AQA Dual Award Science, Modular Watch

This discussion is closed.
Veritas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I got 59/60 on the coursework and am presuning that is an a or an A, but im not sure about the modules i think my average (out of 50) was about 37 so what would that be? With a little luck (I found both papers piss easy) could I still get an A?
Bowie88
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by thinktank)
I got 59/60 on the coursework and am presuning that is an a or an A, but im not sure about the modules i think my average (out of 50) was about 37 so what would that be? With a little luck (I found both papers piss easy) could I still get an A?
Your coursework is a high a*. Your modules are a B/A. Out of 50% have 43%. If you thought the tests were easy, u could manage an a*. A* is really low its like 78%. I have got 49% from my cousework and modules i could do average on each exam and still get an a*, but i hope i dont, i mean both exams were so easy.
want2know
Report 13 years ago
59/60 would definately be A* for the coursework and the modules would be a high B if its 37. So you've got a good chance of getting an A or even A*
Bowie88
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by want2know)
59/60 would definately be A* for the coursework and the modules would be a high B if its 37. So you've got a good chance of getting an A or even A*
I got there first!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Veritas
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Im actually suprised someone who is quite naff at Science like my could still get an A*. If there that easy to get why do they hold any value?
oilcan
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I got 60/60 on my coursework.
I got 257/300 on my modules - an average of 43/50.
I thought Paper 1 was good and think I did well.
I thought Paper 2 was easy but later realized I probably didn't do too well, I mean I think I may have only got 50ish on it maybe even as low as half marks.
Could I still get an A*?

What do we think the grade boundaries will be this year taking into account what they were last year.

For A*:

Modules - 251/300
Cwk. - 53/60
Paper 1 - 66/90
Paper 2 - 63/90.

In these papers I scored 64 and 69 respectively, without revision, yet I totally ****ed up paper 2 this year.
Veritas
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
most people get full marks for science coursework dont they? Most of the people in my class did, the lowest was 58.
Bowie88
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by oilcan)
I got 60/60 on my coursework.
I got 257/300 on my modules - an average of 43/50.
I thought Paper 1 was good and think I did well.
I thought Paper 2 was easy but later realized I probably didn't do too well, I mean I think I may have only got 50ish on it maybe even as low as half marks.
Could I still get an A*?

What do we think the grade boundaries will be this year taking into account what they were last year.

For A*:

Modules - 251/300
Cwk. - 53/60
Paper 1 - 66/90
Paper 2 - 63/90.

In these papers I scored 64 and 69 respectively, without revision, yet I totally ****ed up paper 2 this year.
you are still quite likely to get an a*. U have already got 45.7% so u just have 2 get 32.3% out of 50% in the two exams combined thats roughly 59 out of 90 in both exams. I hope the grade boundaries stay like that. Good luck.
Bowie88
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
most people get full marks for science coursework dont they? Most of the people in my class did, the lowest was 58.
Why are ur module marks and coursework marks not the same? I mean u got full marks (A*) in ur coursework and and B/A in ur modules????? I think peoples modules let them down.
Veritas
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No, I disagree with you. Its not the modules its the stupid coursewokr. My teachers just dictated to me what to write. How can that test my ability. Also its unfair on pupils who actually do it themselves.
NickiM
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No! Not at all! At my school, which is quite a good state school, in the class, mine was the 2nd highest and I got 51 (have no idea what out of). But, I haven't found that most people get full marks for Science coursework, and I worked really hard at them, doing extra research and stuff.
NickiM
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Bowie88)
Why are ur module marks and coursework marks not the same? I mean u got full marks (A*) in ur coursework and and B/A in ur modules????? I think peoples modules let them down.
Well, I think with the modules, people at the time don't view them as that important, especially as GCSEs seem so far away.
Veritas
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No! Not at all! At my school, which is quite a good state school, in the class, mine was the 2nd highest and I got 51 (have no idea what out of). But, I haven't found that most people get full marks for Science coursework, and I worked really hard at them, doing extra research and stuff.

Exactly my point. You worked hard and got a 51. I arsed around and got 59 how is that fair? Of course if a teacher with a degree in chemistry or biology says write this write that you are going to do well.
Gothic pixie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
At my school, which is an average state school, most ppl in the top set got about 72 out of 90.....i got 87, which was the highest, but even then i had to put in A level physics calculations to get nearly full marks....
sheepgirl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
for the 8.33% question would you stil get the mark if you put 8.34%?? I cant remember what I put. I think I put 8.33% in the answer box - but 8.34% in the working. Do you think I'l get the mark? I should do. What was the symbol marked Z? It was just a plain box. I put resistor. The one with the line through it is the variable resistor.
Veritas
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Why are you worrying about 1 or 2 marks? There is nothing you can do about it now anyway. But I think you will get both marks anyway.
sheepgirl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Good point. Its only 1 mark! And its not going to make much differnce! (Although I was 1 mark of a B in my englsih mock ! grrrrrrrr)
NickiM
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I thought that the meter (though can't remember which letter) was a voltmeter, but the resister, I put was a variable resistor.

"Exactly my point. You worked hard and got a 51. I arsed around and got 59 how is that fair? Of course if a teacher with a degree in chemistry or biology says write this write that you are going to do well."

Well, it also could be that for Biology we ended up being taught by 5 rubbish people, and for our Osmosis coursework, it was really bad because she wouldn't let us modify it at home or anything, and she was just a really awful teacher. All the same though, I don't think anyone (well nobody I know of) got full marks in Science coursework.
Giggsy11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Bowie88)
you are still quite likely to get an a*. U have already got 45.7% so u just have 2 get 32.3% out of 50% in the two exams combined thats roughly 59 out of 90 in both exams. I hope the grade boundaries stay like that. Good luck.
I got 232/300 on my modules
about 50/60 on coursework
what percentage do i need to get an A for my final grade on papers 1 and 2.
Am I still capable of getting an A as my final grade or will my modules and coursework pull my grade down?
Thanks Bowie88
Mark S
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I only got 200/250 for modules :mad:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.76%
No - but I will (98)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (607)
47.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise