Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    'Wednesday May 25th was "Africa Day" at the BBC, an opportunity to use their formidable brainwashing power to persuade UK listeners that sub-Saharan Africa isn't the basket case we all suspect'

this is a quote from BNP website and shows the blatant disrespect they have for other cultures - africa may certainly not be rich - but it is vibrant in many ways

i know we have freedom of speech - but they just dont have any manners !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smee123)
    'Wednesday May 25th was "Africa Day" at the BBC, an opportunity to use their formidable brainwashing power to persuade UK listeners that sub-Saharan Africa isn't the basket case we all suspect'

this is a quote from BNP website and shows the blatant disrespect they have for other cultures - africa may certainly not be rich - but it is vibrant in many ways

i know we have freedom of speech - but they just dont have any manners !
    Agreed. It's an all too vibrant basket-case.

You know we have freedom of speech? Shutup then!

ReputationRep:
    Why is that such a bad thing?
    Have I completely missed something?

No, I'm not a BNP supporter before anyone asks!

ReputationRep:
    They are probably trying to imply without spelling it out, thats theres not a problem in Africa and its not our problem so why should we be holding all these concerts and giving them money etc etc...well what else do you expect from the BNP website?

ReputationRep:
    what has that quote got anything to do with africa being rich? there just saying they thik they are basket case's a little uncalled for yeah, but people insult america all the time. people insult britain all the time... and a hell of alot of people insult france all the time.. with worse insults than were all basket cases.

worse things are said on websites every day, and alot of the websites have more support than the bnp.

i found the adverts to be a little bit dodgey for the africa thing on the bbc "Africa LIVES on the BBC.." i couldn't help thinking that africa lived in africa....

ReputationRep:
    Africa is a blackhole, doesn't matter how much money we poor in it'll have no effect. Anyway, here's a radical idea: why don't we leave other countries to sort out their own problems?! Shock horror. It's hardly like Africa poses any sort of threat to us economically or military wise.

Brown just wants a Legacy, Geldof thinks he's some sort of demi-god and I think Africa is a prime example of a predominantly black country yet again not being able to run itself economically, socially, justly or morally. The only part with any significant numbers of whites is South Africa and there is no doubt that it is doing the best of all African countries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyukguy)
    Africa is a blackhole, doesn't matter how much money we poor in it'll have no effect. Anyway, here's a radical idea: why don't we leave other countries to sort out their own problems?! Shock horror. It's hardly like Africa poses any sort of threat to us economically or military wise.

Brown just wants a Legacy, Geldof thinks he's some sort of demi-god and I think Africa is a prime example of a predominantly black country yet again not being able to run itself economically, socially, justly or morally. The only part with any significant numbers of whites is South Africa and there is no doubt that it is doing the best of all African countries.
    Well see, here's the thing. Africa was doing fine before Britain and other European nations decided it would be better if they took over. They had viable systems of government, perfectly capable economies, rich culture etc. etc. Then Europe came in and tried to bleed it dry by manipulating these countries based on European needs rather than those of the majority of the people who lived in them. Then after WW2, the Marshall Plan demanded a swift exit from Africa by the European powers, as a result of which power was handed over often before it should have been and a lot of problems ensued. Basically a lot of the problems in Africa exist because of Britain and the rest of Europe and so they have a duty to try and do something about it.

ReputationRep:
    Well, time for a sanity check. Here's news. Africa IS a basket case.

ReputationRep:
    BNP are idiots, so are their supporters. There are quite a lot of chavs at my school,supporing BNP. Gosh, they are idiots.lol.They dont have any sense or knowledge about current affairs and only blame all non-whites.Idiots!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyukguy)

and now south africa is beginning to go backwards. funny that.

ReputationRep:
    The only part with any significant numbers of whites is South Africa and there is no doubt that it is doing the best of all African countries.
    But last time I checked, most of the government were black? Interesting.

ReputationRep:
    6 times the amount of money it took to rebuild europe after WW2 has been sent to africa, but it ends up in the hands of stupid politicians like mandela who prefers to spend it on things like airports rather than food, racist dictators like mugabe and that ****ing king who uses it to buy BMWs for his 10 wives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachaelmarie)
    The only thing interesting about it is how far SA has slid economically since the blacks took power.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachaelmarie)
    and for most of the 20th century it was ruled by whites. despite sanctions and international isolation it was still decades ahead of most of the continent.

by 2015 it'll be in the same shape as zimbabwe, ruined by inept leaders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    since the blacks took power.
    I hear that Zyklon B is effective in situations such as these.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebucketwoman)
    what...zyklon gas halts economic decline? amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    what...zyklon gas halts economic decline? amazing
    I'm sure you're intelligent enough to detect my irony.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebucketwoman)
    I don't think stupid comments like that are very helpful. I stated a fact; no need to allude to death camps in your response.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC01)
    that ****ing king who uses it to buy BMWs for his 10 wives.
    King of Swaiziland (sp), one of the poorest countries in the world and i read he recently held a bday party costing £1 million + bought each of his wives a BMW, while the rest of country live in poverty. Along with corruption like this, trade rules to the benefit of western countries and colonialism where LDC's were made to concentrate on resources that developed countries wanted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    They are probably trying to imply without spelling it out, thats theres not a problem in Africa and its not our problem so why should we be holding all these concerts and giving them money etc etc...well what else do you expect from the BNP website?
    They're probably the ones who've been sending Bono rude and offensive letters saying stuff like "F*** the foreigners" and "help you own kind!"
    Why do they exist? Isn't it morally wrong that they exist?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 18, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.