This discussion is closed.
Peetm
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
If someone's planning doing a PGCE, does anyone know what holiday period one follows - it is the
university's (that you're studying at) or the school you'll be sitting in at etc?

Thanks

peetm
Lynne
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
On Wed, 17 Jul 2002 09:20:13 +0000 (UTC), [email protected] (peetm) wrote:

[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>If someone's planning doing a PGCE, does anyone know what holiday period one follows - it is the[/q1]
[q1]>university's (that you're studying at) or the school you'll be sitting in at etc?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>Thanks[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>peetm[/q1]

Both (!) I've just finished my PGCE - 1st half term was a reading week, Christmas holidays as
normal, first and second block placements accommodate school half terms (you'll need them for
all that lesson planning) and Easter holidays were as normal to accommodate college placement.
Simple really

Cheers

Lynne
Jo L
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
"peetm" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> If someone's planning doing a PGCE, does anyone know what holiday period one follows - it is the[/q1]
[q1]> university's (that you're studying at) or the school you'll be sitting in at etc?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Thanks[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> peetm[/q1]

A special one according to the Faculty of Education at the uni, i.e. you will prob get school
holidays, e.g. xmas and easter but no half-terms.

Jo
Rob Gray
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
In article <qtgajugdu8fgi1rmo522bgs44sk8342 [email protected]>, Lynne <[email protected]> wrote:
[q1]>On Wed, 17 Jul 2002 09:20:13 +0000 (UTC), [email protected] (peetm) wrote:[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q2]>>[/q2]
[q2]>>If someone's planning doing a PGCE, does anyone know what holiday period one follows - it is the[/q2]
[q2]>>university's (that you're studying at) or the school you'll be sitting in at etc?[/q2]
[q2]>>[/q2]
[q2]>>Thanks[/q2]
[q2]>>[/q2]
[q2]>>peetm[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>Both (!) I've just finished my PGCE - 1st half term was a reading week, Christmas holidays as[/q1]
[q1]>normal, first and second block placements accommodate school half terms (you'll need them for all[/q1]
[q1]>that lesson planning) and Easter holidays were as normal to accommodate college placement. Simple[/q1]
[q1]>really [/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>Cheers[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>Lynne[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]

I'm just about to start my PGCE this Sept and our holidays fit in with the Uni's. During school half
terms we are at the University 9-5, though we do get longer holidays at Christmas and Easter than
you would at school.

Rob.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (177)
46.34%
Take exams next summer (56)
14.66%
Change uni choice through clearing (90)
23.56%
Apply to uni next year instead (41)
10.73%
I'm not applying to university (18)
4.71%

Watched Threads