Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    wot i am saying is that the reason for delayed peace is cos the Palestinians have lost out because of this establishment of israel and the US supply Isreal with guns etc - so palestinians resort to extreme actions - or else their other option is to fight with rocks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdel)
    There are plenty of countries that have been occupied by the ottoman empire and also by the roman empire. Did this fact make them less worthy of the land they lived in? No it didnt so how does the fact that another country had invaded them discredit their claim to the land?
    They had a claim to the land, they created the State of Israel accordingly.

ReputationRep:
    Here we go again, what a reply....I insult you because you insult me? It appears you have some form of memory loss but even if you were right, which is not the case, it demonstrates that if you are not mature enough not to respond to the alleged insults.

So in essence you instulted me if i remember correctly by calling me a fool and then proceed to lie about it and call me a child...hilarious.
    Since when is the test of being an adult not insulting people who patronise and insult you?

Anyway ... this is getting tiring ... if you care to make points of substance Ill be happy to debate them

ReputationRep:
    Yea but how can u say palestine was only there cos of Britain

(Original post by Lawz-)
    3 million dead in Congo since 1998.

Compare that to Palestine.

I think on any metric more suffering has gone on in the former.
    Reducing suffering to numerical considerations is anathema to me. And as you said formerly on a different point, adds nothing to the debate.

ReputationRep:
    it seems arrogant to suggest the idea of palestine was created from the British

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    Because they didnt loose their land when Israel was founded - they simply swapped Turkish rulers (non-democratic ones) for Israeli ones - and were offered the ability to vote and take part in the society. The settlements where they DID lose land came later.

The fact is - the Palestinian state or idea of it would never have come about if it wasnt for Britian
    So you do support the fact that the israelis do occupy palestinian land...?

ReputationRep:
    yea u cant compare lwaz - go see the deaths with ur own eyes like me who have seen the suffering and treatment in palestine - shame they dont put any of it on tv.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asadtamimi)
    wot i am saying is that the reason for delayed peace is cos the Palestinians have lost out because of this establishment of israel and the US supply Isreal with guns etc - so palestinians resort to extreme actions - or else their other option is to fight with rocks
    What do they want, a nation of their own?

ReputationRep:
    well seeing as it was theirs ... yea - israelis arent complaining mind - free land i suppose!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    Reducing suffering to numerical considerations is anathema to me. And as you said formerly on a different point, adds nothing to the debate.
    His debating principles apply only to others, not to him. Strange to say the least..

ReputationRep:
    Yea but how can u say palestine was only there cos of Britain
    Because without the victory in WW2 - most likely - the Turkish would still rule it.

ReputationRep:
    So you do support the fact that the israelis do occupy palestinian land...?
    You mean the occupied territories ? No I do not. I condemn it utterly.

ReputationRep:
    its like if britain gets occupied by scandinavia they can say "oh we had some anglo saxons living here" and then they wud be saying "what do u want a nation of ur own" just cos some jews live there it doesnt mean anything- only reason things havent improved is cos bush and blair seem t obe allied with israelis cos they have people in high places

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    Since when is the test of being an adult not insulting people who patronise and insult you?

Anyway ... this is getting tiring ... if you care to make points of substance Ill be happy to debate them
    Yes indeed like your replies of insults that do contain many points of substance...

ReputationRep:
    yea u cant compare lwaz - go see the deaths with ur own eyes like me who have seen the suffering and treatment in palestine - shame they dont put any of it on tv.....
    Why cant I compare thousands of dead to MILLIONS?

The fact is there are places in the world where people are:

a) In greater poverty

b) Dying in greater numbers

c) Riddled with greater disease

d) Opressed to a greater extent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    Because without the victory in WW2 - most likely - the Turkish would still rule it.
    thats true i guess - so wot do u believe shud b done - palestine to continue to be occupied? the Israelis have gained jerusalem wot do they want more - they aint eve ginving us the gaza strip

ReputationRep:
    its like if britain gets occupied by scandinavia they can say "oh we had some anglo saxons living here" and then they wud be saying "what do u want a nation of ur own" just cos some jews live there it doesnt mean anything- only reason things havent improved is cos bush and blair seem t obe allied with israelis cos they have people in high places
    So because Jews legally acquired that land, lived on it, worked on it and then declared a nation for themselves. They cant have it because "oh we had some Arabs living here"?

ReputationRep:
    well tell ur great country to sort it out - they r happily to invade saddam for oil yet they dont get rid of that zimbabwian leader do they - maybe cos he doesnt have any oil....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    WHy does it add nothing? My point was that (it was I agree a side point) I was curious why Northumbrian chose Palestine as something most worthy of his empathy and attention rather than a situation or conflict that causes more death. I see the numerical comparison as highly relevant.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.