Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucasharrison)
    what did everyone put for the volume of hydrogren chloride gas produced ( 1 mark question )? I put 48 litres seing as the Mr of a gas occupies 24 litres and there were 2 molecules
    I put that as well but I don't know if it is right. I just tried to use the information they gave me in the question but I don't know if I used it correctly.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know the grade boundaries for the module tests for our exams?
    I got 232 out of 300.
    is that good enough for an A?
    also does anyone know if they use your module grade (eg. A,B) or your mark (like 200 out 300) to get your final grade for science?
    thankyou

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the acceleration on the velocity time graph?

ReputationRep:
    it was 10m/s2
    you had to use metres per second squared to get the full marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mullabc.02)
    i'm not really proud of that! just answering someones question
    there much more difficult questions than that
    Yeah thats what I got, just read a few people put 5 m/s2, just checking. I wouldn't say that the exam was easy but it wasnt really hard either, just a medium paper that I'd personally expected after what could only be described as a "piece of cake" first paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    I wrote the same as you in all that (cept the magnet one), and for the sea water thing, i put C02 reacted with sea water to produce insoluble calcium carbonates which are deposited as sediments and soluble calcium and magnesium...slightly different...think theyll accept?
    They should do...cos just checked my notes and the hydrogen carbonates are soluable! Damn! Though to be honest I doubt that they'll mark me down/you up for whether they're soluable or not, I don't think the exam boards are as picky as that!

For the Accelartion is 5 m/s2 cos it increased by 10m/s over 2 seconds.....at least I hope it did!

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know the grade boundaries for the module tests for our exams?
    I got 232 out of 300.
    is that good enough for an A?
    also does anyone know if they use your module grade (eg. A,B) or your mark (like 200 out 300) to get your final grade for science?
    thankyou
    For each module, 33/36 was an a*, 28 I think was an A, but not sure how they turn the actual marks into the number out of 50. If it's on dire4ct percentages then you're just under thre A boundary by a farction of a percent, assuming an A is 28/36

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lottie)
    Paper 1, 2004 (out of 90)
    A* 66
    A 54
    B 42
    C 30
    D 25

Paper 2, 2004 (out of 90)
    A* 63
    A 51
    B 39
    C 28
    D 19

Module Tests, 2004 (out of 300)
    A* 251
    A 224
    B 197
    C 170
    D 145

Coursework, 2004 (out of 60)
    A* 53
    A 47
    B 41
    C 36
    D 30
    This is to end any more questions about boundaries.

READ THREADS BEFORE YOUR POST IN THEM!

I also put 10m/s squared.

It was 40m/s in 4 seconds, I think.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I put 10m/s too. I did really badly in my modules because I wasnt in school in year 10 . I think I got a D overall. I'm hoping that I can pull my marks up to atleast a C but hopefully a B. I was only a few marks of a B in the mocks so I should be ok :/

I actually found that exam ok. Did you find the 1st or 2nd exam better?

ReputationRep:
    I thought the 1st one was better.

I thought the 2nd one was ok until I checked the answers in textbooks and came on here etc.

I reckon I only got half marks. Shocking.

ReputationRep:
    Is A* in science seen as really good? Im asking this because a lot of people find science hard.

ReputationRep:
    i put for the solar power question exactly the same about the calculators and watches. but the i put something about if one is in a remote place and only needs little or lot electrical energy such as in outerspace or a satellite solar power would be ideal.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I still wonder whether I was specific enough, about hot countries. Oh well!
    Yeh your module and coursework marks that go towards your grade go as marks not letters.

ReputationRep:
    i said about small amounts in watches and calculators too

ReputationRep:
    it was 10m/s2
    you had to use metres per second squared to get the full marks
    i got full marks then, it was only until i went through the paper that i realised i had put m/s and not m/s2

ReputationRep:
    For the last question, I said that solar panels should be put on spacecraft because it's more viable than a shitload of fuel...is that completely off the point or not? LOL.

What do we all think we got in this exam?

I think I only managed half marks thus throwing the grade I wanted down the drain

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about marking, difficult to say especially as there were a lot of 5/6 mark questions, you have to be really specific to get the marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arsenalfan1988)
    Is A* in science seen as really good? Im asking this because a lot of people find science hard.
    An A* in any subject is seen as really good (at least I would assume so).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickiM)
    Hmm, I still wonder whether I was specific enough, about hot countries. Oh well!
    Yeh your module and coursework marks that go towards your grade go as marks not letters.
    Oh good
    i was worried that they would carry the B grade over to decide my final grade but if it is the mark, thats fine.
    just hope I've done well enough on the tests to get an A though now!

ReputationRep:
    Well, you never know, when your coursework is externally moderated, it may go up. I hope you get that A grade

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.