Turn on thread page Beta

Personal view of Palestine watch

I read the following report of a recent visit to Palestine by a reporter and his view of what he saw:

"From the aggressive armed checkpoints to the hilltop forts and military spy posts - from the destruction and blockading of rural roads separating farmers from their land to the constant military overflights, it is clear the British and the Israelis have learned many tactics of oppression from each other over the years. (he had also visited Iraq)
    Last weekend's visit was a real eye-opener. It was obvious to me that the aim of the Israelis and those who back them is to make a Palestinian state unviable. Every effort is made to disrupt the lives of the Palestinian people - to prevent them farming - to prevent them bringing goods to market - to prevent them opening businesses - to prevent them from eking out an existence in their own land.
    This trip also brought home to me the reality of the spurious claims that Israel is removing its settlements from Palestine. While they claim to be dismantling some, other settlements continue to expand across the Palestinian territories. The 'Apartheid Wall' continues to be built deep inside Palestinian territory - divinding communities and in places cutting them off from vital natural resources, like water.
    This is about an aggressive, heavily militarised state, breaking international law after international law, brazenly flouting numerous UN resolutions without sanction, trying to break the will of Palestinian people.
    It cannot be allowed to continue unchallenged by the international community."

Any original comments that breathe new life into the eternal debate?

ReputationRep:
    And they ask
    Why Palestinians bomb "israelis"

ReputationRep:
    Exactly

ReputationRep:
    Great impartial reporting from such an unbiased reporter.. An oh! The hero is using his great position of power & years of experience to lobby the ignorant international community to take action!

Surely even the BBC & Al-Jazeera train their own to be a little bit more modest?

ReputationRep:
    Jon - Have you got evidence to show BBC bias in favour of Palestine?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know this but wasn't Orla Guerin questioned at one point about a implicit bias in her reporting.

To be honest, you don't get unbiased reporting on a subject this emotive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachaelmarie)
    I don't know this but wasn't Orla Guerin questioned at one point about a implicit bias in her reporting.

To be honest, you don't get unbiased reporting on a subject this emotive
    When Barbara Plett sheds tears for Arafat(the father of modern terrorism), I believe I have the right to demand for my TV licence fee back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northumbrian)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Google)
    And they ask
    Why Palestinians bomb "israelis"
    because they are fed ludicrous, anger ridden, biased articles like this one? Or is it because they are all jew-haiting maniacs?

(Original post by Vienna)
    When Barbara Plett sheds tears for Arafat(the father of modern terrorism), I believe I have the right to demand for my TV licence fee back.
    That reminds me - what did the results of Arafat's post mortem show - following his mysterious death?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    That reminds me - what did the results of Arafat's post mortem show - following his mysterious death?
    He was an alcoholic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northumbrian)
    I never said they were conspiratively biased, but they do demonstrate a skewed worldview when they can get away with it. They can mostly get away with it in the Israel/Palestine issue, because most viewers are ignorant of the background.

BBC incredibility on matters like this is an accepted norm amongst most of the conservative & Conservative press. Various blogs like BiasedBBC allow individuals to contribute individual cases they've encountered, thinktanks from qualified individuals like BBCWatch have documented cases in entirety, Zionists regard the BBC as a hostile entity for a reason. Even Guardian columnists have picked up on foulness from time to time.

Now and then, the BBC correspondants responsible let it slip, happily admitting who they sympathise with!

ReputationRep:
    because they are fed ludicrous, anger ridden, biased articles like this one? Or is it because they are all jew-haiting maniacs?
    I am palestinian, and I do not hate Jews
    but why you do not believe this report
    why every thing is wrong and bias when talking about Palestinians suffering
    and being attacked specially from you
    Israeli practices are internationaly condemned
    and as I mentioned once before
    many Israelis and international peace activists support Palestinians
    yet, many people like you just close their eyes and minds
    try to be fair

He was an alcoholic?
    Even if he was would that have caused his mysterious chemical illness? A PM was being carried out precisely because the cause of death was mysterious. It was not related to acoholism.

I am curious as to why the results have not been released - I would have thought it was in the public interests particularly as he was confined to a compound and was only supplied food by his jailors prior to needing admission to hospital.

why every thing is wrong and bias when talking about Palestinians suffering
    and being attacked specially from you
    try to be fair
    A valid observation - incidentally the report was not from the BBC or any of it's usual sources, so claiming BBC bias is erroneous.

Let's have some more comments that introduce new elements into the debate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    Even if he was would that have caused his mysterious chemical illness? A PM was being carried out precisely because the cause of death was mysterious. It was not related to acoholism.

I am curious as to why the results have not been released - I would have thought it was in the public interests particularly as he was confined to a compound and was only supplied food by his jailors prior to needing admission to hospital.
    Since the medical report was passed onto his nearest of kin, one must assume that they would prefer to not release this information. I couldnt care less, it was a great day for anyone interested in peace and freedom in the region.

Since the medical report was passed onto his nearest of kin, one must assume that they would prefer to not release this information.
    The fact that the report was not given to the public domain will lead to suspicions that his death was the result of intentional poisoning or somesuch to clear the way for political expedience.

Never mind, history will eventually expose any skullduggery that might have taken place - it's just frustrating in the interim that the truth is not known now.

ReputationRep:
    Palestine is another example of the US and CIA terror.. well u ppl have lived all ur life in peaceful country so u dont know how someone feels when there is war and hunger.. i am not anti Jewesh or anything, but i am anti Israel.. Because Israel is a state of terror, But USA calls Hezbullah a terror group.. Its true, Hezbollah is a terror group and so is the Israelian army, which is supported by the USA.. DOWN with Israel..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    A valid observation - incidentally the report was not from the BBC or any of it's usual sources, so claiming BBC bias is erroneous.
    It would be. However, nobody at any point claimed it was from the BBC. Perhaps you would like to reveal your source, so it could go under scrutiny?

ReputationRep:
    Because it talks about things such as "The 'Apartheid Wall'"

Utter rubbish.

Condemned at an international level. Please dont suggest that its the entire international community.

I support Palestinians who want a Palestinian state and peace with Israel.

try to be fair
    I dont support anyone that uses terrorism against people.
    Why dont you try and be fair.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.