber91
Yes it totally worked. I had (previously) had highlights then the beginning of the summer used Garnier Movida red brown. It was supposed to be semi-permanent but didn't wash out, even after 2 weeks in Zante in and out of the pool and sea! My friend has (naturally) quite blonde hair, and had coloured her hair copper and hated it!

We used the Colour B4 and it really worked well. I bought Extra Strength and my friend got the Regular box. It really stinks and you have to put a bin bag around your shoulders but it got all the colour out, brought my old highlights back (the ends had a bit of a red tinge but thats gone now) but my friends hair was back to her natural colour.

It felt a little dry after using the shampoo they give you, but we both put some conditioner on our hair (we did it at the same time) and it now feels fine - as if it was never coloured! It's the best £10 I spent in ages. My friend had asked a salon (before we found this product) to highlight her hair and they said she'd need a colour correction and said it owuld be £200!!! Its a lot cheaper to use this stuff to remove your hair colour!

Does Colour B4 contain any chemicals? im unsure about buying it as im pregnant :smile:
Hey Jen, I came across this product via this link:

http://www.boots.com/en/Undo-home-hair-colour-mistakes-with-Colour-B4_1015498/?cm_re=content_colurants-_-15092009_07102009-_-C9001&cm_sp=ColourB4_Content-_-15092009_07102009-_-C9001_link1

I found the information very useful :smile: I ordered a box today :biggrin:

I have dyed my hair dark brown/red about 8 times, I will be amazed if it actually removes the dye lol. For anyone else that is curious about if it works or not, I will post my results sometime next week :biggrin:
I couldn't find it in store (though it was a fairly small-ish boots compared to my normal one). I dyed my hair bright red last year, and have been semi-permanant dying it to try and grow it out so I'm dying (heehee) to try this out! I shall have a look in my bigger store, or just end up getting it online. WOO
Reply 12
We bought our boxes online from Boots. It was great you order it and go and collect it from your Boots store, even if its small. The one our boxes went to was just a small Boots chemist near where we live! I'd used a red brown semi and it got mine out! Reakon yours will work like mine did!
Just ordered this online, although I'm definitely not expecting miracles. My hair is naturally light brown, but it has been bleach blonde, dark brown, bright red and is currently black although the red is sneaking through. I've had it black for about 2 months now and hate it, so if this actually takes it out then I will be absolutely ecstatic..
x_x_jen_x_x
Does Colour B4 contain any chemicals? im unsure about buying it as im pregnant :smile:

Almost certainly: they're not going to be getting removing hairdye with water, are they? As to whether or not they're harmful though, your best bet would be to check the box next time you're in Boots :smile:
x_x_jen_x_x
Does Colour B4 contain any chemicals? Im pregnant so unsure about buying it. :smile:

I've got the box in front of me now. Under the 'Safety' section, there's no warnings about using it if you're pregnant. All that the product does is shrink the colour molecules in your hair so that you can wash them out, so I doubt that there's anything dangerous in them. The ingredients don't sound too harsh, either. If you have any doubts then I'd give the manufacturers a call and they'll be able to tell you straight.

Away to go wash this stuff out now! Fingers crossed.
I ordered this product yesterday but it hasn't arrived. I paid for next day delivery as well :frown: I can't wait to use it, really want to get this dark brown out of my hair.

Let us know if it works :smile:
My hair is naturally dark blonde but I used to have two tone hair with half dark and half blonde. Would this stuff work to get rid of the dark part? It has faded quite a bit already...
Did it not work?
Reply 19
Razorbladekisses did you use your colour remover?