Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    And so what?
    Now that we value things differently and are aware of problems in Africa should he not donate money to help save lives?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Basilisk)
    Look forget about God! Why don't you care? Arrgghhh!!!!
    Because I believe 110% in survival of the fittest.

Andrew

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by material breach)
    Now that we value things differently and are aware of problems in Africa should he not donate money to help save lives?
    you'd think people would have realised africa is a lost cause.

its also curious to consider how much of that money gets filtered off to fund wars and corrupt governments. a real benefit im sure you'll agree.

infact, im beginning to see the error of my ways. i should really be donating all my money to africa... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flipflop2)
    Theres too much talk about the BNP. Its not like theyll ever get in power. Well they might if we all went mad and voted for them.

Once i saw this old woman on the tele who was a BNP supporter. She was soo funny. Sayin stuff like 'their not racist'. He He
    You may be right, but dont dismiss the BNP to early. Fine we have very little/no power right now but you really need to look at our election results from 1997-2005.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    them italians did well out of slavery in roman times too. or is that too far in the past?
    Point conceded I take it. You asked what has Africa ever done for Britain and I've shown you in one incidence that it helped very nicely make Britain the richest nation in the world in the 19th century. This isnt the only advantage we got from having Africa in our empire and Africa has given more than the equivalent loans and aid we give it now to us.

ReputationRep:
    you'd think people would have realised africa is a lost cause.

its also curious to consider how much of that money gets filtered off to fund wars and corrupt governments. a real benefit im sure you'll agree.

infact, im beginning to see the error of my ways. i should really be donating all my money to africa... :rolleyes:
    No one asked you to give all your money, just a little. Some is better than none which is what you seem to be suggesting you give at the moment.

And you are happy for millions to die then needlessly simply because they were born in the wrong place? In which case you do make me sick.

ReputationRep:
    im trying to work out why you used the word illiterate.

do you even know what it means?

me full of apathy? bullshoit. im more than eager to try my best to get good qualifications and a good job to provide for myself and my family and to be a useful member of society here. thats what i care about.

am i not human? i can assure you that i am.
    No. You seem closer to animality. Illiterate- ineducated, untaught.
    Only an ineducated person (or a selfish person) would be so ignorant as to turn the other cheek. It's horrible. It's everyone's concern.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyukguy)
    Because I believe 110% in survival of the fittest.

Andrew
    So you would get rid of hosptials then? Hospitals prevent people who are weak for dying, and hence prevent inferior genes from leaving the gene pool, slowing down evolution and by defintion going against the survival of the fittest.

ReputationRep:
    Point conceded I take it. You asked what has Africa ever done for Britain and I've shown you in one incidence that it helped very nicely make Britain the richest nation in the world in the 19th century. This isnt the only advantage we got from having Africa in our empire and Africa has given more than the equivalent loans and aid we give it now to us.
    i didnt.

i said " cant remember the last time any african country donated cash or resources to the UK though..."

ReputationRep:
    will you "spill your guts" out for the UK?

if not, i know south african airways fly out of heathrow.
    No but I still care. I care about the UK. You are the one who is missing something. You do not care about Africa. Evil.

ReputationRep:
    No one asked you to give all your money, just a little. Some is better than none which is what you seem to be suggesting you give at the moment.

And you are happy for millions to die then needlessly simply because they were born in the wrong place? In which case you do make me sick.
    /heres a sick bag.

i just think money would be better spent here, than in some random african country. i think you'll be able to see the logic.

ReputationRep:
    So you would get rid of hosptials then? Hospitals prevent people who are weak for dying, and hence prevent inferior genes from leaving the gene pool, slowing down evolution and by defintion going against the survival of the fittest.
    Err no, but nice try. People who are weak/dying in hospital don't tend to reproduce do they. They either die, or get better.

Andrew

ReputationRep:
    i didnt.

i said " cant remember the last time any african country donated cash or resources to the UK though..."
    And you accept that Africa has been one of the reasons the empire was so rich and that based on this empire Britain was able to be such a strong power in the 20th century. If so then I am pleased.

ReputationRep:
    No. You seem closer to animality. Illiterate- ineducated, untaught.
    Only an ineducated person (or a selfish person) would be so ignorant as to turn the other cheek. It's horrible. It's everyone's concern.
    on the contrary, i can read and write to a very decent standard.

that'll be Uneducated.

im not turning the other cheek. for the entire thread ive been saying we should be helping to improve our country.

ReputationRep:
    Going 2 Bed. Hate this forum. Racist BNP *****. Self Obsessed C**ts.

ReputationRep:
    And you accept that Africa has been one of the reasons the empire was so rich and that based on this empire Britain was able to be such a strong power in the 20th century. If so then I am pleased.
    indeed. im sure you'll also know africa benefited a lot from the empires of many european countries including britain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyukguy)
    Err no, but nice try. People who are weak/dying in hospital don't tend to reproduce do they. They either die, or get better.

Andrew
    They get better due to medicine, dont know whether you've ever heard of this but its a chemical based solution to certain diseases and allows people who wouldnt normally survive to survive. They often bread also before they go into hospital allowing many genetically transfered diseases to surivive. Its good to know that you would kill all the people with sickle cell anemia or stop them for breading. So humane.

ReputationRep:
    Going 2 Bed. Hate this forum. Racist BNP *****. Self Obsessed C**ts.
    Why go to bed? You wont be able to sleep... all those africans dying while you sleep there in your goosedown bed how selfish of you :mad:

Andrew

ReputationRep:
    indeed. im sure you'll also know africa benefited a lot from the empires of many european countries including britain.
    And who do you think did better off out of this relationship? The master or the slave?

ReputationRep:
    And who do you think did better off out of this relationship? The master or the slave?
    a very complex question. you said earlier, i believe, that africa gave us much back as they are now currently receiving. is it a draw in your eyes?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 18, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.