Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by material breach)
    What a bad analogy.
    Yes. I agree.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its kinda hard to donate it when its being plundered off you isn't it. Think about how many slaves went to America and how much profit that generated for British merchants.
    is there anything you arent blaming the "western world" for?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its kinda hard to donate it when its being plundered off you isn't it. Think about how many slaves went to America and how much profit that generated for British merchants.
    Plundered? Of what exactly?
    Slavery from Africa to America? That ended almost 200 years ago didn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Theres too much talk about the BNP. Its not like theyll ever get in power. Well they might if we all went mad and voted for them.

Once i saw this old woman on the tele who was a BNP supporter. She was soo funny. Sayin stuff like 'their not racist'. He He

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    wearing british flag boxers means you cant read or write?

have you been using illegal substances in the last few hours?
    No, I respect the laws of this country. I will just say that I simply cannot see why you are full of so much apathy. Why don't you care? ARE YOU NOT HUMAN???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    I disagree. I was going to buy some venetian blinds for my house the other day (because mine are worn) but as I was leaving for Home Depot to my horror I noticed that my neigbors didn't have any venetian blinds at all.

So, instead of improving the look of my own windows I bought a complete set for my neigbors house and installed them for free.

What could be more natural than that? :rolleyes:
    LOL. And you will get your reward in the hereafter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Basilisk)
    No, I respect the laws of this country. I will just say that I simply cannot see why you are full of so much apathy. Why don't you care? ARE YOU NOT HUMAN???
    How can one be "full of apathy"? Surely "half full of apathy" would make more sense.

However, to answer you're question I'm full of apathy and suffering from compassion fatigue because this isn't my first rodeo; I suffered this bollox 20 years ago during Bob's first crusade.

ReputationRep:
    im trying to work out why you used the word illiterate.

do you even know what it means?

me full of apathy? bullshoit. im more than eager to try my best to get good qualifications and a good job to provide for myself and my family and to be a useful member of society here. thats what i care about.

am i not human? i can assure you that i am.

ReputationRep:
    is there anything you arent blaming the "western world" for?
    Did I blame anyone in that sentance? No I said it happened and hence Britain had recieved off Africa things equivalent to resources or loans.

ReputationRep:
    do something useful then, go and work for the day and pay some tax into the coffers for this nation. dont be a prick causing a racket in edinburgh. no doubt it'll piss off countless drivers. also, just think of the pollution you'll cause travelling there...

at any rate, whats standing in the middle of edinburgh (no doubt getting your balls frozen off in some rain storm) going to do to make a difference to anything?
    Awareness for the G8. I was only joking though, I dont care about Edinburgh. But I'll spill my guts out to save Africa - I am one - they are many. They shouldn't die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Plundered? Of what exactly?
    Slavery from Africa to America? That ended almost 200 years ago didn't it?
    Yeah Britain did well out of it as any other nation in the same position at that time would have done.

ReputationRep:
    Did I blame anyone in that sentance? No I said it happened and hence Britain had recieved off Africa things equivalent to resources or loans.
    what sort of things?

ReputationRep:
    Imagine if Ireland had severe economic problems, and an Ethiopian singer and celebrity tried to organise benefit concerts for Ireland. Wouldn't that appear a touch condescending?

ReputationRep:
    what sort of things?
    money for slaves

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Britain did well out of it as any other nation in the same position at that time would have done.
    And so what?

ReputationRep:
    Awareness for the G8. I was only joking though, I dont care about Edinburgh. But I'll spill my guts out to save Africa - I am one - they are many. They shouldn't die.
    will you "spill your guts" out for the UK?

if not, i know south african airways fly out of heathrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyukguy)
    He's given you a fantastic life, and he's chosen to give Africans a bad one. Don't you think you'll upset him by trying to change the path he has already chosen for these Africans?

Religion is such a joke!!

Andrew
    Look forget about God! Why don't you care? Arrgghhh!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FarnhamBoy)
    Imagine if Ireland had severe economic problems, and an Ethiopian singer and celebrity tried to organise benefit concerts for Ireland. Wouldn't that appear a touch condescending?
    Quite a funny thought though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flipflop2)
    Theres too much talk about the BNP. Its not like theyll ever get in power. Well they might if we all went mad and voted for them.

Once i saw this old woman on the tele who was a BNP supporter. She was soo funny. Sayin stuff like 'their not racist'. He He
    lol!

ReputationRep:
    money for slaves
    them italians did well out of slavery in roman times too. or is that too far in the past?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 18, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.