Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The pictures of George Bush and Cheney on that site are ridiculous. Typical 'Zionist conspiracy' stuff. You can clearly see there's another flag next to the Israeli flag, so it must've been at a UN meeting or something. And what's wrong with Cheney wearing a yarmulke out of respect at a Jewish ceremony? Leaders do that sort of thing at any cultural ceremony.

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/articlesmossad

(Original post by thebucketwoman)
    The pictures of George Bush and Cheney on that site are ridiculous. Typical 'Zionist conspiracy' stuff. You can clearly see there's another flag next to the Israeli flag, so it must've been at a UN meeting or something. And what's wrong with Cheney wearing a yarmulke out of respect at a Jewish ceremony? Leaders do that sort of thing at any cultural ceremony.

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/articlesmossad
    Have you had a look at the video taken by Israeli reporters showing IDF killing a mother of 5 children? The film was shelved, considered too controversial to be aired anywhere, but an Israeli TV station showed it after some considerable time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    Have you had a look at the video taken by Israeli reporters showing IDF killing a mother of 5 children? The film was shelved, considered too controversial to be aired anywhere, but an Israeli TV station showed it after some considerable time.
    I'd rather not, thank you. I'm not trying to say that all the criticisms of Israel on that site are false, I agree with some of them.
    My point is that site is obviously trying to exaggerate the situation as much as possible, and is typical of the pro-Palestinian 'Jewish conspiracy' lobby, who refuse to have any sympathy for Israelis and wont condemn anything that Palestinians do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    feel free to post a source to the file...

I'd rather not, thank you. I'm not trying to say that all the criticisms of Israel on that site are false, I agree with some of them.
    My point is that site is obviously trying to exaggerate the situation as much as possible, and is typical of the pro-Palestinian 'Jewish conspiracy' lobby, who refuse to have any sympathy for Israelis and wont condemn anything that Palestinians do.
    But can't you see that the same thing happens vice versa? The fact that there is video footage of the event shows that it has happened - no? At least it is encouraging that the citizens of a country that has an army who is prepared to do this, has the sense of justice to bring it out into the open and condemn it.

ReputationRep:
    Clearly the 'original' arguments have come to an end and we're back to linking uncontextual photos and video clips of IDF 'atrocities'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    But can't you see that the same thing happens vice versa? The fact that there is video footage of the event shows that it has happened - no? At least it is encouraging that the citizens of a country that has an army who is prepared to do this, has the sense of justice to bring it out into the open and condemn it.
    I agree with you, I would say the exact opposite if you showed me a copy of the hideous 'London Jewish News'.

Neither that, nor the website you linked to, are of any help in seeing a true picture of the situation.

(Original post by technik)
    feel free to post a source to the file...
    Perhaps you have just 'jumped' into this thread at my post that you are responding to.
    If you go back to post #335 you will see the link I provided and can see the video for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vienna)
    Clearly the 'original' arguments have come to an end and we're back to linking uncontextual photos and video clips of IDF 'atrocities'.
    killing a mother of 5 is not an atrocity in your book? Weird...

As always happens, the original post which started the thread has suffered from evolvement of the thread - you being one of the main instigators of the evolving process!

Have a look at the video clip yourself and listen to the IDF soldiers saying why they murdered the mother.

Of course, you could say the CNN have fabricated the whole thing - I won't hold my breath.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    killing a mother of 5 is not an atrocity in your book? Weird...
    If the mother of 5 was about to kill 5 children, no. There is no benefit to the thread, to the argument or to the Palestinian cause by throwing random photos and videos without any accompanying context. I or anyone else who believes that Israel has a right to defend itself, dont feel the need to show the devastation and murder of a suicide bomb, as we feel comfortable enough with our arguments. These links have destroyed any debate and certainly the credibility of those posting them.

I agree with you, I would say the exact opposite if you showed me a copy of the hideous 'London Jewish News'.

Neither that, nor the website you linked to, are of any help in seeing a true picture of the situation.
    What prompted me to search was Vienna's assertion that the IDF always given a strong warning to any occupants when they are about to bulldoze a building - that reminds me, I am still waiting for her sources that informed her of this assertion.

I would welcome any visual evidence you can provide that supports any outrages such as this link shows, from the Palestinians.

If the mother of 5 was about to kill 5 children, no. There is no benefit to the thread, to the argument or to the Palestinian cause by throwing random photos and videos without any accompanying context.
    Was the mother about to kill her five children? :confused: I didn't see or hear that on the video clip. There is context accompanying the video - or have you not bothered to have a look before dismissing it outright? It was filmed by an Israeli team remember, not a Palestinian team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    Perhaps you have just 'jumped' into this thread at my post that you are responding to.
    If you go back to post #335 you will see the link I provided and can see the video for yourself.
    i was expecting to see something interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)

I would welcome any visual evidence you can provide that supports any outrages such as this link shows from the Palestinians.
    We've all seen the aftermath of unwarned suicide attacks.

ReputationRep:
    When Northumbrian refers to a 'targetted suicide bomber' he means exactly what it says,
    Actually, Vienna got the correct inerpretation, but you highlight another important point. Vienna, so what about militants who attack a checkpoint and kill some settlers in the fire? Or is it the case you simply can't recognise resistance?

(Original post by technik)
    i was expecting to see something interesting.
    Your powers of observation are obviously not the strongest then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    Your powers of observation are obviously not the strongest then!
    clearly theres something i missed.

perhaps you could explain whats so interesting about that video

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    As always happens, the original post which started the thread has suffered from evolvement of the thread - you being one of the main instigators of the evolving process!

Have a look at the video clip yourself and listen to the IDF soldiers saying why they murdered the mother.

Of course, you could say the CNN have fabricated the whole thing - I won't hold my breath.
    was it not CBC...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    What prompted me to search was Vienna's assertion that the IDF always given a strong warning to any occupants when they are about to bulldoze a building - that reminds me, I am still waiting for her sources that informed her of this assertion.
    Ive chosen a source that seems to be impartial and that has been sourced before on TSR..

http://www.time.com/time/2002/jenin/story.html

"In the camp, the explosive charges were even more densely packed, and tunnels had been dug between houses so that Palestinian fighters could move around without exposing themselves on the street. Many noncombatants had fled; Israeli intelligence believes half the camp's residents had left before the troops arrived, and that by the third day of the battle 90% of the residents were gone"

"Israeli officials insist that they gave clear warning before entering any house. Masarweh heard an Israeli intelligence officer bellowing in Arabic through a megaphone from the street outside. "People in the house," the Israeli said, "get out. We don't want you to be hurt." The officer waited: "People, get out. People in the house, we are going to come in." Palestinians say Israelis frequently used camp residents to knock on doors to persuade people to come out into the street. Israeli army sources confirmed to Time that they used this practice, which Human Rights Watch condemned in its report as a violation of international humanitarian law.

Masarweh eventually persuaded the women to step outside, waving white sheets. The men followed. They were ordered to strip and were then taken in armored personnel carriers to a camp, before being transferred to a jail inside Israel. On April 6, after three days of detention, Masarweh was bused back to the Jenin area. "Don't go back in the camp," the Israelis told him. He didn't need the advice; by then, the battle had become far too intense. "

How any comparison can be drawn between this and a suicide bomber detonating themselves in a busy café or on a bus, is beyond belief.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.