Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yes but the media hardly show any of the deaths - all the main news channels and newspapers owned by israeli jews ... so dont b fooled by media

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asadtamimi)
    look i am just started on this thread so dunno bout previous posts but how can anyone deny that palestine was for the palestinians until 1948 wen Britain established the state of Israel. Therefore by establishing that state then - then the palestinians were there before and the british felt it convenient after saving the jews from hitler to place them in a country which has religious importance for the Jews. So originally it was palestinian land - only to be bullied out of it by Israeli's. And now britian want to do a quick peace thing to cover up for their mistake by placing jews in palestine and so palestinians wont b happy with that cos they had the whole land now - and now Palestine is hardly known to anyone - just Israel
    There was no palestine in 1948 - it was part of the Turkish empire prior to WW2.

(Original post by Lawz-)
    There is a difference between suicide attacks - such as kamakazies

and suicide attacks targetting civilians

Terrorism and suicide bombing are not necessarily the same thing.
    Military historians don't make that distinction - that distinction is made by people depending on who they see as the oppressor and the opressed.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but the media hardly show any of the deaths - all the main news channels and newspapers owned by israeli jews ... so dont b fooled by media
    This was in reply to what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    You assumed, and you were completely wrong.

Though if you dont care where I am from you DO care enough to bring it up.

it doesnt, but since my FLAG is not American, the only way I could be is if I lived there. As Im in Oxford - I clearly dont. Together they make it clear Im not in the US or from the US ... fairly clear if you cared to look.

Regardless - as you dont care about this as you claim, Im not going to go on an on about this irrelevant matter. I kindly ask then that you STOP bringing up my location or university.

You realise that you never actually make any points of substance right? You simply insult ... very very impressive.

Says someone who has called me a fool a child an idiot and just now a moron..Do you even listen to yourself?

ReputationRep:
    well basically how did palestine originate then - they were before the israelis after the defeat of the ottaman empire

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    Military historians don't make that distinction - that distinction is made by people depending on who they see as the oppressor and the opressed.
    Can you make WAR on a civilian population? Sure ... so can terrorism be warfare? Sure... I dont really see what that adds though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    Did I say he did? I simply pointed out that fact as a proviso to the debate.

Honestly - why bother posting if you have nothing to say?
    Why bother quoting and posting if you are not debating his point in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    so xan we go back to the point of the thread - lawz who do u believe palestine truly belongs to and wot r ur reasons - cos all of ur threads seem to be against muslims

ReputationRep:
    well basically how did palestine originate then - they were before the israelis after the defeat of the ottaman empire
    Palestine was a province of the Ottoman empire. They had no country of their own - and many many jews already lived there. It wasnt the case that Jews came in and bullied them out, whereas before they had had their own country with only Arabs living there.

ReputationRep:
    look i am just started on this thread so dunno bout previous posts but how can anyone deny that palestine was for the palestinians until 1948 wen Britain established the state of Israel.
    I usually take a historic look at the demographics of the region myself.

Therefore by establishing that state then - then the palestinians were there before and the british felt it convenient after saving the jews from hitler to place them in a country which has religious importance for the Jews. So originally it was palestinian land
    No it wasnt their land, they were "occupied" successively before by the Ottomans, Jordan, Egypt and Britain. Jewish settlers were the majority on the same land when the State of Israel was created.
    - only to be bullied out of it by Israeli's.
    Anyone that stayed on Israeli soil was offered Israeli citizenship. Those who left, did so of their own doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdel)
    Why bother quoting and posting if you are not debating his point in the first place.
    :rolleyes:

Im just oging to ignore you till you say something of subtance on the topic at hand. Im guessing it could be a long wait.

ReputationRep:
    yes but the british played a big part in setting up Israel and even many british people agree that - they rall yfor palestine - and if the people who created israel even admit it then surely its the truth

ReputationRep:
    Says someone who has called me a fool a child an idiot and just now a moron..Do you even listen to yourself?
    I insult you because you insult me... however I ALSO give points of substance on the issue at hand - ALL you do is insult. You must be under 18 I take it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vienna)
    I usually take a historic look at the demographics of the region myself.

No it wasnt their land, they were "occupied" successively before by the Ottomans, Jordan, Egypt and Britain. Jewish settlers were the majority on the same land when the State of Israel was created.

Anyone that stayed on Israeli soil was offered Israeli citizenship. Those who left, did so of their own doing.
    There are plenty of countries that have been occupied by the ottoman empire and also by the roman empire. Did this fact make them less worthy of the land they lived in? No it didnt so how does the fact that another country had invaded them discredit their claim to the land?

ReputationRep:
    yes but the british played a big part in setting up Israel and even many british people agree that - they rall yfor palestine - and if the people who created israel even admit it then surely its the truth
    The British played a part? Yes. Indeed. So?

ReputationRep:
    lol 4get bout arguing with each other and go thru the point of the thread - i am learning sumthing here from lawz which i didnt know previously

ReputationRep:
    I examine as much of accepted history as I can and then make a decision based on political conviction. I suggest you do the same before you start contributing to an evolved discussion on the matter and most certainly when you make very suggestive comments in regard to the integrity of one of its principle contributors.

ReputationRep:
    There are plenty of countries that have been occupied by the ottoman empire and also by the roman empire. Did this fact make them less worthy of the land they lived in? No it didnt so how does the fact that another country had invaded them discredit their claim to the land?
    Because they didnt loose their land when Israel was founded - they simply swapped Turkish rulers (non-democratic ones) for Israeli ones - and were offered the ability to vote and take part in the society. The settlements where they DID lose land came later.

The fact is - the Palestinian state or idea of it would never have come about if it wasnt for Britian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    I insult you because you insult me... however I ALSO give points of substance on the issue at hand - ALL you do is insult. You must be under 18 I take it?
    Here we go again, what a reply....I insult you because you insult me? It appears you have some form of memory loss but even if you were right, which is not the case, it demonstrates that if you are not mature enough not to respond to the alleged insults.

So in essence you instulted me if i remember correctly by calling me a fool and then proceed to lie about it and call me a child...hilarious.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.