Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    did anyone do Foundation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mullabc.02)
    for the 8.33% question, would they still accept 1/12
    I hope they do because i kept it as 1/12...they should do because it just said proportion...and 1/12 is a proportion

ReputationRep:
    proportion can be in ratios like 1:12 or percentage, not sure about fractions.

ReputationRep:
    i put the ratio in my working if that counts.
    i put it into a fraction in the answer place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mullabc.02)
    for the 8.33% question, would they still accept 1/12
    I put 1/12. They should accept it coz they didn't say if they wanted it in a percentage, a ratio, etc...

ReputationRep:
    did everyone else find the last couple of questions on energy sources and CO2 from cars and the sea difficult?
    oh, and that life on mars question I thought was difficult

ReputationRep:
    yeh i mean scientists dont even know for sure about life on mars yet..how are a bunch of 16 yr olds supposed to know :confused: :wtf:
    i had NO clue about the car and sean and CO2 one or the black hole or..wel..most of it :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyGrace)
    yeh i mean scientists dont even know for sure about life on mars yet..how are a bunch of 16 yr olds supposed to know :confused: :wtf:
    i had NO clue about the car and sean and CO2 one or the black hole or..wel..most of it :p:
    It didnt mater what ur answer was for that, as long as u supported ur opinion with evidence, don't worry!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I found that paper ok.....it was harder than the first one, the first one was nicer. there was some wierd questions tho, esp the batch production one, i have no idea on that one hahhahahaha - i totally put some rubbish down for that one.

i agree that there were a lot of big questions for 4/5/6 marks this year - quite wierd, but im better at those ones lolol

and right at the end when u have to compare wind power with hydroelectic did it say something about not mentioning the cost. cos i didnt read that lolololol ah well hahahah no more science!!!!

For the blue syndrome question i just said that the governemnt should put a restriction on the amount of fertislier used cos after so much fertiliser the yeild produced goes done. for the farmers i just said use less but plant some legumous plants every crop cycle or so, cos it has nodules full of nitrifying stuff in it and that will provide the nitrates in the soil.

(sorry bout spelling) and good luck for everyone with exams!!!

Rudy! (business and economics tomoz FUN!)

ReputationRep:
    also what happens to catalysts at the end of a reaction?? and why are different ones needed for haber process and fertilisers? and where u had to fill the gaps.. i put galaxy and solar system but i wasn't too sure.. anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by londongirl)
    also what happens to catalysts at the end of a reaction?? and why are different ones needed for haber process and fertilisers? and where u had to fill the gaps.. i put galaxy and solar system but i wasn't too sure.. anyone else?
    I put...

Catalysts stay unchancged. They aren't used up etc...

Different ones were needed for different temperatures

The first one I put galaxy and the second one I put Universe.

ReputationRep:
    For what happens to catalyst at the end, I put 'nothing because they are no involved in the reaction'. I'm not sure if that's right.

For why two different catalyst I guessed and said, because there were two different reactions taking place they have different activation energy.

What did everyone else put?

ReputationRep:
    i put for catalysts that they can be re-used.. hope that counts.

ReputationRep:
    i said that the different catalyts are because one is used to make nitric acid and one for the Haber process (and exothermic reactions) i think that the catalysts are either used up, or recycled i put recycled but i think its wrong lol thats with the gases i think.

i put galaxy and universe for that gap questions. btw, did that graph that you had to plot was it a diode???

ReputationRep:
    yeh i got diode

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RudyKatoch)
    i said that the different catalyts are because one is used to make nitric acid and one for the Haber process (and exothermic reactions) i think that the catalysts are either used up, or recycled i put recycled but i think its wrong lol thats with the gases i think.

i put galaxy and universe for that gap questions. btw, did that graph that you had to plot was it a diode???
    Yes it was a diode.

I think I was too vague on my answers. I din't put any of this exo/endothermic bollox and activation energy in, will I get marked down?

ReputationRep:
    I found this paper easier than the first one.

I didnt like the question about litres with hydrogen.. i knew how to do them but it asked it in a weird way..for the first bit i put 1/24 and the second bit 7. something.

I put 1/12 too for the proportion one, i dont see why they shouldnt accept that.

Kinetic energy, yep 1050 here too.

The catalyst was a bit of a weird question and so was the batch one, I put that the enzyme should jus be put in an inert solid support like alginate beads. What about everyone else?

I liked the long questions, especially eutrophication, i smiled when i saw that. I didnt like the blue baby syndrome one though and the life on mars was okish. I would say that was a pretty fair paper tho, makes up for the first one being harder

No more science to study now, nor maths! Wooo! Relief.

ReputationRep:
    there was a question about the energy of activation, but i cant remember what i put. i put a diode too.

ReputationRep:
    i dont think u'll get marked down, but u'll certainly get marks for your answer if you show some level of knowledge about that question.

I totally agree with gemgems89 WOO HOO!!!!!! no more science or maths - it's such a relief!

woah i wouldnt have thort about that answer for the batch production thingy hehehe must have been away lol

btw, did u notice you had to rearrange equations this year, compared to other past papers. it was ok, but still before you only had to substitute lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dancing4God)
    So how did it go for everyone?

I found most of it easy but couldn't remember all the formulas.
    it was ok i guess couldnt remember one question so i totally left it out...it was about ammonium nitrate.....hadnt a clue lol!!!!! xoxo

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.