Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    But he didn't agree with your fact; therefore, you're not objective.
    Yes indeed. I make a factual point and suddenly I'm Karl Rove, despite being a democrat... :rolleyes:

Just goes to show ... a fool and his prejudices are rarely parted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    Yes indeed. I make a factual point and suddenly I'm Karl Rove, despite being a democrat... :rolleyes:

Just goes to show ... a fool and his prejudices are rarely parted.
    A fool? Is that how you debate in the US? Wow im impressed. I mean you have a reputation for being obnoxious but this is just unexpected....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdel)
    A fool? Is that how you debate in the US? Wow im impressed. I mean you have a reputation for being obnoxious but this is just unexpected....
    A reputation - Ive never met you before in my life on here - how the hell do you know me?

Anyway ... Im not in the US ...Im not American ... so I really dont know what youre on about ..

Still - would you care to deal with the issue at hand since you have failed to do this ONCE yet - you keep choosing to retort to irrelevant and small points while sidestepping the core of my post:

ie : You chose an inaccurate, and inflated estimate of deaths and passed it off as fact. You chose the biggest number you could find because it supported your conclusions. Sounds a bit like what people accuse Blair of - namely choosing the intellegence to support his pre-conceived conclusions.

The least you could do is be consistent and avoid such approaches yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    A reputation - Ive never met you before in my life on here - how the hell do you know me?

Anyway ... Im not in the US ...Im not American ... so I really dont know what youre on about ..

Still - would you care to deal with the issue at hand since you have failed to do this ONCE yet - you keep choosing to retort to irrelevant and small points while sidestepping the core of my post:

ie : You chose an inaccurate, and inflated estimate of deaths and passed it off as fact. You chose the biggest number you could find because it supported your conclusions. Sounds a bit like what people accuse Blair of - namely choosing the intellegence to support his pre-conceived conclusions.

The least you could do is be consistent and avoid such approaches yourself.

Care to reply to my previous point?

p.s you are not american? you are not in the US? yet you say you are a democrat?

ReputationRep:
    Huh?

Sure - if you:

tell me what it was and

reply to mine.

You realise you actually havent addressed ONE thing I have said yet right - in this post or the other ... Im beginning to think you are avoiding the issue on purpose.

ReputationRep:

p.s you are not american? you are not in the US? yet you say you are a democrat?
    Yes. I lived there once and supported the party. I also helped canvas votes for them.

Since when did you have to be American to support a party?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    Huh?

Sure - if you:

tell me what it was and

reply to mine.

You realise you actually havent addressed ONE thing I have said yet right - in this post or the other ... Im beginning to think you are avoiding the issue on purpose.

Well if you actually LOOKED AND READ my previous reply you will realise that you have yet to provide any shred of evidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    Yes. I lived there once and supported the party. I also helped canvas votes for them.

Since when did you have to be American to support a party?
    So how exactly will their policies benefit you then? I mean how many people in europe do you see saying they support the tories or labour etc...

ReputationRep:
    So how exactly will their policies benefit you then? I mean how many people in europe do you see saying they support the tories or labour etc...
    *cough*

ReputationRep:
    Huh? So the US and who governs it has no effect on anyone outside the US?

Not to mention that my fiance is an American so my children will be too.

Anyway - this is entirely irrelevant to the debate.

I have shown that you are making erroeneous factual assumptions about my nationality and location, when my flag and LOCATION listed on here would tell you ohterwise.

ReputationRep:
    *cough*
    I would suggest to go and see a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    Your previous reply ??

You mean this:

What on earth does that add?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    Your previous reply ??

You mean this:

What on earth does that add?
    My bad I seem to be getting confused with another post...you are everywhere...

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest to go and see a doctor.
    I suggest you start taking more interest in the world outside of Britain. The leaders of other countries have a major effect on Britain. I'd give anything to see Chirac and Schroeder lose their next elections...

ReputationRep:
    I suggest you start taking more interest in the world outside of Britain. The leaders of other countries have a major effect on Britain. I'd give anything to see Chirac and Schroeder lose their next elections...
    Why? So europe becomes even more of an american model? They will lose mainly because people dont like them however the french and the dutch voted against the EU for a variety of reasons one of which was the fact they thought the EU was leaning towards an Anglo-saxon and also american free-market model where work is everything.

p.s im not saying I agree with it.

ReputationRep:
    Why? So europe becomes even more of an american model? They will lose mainly because people dont like them however the french and the dutch voted against the EU for a variety of reasons one of which was the fact they thought the EU was leaning towards an Anglo-saxon and also american free-market model where work is everything.

Where work is everything?

Hmmm ... Take a look at the French and German economies ... ask yourself if they are working well with double digit unemployment.

Would I like to see freer markets? Damn right I would - would I like to see less regulation - you better believe it.

ReputationRep:

Firstly, it's CDU/CSU is pro-American, while Schroeder's SPD is anti-American; all the main French parties are anti-American, but Chirac seems to enjoy opposing us more than most of his predecessors. Secondly, new leaders might be able jumpstart the European economy, thereby allowing us to increase exports and prevent the economic balance of power from shifting to Asia. Plus I have to admit that I hate the two weasels on a personal level. Their willingness to use America as a scapegoat for their own inadequcies was the main reason they got reelected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    Where work is everything?

Hmmm ... Take a look at the French and German economies ... ask yourself if they are working well with double digit unemployment.

Would I like to see freer markets? Damn right I would - would I like to see less regulation - you better believe it.
    Sunshine you still fail to read the post properly..I was commenting on the french and dutch perceptions. The fact that I stated that 'It dosnt mean I agree with it' should have given such an indication.

ReputationRep:
    Sunshine you still fail to read the post properly..I was commenting on the french and dutch perceptions. The fact that I stated that 'It dosnt mean I agree with it' should have given such an indication.
    And I simply gave my point of view on the issue. What;s your point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    And I simply gave my point of view on the issue. What;s your point?
    My point is very clear and by saying what's your point and not acknowledging that you might have read it wrong (god forbid) shows how prepared to listen you are.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.