Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valerio)
    I think it is ridiculous that the international community hasn't resolved this yet. I would like to see countries to immeadeatly start reconizing Palestine as a formal independent country with the borders of the Palestanian settlement, and as for hte borders set by UN to remain disputed.
    "No one should be part of an country they don't want to be."

Precisely, which is why you dont declare borders for other people!

Whatsmore, the PA doesnt recognise the 1967 borders, it believes Israel should withdraw to those prior to 1948.

This type of action will put pressure on Isreal to talk constructivly and both sides to be calmer.
    This kind of attitude is the problem, who is the only nation that talked over withdrawal, the offer of a Palestinian state, the two state solution, a road map, ending terrorism?

How will terrorism by ended by giving them a clear legal basis to attack Israel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northumbrian)
    I think you'll find it's the other way round. Aren't there Jews in the Lebanese and Iranian parliaments for starters?
    Are there? Do you have a web link? I'm just surprised.

ReputationRep:
    The Qana massacre in Lebanon. Also when they killed an Islamic militant by bombing a whole street.
    Are either of those indiscriminate? The former occured in a battle conflict where Hezbollah used a UN compound as cover.

So how come many still have the legal deeds to the land they owned?
    Souvenirs? Very few non-Israelis are likely to hold legal rights to land within Israel.

Iran has never declared war on Israel.
    True, I was trying to stress the point that it has and does face unquestionable threats.

ReputationRep:
    Iran has never declared war on Israel.

?
    But all those other countries have, and Iran funds terrorism in Israel so is at war in a way. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...5/ixworld.html

You could understand how this could cause Israel to feel a bit insecure, which leads to its heavy handedness in dealing with Palestine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vienna)
    By what means would you prefer to destroy Israel?
    You dont believe in the existence of a Jewish homeland, but (surprise surprise) you arent anti-Jewish or "anything"?
    I'm jewish, but I don't think the existence of a Jewish homeland is vital. I would rather that there were no religious states in the world, not a Jewish one, nor so many Islamic ones. Any truely religious state leads to discrimination and does not promote inter-faith/racial cohesion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Google)
    and if you mean suicide bombing

I condemn this in most cases

Most?? Please tell me you condemn it all...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebucketwoman)
    I'm jewish, but I don't think the existence of a Jewish homeland is vital. I would rather that there were no religious states in the world, not a Jewish one, nor so many Islamic ones. Any truely religious state leads to discrimination and does not promote inter-faith/racial cohesion.
    This may be a good argument prior to the declaration of Israel, but it is what it is.

ReputationRep:

Seeing as im a little under the weather, perhaps you could amuse me by explaining how Israel is a terror regime?
    What took place at the Jenin refugee camp could be perceived as terrorism. I found this article quite a balanced an objective report. As I have always said on any Israel-Palestine issue, neither side can be fully supported as the unfortunate 'victim'.

http://www.time.com/time/2002/jenin/story.html

ReputationRep:
    This may be a good argument prior to the declaration of Israel, but it is what it is.
    Yep, which is why I support its existence now, but would like to see some more compromise from both sides.

ReputationRep:
    People - there is a BIG difference between talking about Jews and talking about israelies - just wanna point out the obvious. Please dont confuse religion with politics thank you (which I'm sure you guys havent but I could imagine that at some point some idi0t probably will)

ReputationRep:
    What took place at the Jenin refugee camp could be perceived as terrorism.
    Heavy handed, regrettable possibly. Terrorism?

ReputationRep:
    Heavy handed, regrettable possibly. Terrorism?
    Terrorism's a weird word. According to these definitions it includes state-conducted military action:

http://www.globalterrorism101.com/UTDefinition.html

But I suppose I would usually associate terrorism with vigilante violence.

ReputationRep:
    Terrorism's a weird word. According to these definitions it includes state-conducted military action:

http://www.globalterrorism101.com/UTDefinition.html

But I suppose I would usually associate terrorism with vigilante violence.
    War crimes can be further defined as the intentional planning, targeting, and conducting of attacks upon civilian or military personnel (while not in the performance of their duties or during peacetime) with the intent to kill, maim, wound, injure or create a state of fear, panic and terror in the general population.

I dont see how we can apply this definition to that of the Jenin battle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    Every effort is made to disrupt the lives of the Palestinian people
    Yes of course. Totally true. Israelis have nothing better to do than make the Palestinian people suffer. Of course, they actually TRY and spend all their time making their lives a misery, DUH! It's not like they have better things to do; like protect their own country from bombs and missiles so yep they resort to making people suffer.

Give me a break :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm sick of seeing this biased rubbish posted on these forums. Your one-sided views taken from people's so-called personal experiences seem to trigger hatred. Yes hatred, you know that word? That's what causes this whole conflict.

If you really want peace in the Middle East, perhaps you'd have the decency to stop critisising Israel but rather express your sorrow of this conflict of how its painful for BOTH ISRAELIS AND PALESTINIANS and hope for a solution in the near future. How do you expect peace to come about when your continuous threads against Israel are posted, with more and more people agreeing each time? For peace, there must be no hatred. When there's critisism against a country I'm afraid it causes hatred! I refuse to argue with you and everyone else anymore cos to be honest, I've given up. I'm out numbered, and if you refuse to believe that yes, Israelis want peace and yes are doing their best in this situation, then there is not much point in convincing you because all you believe is your "evidence" from anti-Israel people. At the end of the day, I've been there, I've met hundreds of Israelis and Israeli soldiers and I know their constant yearning for peace with their Palestinian neighbours. Believe it or not, that's the truth. No matter what has happened in the past, it's the future that is the concern. The future of the two nations. It's no use arguing about Israel, it really isn't. It's just causing more unnecessary hatred.

Now when I press the send button no doubt I will be plagued with a load of arguments, oh wahoo, but forget it, I have exams. I've said what I have to say.

If you want peace, you will stop this. Please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)

If you really want peace in the Middle East, perhaps you'd have the decency to stop critisising Israel but rather express your sorrow of this conflict of how its painful for BOTH ISRAELIS AND PALESTINIANS and hope for a solution in the near future. .
    I support that 100%, peace will never be achieved while people are taking sides.

ReputationRep:
    I support that 100%, peace will never be achieved while people are taking sides.
    I agree totally as well.

ReputationRep:
    Has there ever been a conflict where people haven't taken sides?

ReputationRep:
    Im not taking the side of anyone that advocates the use of terrorism against innocent people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    Has there ever been a conflict where people haven't taken sides?
    I meant with this specific one, too many people seem to think there is a clear cut simple answer, but there isn't.

I'm proud to take sides on many other conflicts, however.

ReputationRep:
    I meant with this specific one, too many people seem to think there is a clear cut simple answer, but there isn't.

I'm proud to take sides on many other conflicts, however.
    there is. you'd just find it abhorrent... :rolleyes:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.