Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I thought it was much harder than paper 1, screwed up the kinetic energy question, some parts were easier though. Still if everyone found it hard the boundaries will be lower...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    The catalyst was a bit of a weird question and so was the batch one, I put that the enzyme should jus be put in an inert solid support like alginate beads. What about everyone else?
    Oh noes! I put that the waste product would be carbon dioxide, so that the carbon could be converted into carbohydrase :confused: (in some way, lol). Something along those lines. Well, it sounded clever at the time! Yours makes more sense though.

ReputationRep:
    I put they could be trapped in alginate beds or plastic beads.

ReputationRep:
    How many marks was that question worth??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizze)
    How many marks was that question worth??
    I think about 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blur303)
    I think about 3
    ****!!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizze)
    ****!!! :mad:
    Dont worry, seems like i'm the only one who find it easier than the first one, the boundaries will probaly be low.

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry, seems like i'm the only one who find it easier than the first one, the boundaries will probaly be low.
    I hope so; I need those A grades!

ReputationRep:
    No way, much harder than the first. The first paper had no real tough questions apart from the effect of body temperatures on the skin I thought. This one had quite a few toughies, although there were a few longer questions which i quite liked. The kinetic energy 1 had loads of marks for what it was, though i did manage to screw it up. On the whole though not impossible but harder definitely.

ReputationRep:
    These boundaries better be low.

I'm so annoyed. I was predicted A*A*.

We did the 2004a few weeks ago. I got 2 comfortable A*s without any revision. My cwk was A* and my modules added up to A*.

The first paper was ok but this paper it seems I've really ****ed up. I think I've only got about half marks tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oilcan)

We did the 2004a few weeks ago. I got 2 comfortable A*s without any revision. My cwk was A* and my modules added up to A*.

The first paper was ok but this paper it seems I've really ****ed up. I think I've only got about half marks tbh.

Which questions did you struggle with?

ReputationRep:
    No way, much harder than the first. The first paper had no real tough questions apart from the effect of body temperatures on the skin I thought. This one had quite a few toughies, although there were a few longer questions which i quite liked. The kinetic energy 1 had loads of marks for what it was, though i did manage to screw it up. On the whole though not impossible but harder definitely.
    I dunno why I found paper 1 harder. I was just stressed and the subjects I revised least came up and the ones I did loads didn't. I was scared of running out of time too. But nah this paper was definately easier, in my opinion. I was also surprised it didnt ask us a big question on the carbon and nitrogen cycle, just simply filling the words in.

On the forces bit, about the sun being one of millions of stars in our ____ ,i must have crossed it out so many times, I think in the end I chose galaxy and universe. The only really bad one was the one with the voltage on the screen, what did you guys put for that? I put the magnet was inserted into the coil of wire and a voltage was induced, and then came out the other end to reverse the voltage... :confused:

ReputationRep:

Even half marks are an A/B. The boundaries are always low and if you all found it so hard it will be a lot lower. Plus, its only natural to expect the worse. You've probaly done better than you think.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno why I found paper 1 harder. I was just stressed and the subjects I revised least came up and the ones I did loads didn't. I was scared of running out of time too. But nah this paper was definately easier, in my opinion. I was also surprised it didnt ask us a big question on the carbon and nitrogen cycle, just simply filling the words in.

On the forces bit, about the sun being one of millions of stars in our ____ ,i must have crossed it out so many times, I think in the end I chose galaxy and universe. The only really bad one was the one with the voltage on the screen, what did you guys put for that? I put the magnet was inserted into the coil of wire and a voltage was induced, and then came out the other end to reverse the voltage... :confused:
    I put the magnet was moved through the coil to induce a magnetic field which produces a current. I said it could be made stronger by adding turns to the coil or by using a bigger magnet, forgot to mention negatives though,

ReputationRep:
    I put the magnet was moved through the coil to induce a magnetic field which produces a current. I said it could be made stronger by adding turns to the coil or by using a bigger magnet, forgot to mention negatives though,
    Oh yeh I also put the magnet 'cuts through' the magnetic field to induce a voltage. I didnt think putting more turns on the coil etc was necessary in this question though, unfortunately. I really wanted to mention it lol.

ReputationRep:
    Which questions did you struggle with?
    I iddn't struggle. I answered everything. It's just judging by what people have put here, it wasn't correct.

Other examples:

*I said nitrogen compounds instead of ammonium compounds.
    *I got completely the wrong end of the stick about the question to do with enzymes
    *I missed out the mass questions for hydrogen chloride, even though I know how to do it! Mental block
    *The last question put crap about how solar panels are needed in space so it's cheaper for space craft or somethign along those lines.
    *I put "resistor" instead of "variable resistor"
    *The fertilizer question I only put 1 point.
    *The Eutrophication question, I only idd baout 3 things.
    *The question about what does the fact that we have the same material as planets suggest.
    *The question about the voltage thing and electromagnetic induction I screwed up.
    *I screwed up the one about activation enrgy.

LOL. They're the only ones I can think of now, but like I said I think I must have only got about half marks.

ReputationRep:
    *The last question put crap about how solar panels are needed in space so it's cheaper for space craft or somethign along those lines.
    Do you remember what the question was?? I put something about them being in sunny areas because that's where they'll get the most fuel... :confused:
    woopsie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizze)
    Do you remember what the question was?? I put something about them being in sunny areas because that's where they'll get the most fuel... :confused:
    woopsie
    Not quite sure but something like Where is it more beneficial to use solar panels than hydroelectricity or something?

ReputationRep:
    Not quite sure but something like Where is it more beneficial to use solar panels than hydroelectricity or something?
    It was the very last question, where would it be most beneficial to use solar panels as opposed to any other forms of power. I put on the top of spanish hotels, we did something like that in lesson,

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeh I also put the magnet 'cuts through' the magnetic field to induce a voltage. I didnt think putting more turns on the coil etc was necessary in this question though, unfortunately. I really wanted to mention it lol.
    Wasnt it just a case of saying that the higher the voltage in the coiled wire, the bigger the magnetic field so on and so on? which should come up on the pc screen.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  3. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.