Swearing Watch

This discussion is closed.
yo-less
Badges: 1
Report 13 years ago
i swear under my breath but not in conversations.unless i'm REALLY angry and even then,only with a few close friends
Wild Thing
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
thats my girl yo less
yo-less
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by wild thing)
thats my girl yo less
thats partly cos i have a friend who whacks me on the head with a ruler everytime I or any of my friends swear :rolleyes:
gemgeroo
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
swearing whether you swear or not lets face it. is part of todays society those people who are annoyed by it generally find themselves in a situation which is different from there usual one eg, home and school. the reason i say this is because i used to be one of them my family life was totally against any form of swearing however at school it was common vocab.
now i have no problem with it expect c**t
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I swear quite a lot amongst friends, slightly less among family and almost never at work (where arse, pants and muppets tend to replace my instinctive responses).

I'm pretty hard to offend, it tends to be hatred/bile behind comments rather than the words themselves that offend me, at the same time I do try my best to be as PC as possible - I consider it good manners to refer to groups of people by their preferred name rather than a name that has the potential to offend.

There are no age restrictions at all on this site which is why I agree with the swear filter 100% and why it irritates me when people try to avoid the swear filter.
Butterfly
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I swear quite a bit it's really awful and unladylike
I like being sworn at by some people especially males i.e. if it's in a jokey way or as a term of endearment...It makes me laugh.
langleyster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I hate it when people say swear words to make them look "hard" when the are not!
tweetsy85
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have never sworn in my life - I just can't bring myself to say a "bad" word... dunno why! lol. But when I'm angry or frustrated a bunch of swear words might pop into my head, altho they never go beyond the point of leaving my thoughts.

In spite of not swearing myself, I dont mind it when others swear, altho people seem to think I would be offended just because I dont swear and they tend to apologise - which always annoys me! lol

I agree that swearing is not a problem in almost all cases. The only exceptions are when swearing is intended to hurt someone.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (215)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
6.93%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.57%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (259)
47.26%

Watched Threads