Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how did people find it?
    i thought it was ok, but there were some really hard questions like the kinetic and gravitational potential one, i hated that one, and in chemestry did u put b was sedimentary or metamorphic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bottomness)
    how did people find it?
    i thought it was ok, but there were some really hard questions like the kinetic and gravitational potential one, i hated that one, and in chemestry did u put b was sedimentary or metamorphic?
    I thought biology was quite easy, physics was really easy, but chemistry was hard....and that's normally my best subject Don't think i'm gonna get that A*. I think i put metamorphic for b.....

ReputationRep:
    Hey i thought it was pretty easy, much easier than the single science exam. Arghhh maybe thats because i actually revised for this one!! erm for the rock one i put B was metamorphic, which i'm pretty sure was right. What did u get for the Table in Chemistry, that we had to fill in? One of the things we had to fill in was an isotope of Cl but i didnt know how to write a symbol to show that it was an isotope!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~the_one~)
    Hey i thought it was pretty easy, much easier than the single science exam. Arghhh maybe thats because i actually revised for this one!! erm for the rock one i put B was metamorphic, which i'm pretty sure was right. What did u get for the Table in Chemistry, that we had to fill in? One of the things we had to fill in was an isotope of Cl but i didnt know how to write a symbol to show that it was an isotope!?
    I just put Cl cos i figured that if they were asking about ions the fact it was an isotope would be irrelevant anyway cos there's no effect on the charge of the ion.....

ReputationRep:
    yer, i just put Cl for that, how did u explain the whole kinetic energy and gravitational energy one, i got really stuck on that one...i just put that kinetic involved movement and the other was the potential it had to move, i actually just made it up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bottomness)
    yer, i just put Cl for that, how did u explain the whole kinetic energy and gravitational energy one, i got really stuck on that one...i just put that kinetic involved movement and the other was the potential it had to move, i actually just made it up
    Yeah, i basically put that kinetic energy is the energy that a moving object has whereas GPE is the energy that any object suspended or raised above the ground has. Think u'll be ok with that one...do u know what the grade boundaries are overall?????

ReputationRep:
    nope, but they change every year depending on the paper, what we have been told is that the get the top 10% or so and from that they have the cut off point of a* and the same for a b etc

ReputationRep:
    it was an isotope of chlorine, if you added the protons and neutrons together it was 37, so it was Cl 37.

ReputationRep:
    was the equation thing on the first page of the chemistry:
    C + O2 = CO2
    is this right or does C travel in pairs like oxygen does?

ReputationRep:
    That's right

ReputationRep:
    Heya! Im new (first post, very exciting, but anyway)...

Did anyone else get Fe(3)O(4) for that last Chem question?

ReputationRep:
    hi, i did this yesterday

yeah i got Fe(3)O(4) for the last chem

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.