Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by material breach)
    They get better due to medicine, dont know whether you've ever heard of this but its a chemical based solution to certain diseases and allows people who wouldnt normally survive to survive. They often bread also before they go into hospital allowing many genetically transfered diseases to surivive. Its good to know that you would kill all the people with sickle cell anemia or stop them for breading. So humane.
    I don't mind if healthy people, that get sick, get treated and get well again. How could I object to that? Lets not get into this, it's a whole other thread (feel free to start it if you want).

It's in the interest of the human race that the strongest survive.

Andrew

ReputationRep:
    For all the people that like to make white people feel guilty about the slave trade(indeed we are reminded during black history mounth every year) just remember that black people made white people slaves before we did it to them. For more information on this please buy this book http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...e&s=books&st=*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC01)
    For all the people that like to make white people feel guilty about the slave trade(indeed we are reminded during black history mounth every year) just remember that black people made white people slaves before we did it to them. For more information on this please buy this book http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...e&s=books&st=*
    Who said anything about gulit? :confused: Why would I feel gulity about something that happened 200 years ago, had nothing to do with me, somethign I have no influence over and is now non-existant.

ReputationRep:
    Who said anything about gulit? :confused: Why would I feel gulity about something that happened 200 years ago, had nothing to do with me, somethign I have no influence over and is now non-existant.
    Well I didnt mean you personally but the PC brigade always have a "lets remember the slaves" but never ever ever talk about the white slaves.

ReputationRep:
    Not that I'm jumping into the debate, but interestingly, the word "Slave" is decended from the name of the Slavic ethnic group - the eastern Europeans. They were enslaved and transported all over the place by the Islamic empires.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    on the contrary, i can read and write to a very decent standard.

that'll be Uneducated.

im not turning the other cheek. for the entire thread ive been saying we should be helping to improve our country.
    How much money is wasted in the BBC? Loads. Blue peter need a new studio- wait- there's another African dead. The money isn't spent well here either and yes, help britain - but what about Africa? Help them too for they are dying NOW.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    indeed. im sure you'll also know africa benefited a lot from the empires of many european countries including britain.
    Oh yeah. They really took pleasure out of the whites, storming into their country and ruining their culture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyukguy)
    Why go to bed? You wont be able to sleep... all those africans dying while you sleep there in your goosedown bed how selfish of you :mad:

Andrew
    No I couldn't sleep very well. I'm really surprized that all these adults are completely gormless. It sickens me and make me feel alienated - that's if the majority of Britain think as you do... which I seriously doubt. I am selfish, to turn away from reality as I do at times. Reality is not going to the pub to wash away your sorrows or have a pint with you mates. Reality is horrible. Poverty. Oppression. Greed. There are many things that help you turn away from reality, including the media (soaps, movies, etc.) and shopping (many people feel obliged to buy expensive things they do not need). But I did have homework, so I was tired enough to fall instantly to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Basilisk)
    No I couldn't sleep very well. I'm really surprized that all these adults are completely gormless. It sickens me and make me feel alienated - that's if the majority of Britain think as you do... which I seriously doubt. I am selfish, to turn away from reality as I do at times. Reality is not going to the pub to wash away your sorrows or have a pint with you mates. Reality is horrible. Poverty. Oppression. Greed. There are many things that help you turn away from reality, including the media (soaps, movies, etc.) and shopping (many people feel obliged to buy expensive things they do not need). But I did have homework, so I was tired enough to fall instantly to sleep.
    So what you're ultimately saying is you're never going to be able to enjoy life, because somewhere in some remote corner of the world someone will be suffering?

Andrew

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC01)
    Well I didnt mean you personally but the PC brigade always have a "lets remember the slaves" but never ever ever talk about the white slaves.
    So? That's because the white slaves were not the topic at that precise moment - or people are not aware of oppressed whites in Zimbabwe. Same with the twin towers. We had a minute silence for the dead. What about the ones in Isreal and Palestine?

ReputationRep:
    We had a minute silence for the dead. What about the ones in Isreal and Palestine?
    We'd have no time in the day to talk would we?

Andrew

ReputationRep:
    So what you're ultimately saying is you're never going to be able to enjoy life, because somewhere in some remote corner of the world someone will be suffering?

Andrew
    where on the political specturm do you place yourself out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    where on the political specturm do you place yourself out of interest?
    Here you go: http://thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost...0&postcount=39

Andrew

ReputationRep:
    How much money is wasted in the BBC? Loads. Blue peter need a new studio- wait- there's another African dead. The money isn't spent well here either and yes, help britain - but what about Africa? Help them too for they are dying NOW.
    Yes because they keep wasting the money we send them, we managed to rebuild europe after WW2 with a 6th of the money we have sent them, its not our fault that their politicians are rubbish.

ReputationRep:

Andrew
    No, I can enjoy myself - but doesn't it affect you? Suffering? If you experienced malnutrition and dehydration and no proper roof over your head, you would be asking for the British aid workers. They are born into povery and it is not their fault. When I grow up, I'm going to adopt five african kids and they are going to go to medical school - totally smashing the BNP's ambition to preserve western supremacy. Asian mother, black kids - cool! I am fine, I can sleep and be happy - whilst caring. At least I KNOW and aknowledge povery. You make it seem as there is nothing to worry about and that everything's fine.

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask how old you are? It'll help me form my answer to your above post.

Andrew

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC01)
    Yes because they keep wasting the money we send them, we managed to rebuild europe after WW2 with a 6th of the money we have sent them, its not our fault that their politicians are rubbish.
    surely if half the money gets thro and manages to save a a few million lives that is better than none getting throu because we didnt send any?

ReputationRep:
    We'd have no time in the day to talk would we?

Andrew
    No, exactly. The point I was trying to make was that we cannot aknowledge every historical tradjedy at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    surely if half the money gets thro and manages to save a a few million lives that is better than none getting throu because we didnt send any?
    No. They need to sort themselves out and stop relying on the West to send them money. What incentive do they have to pull themselves out of the mess they're in if we keep sending them aid? If anything it was in their interest not to sort themselves out, otherwise the massive debts they'd built up wouldn't have been written off recently.

Andrew

ReputationRep:
    No. They need to sort themselves out and stop relying on the West to send them money. What incentive do they have to pull themselves out of the mess they're in if we keep sending them aid? If anything it was in their interest not to sort themselves out, otherwise the massive debts they'd built up wouldn't have been written off recently.

Andrew
    Prehaps you would like to tell me what they have got to do "to sort themselves out"? and quite how they are meant to do it with no internation support?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 18, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.