Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vienna)
    So you have no problem with the State of Israel and the right of Israel to exist?

When you enter into military conflict, you accept that your national interest is jeopardised. Israel acquired that land, which was not actually an independent state, from the jurisdiction of Jordan and Egypt who had declared war on Israel. Yes, it would be preferable for Israel to acknowledge its 1967 borders, which in most parts it does, but Id be very interested to see on what basis settlements beyond those declared in 1948 are illegal.
    I have no problem with the right of any civilisation to exist. What I dont like its the way it has been done. There are plenty of ethnic minorities with no land (kurds) yet we do not see the americans worrying about them or the international community hurrying to provide a state for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asadtamimi)
    ok Palestine shudnt b the most important issue but it is an important one - people like vienna tried to hide the fact that its important and believe there is nothing wrong with the occupying
    I give you points for noting the first point.

However- I dont think Vienna is in favour per se of the occupation of Palestinian land in Gaza etc... I could be wrong .. but I dont think so... ill let her clear that up

ReputationRep:
    well thats stupid cos if the N. Korea's army is potentially stronger then that shud pose a bigger threat to the US and require more urgent matter
    Not really - its about risk reward... If N Korea has nukes then invasion could mean the deaths of millions... thats exactly why so many countries want them - so that they can ignore international pressure and will never be invaded.

ReputationRep:
    well no to tell u the truth i dont think the state of israel shud exist but it does and nothing we can do bout it however, its bloody unfair the land that palestine have - and its not fair - oh by the way dont try and bring anything legal and illegal seeing as the US invaded iraq andthats an illegal war so i am sure Israel dont care
    So you dont think that Israel should exist despite being recognised by the UN?

Why was the war illegal again?

ReputationRep:
    then why do N/korea have these weapons - they r surely planning sumthing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    Not really - its about risk reward... If N Korea has nukes then invasion could mean the deaths of millions... thats exactly why so many countries want them - so that they can ignore international pressure and will never be invaded.
    But Iraq had nukes too....according to Bush and Blair (which was the main justification they invaded)...of course that is until everyone realised there was no WMD's in Iraq and people were lied to.

ReputationRep:
    well no like i said i dont but thats my opinion however it does and the its unfair - i am sorry but apart from israelis which wud b biased u cant say that wot Palestinians have got is fair?

ReputationRep:
    i belive alexdel has provided the answer ot wehy its illegal

ReputationRep:
    then why do N/korea have these weapons - they r surely planning sumthing
    WHo knows what they are planning.

However I am less worried about them having the bomb than say Iran.

The North Koreans want self-preservation... However some Islamic thinkers want to destory the west, and Israel. A nuke as an offensive weapon is far more worrying than a nuke as a defensive one.

ReputationRep:
    true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdel)
    But Iraq had nukes too....according to Bush and Blair (which was the main justification they invaded)...of course that is until everyone realised there was no WMD's in Iraq and people were lied to.
    1) They NEVER said they had nukes .. NEVER EVER EVER

2) WMDs include many things aside from Nuclear weapons

3) Lied? Evidence for this please?

ReputationRep:
    well seeing as blair was about to resign - shows he too knew he had lied then managed to recover himself

ReputationRep:
    well no like i said i dont but thats my opinion however it does and the its unfair - i am sorry but apart from israelis which wud b biased u cant say that wot Palestinians have got is fair?
    If you could quote what you are replying to - as otherwise its a bit confusing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)

2) North Korea isnt being invaded because:

a) They probably have nuclear weapons
    b) They have China's support
    c) They have a far larger and better equiped army than Iraq

Probably right there, its a very sad humanitarian situation there and its gonna be extremely hard to do anything. They actually have concentration camps full of North Korean citizens, complete with gas chambers.

Some articles here:
    http://www.wiesenthal.com/site/apps/...3162&ct=285897

http://monthly.chosun.com/html/20000...6130003_1.html

ReputationRep:
    So lawz why did iraq invade if it wasnt for WMD (whic hthey didnt find and even congress admitted that)!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    WHo knows what they are planning.

However I am less worried about them having the bomb than say Iran.

The North Koreans want self-preservation... However some Islamic thinkers want to destory the west, and Israel. A nuke as an offensive weapon is far more worrying than a nuke as a defensive one.
    Where do you get this notion that all islamic countries want to destroy the west? Nice assumption yet again. Israel has nuclear capabilities mainly for energy so why cant Iran have the same? Because you dont like them? Hardly a justification..

ReputationRep:
    well seeing as blair was about to resign - shows he too knew he had lied then managed to recover himself
    I dont think so at all...

1) Who said he was about to resign

2) He didnt resign

3) Even if he HAD that doesnt mean he would have lied.

ReputationRep:
    lol alexdel US have WMD yet of course its alrite for them t o have them because they r the "good guys" lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdel)
    Where do you get this notion that all islamic countries want to destroy the west? Nice assumption yet again. Israel has nuclear capabilities mainly for energy so why cant Iran have the same? Because you dont like them? Hardly a justification..
    Did I say Islamic countries?

How about the fact that Iran Chants "death death to America" at prayers?

How about the fact that a nuke in the hands of an Islamic government is mor elikely to fall into the hands of Islamic terrorists than one in the hands of North Korea.

If Iran only want power - why do the VAST majority of commentators say they are aiming for more... why are they enriching plutonium? Why do they need nuclear power?

ReputationRep:
    lol alexdel US have WMD yet of course its alrite for them t o have them because they r the "good guys" lol
    In comparison, they certainly are.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.