Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    dont u mean out of 300?

ReputationRep:
    yeah yeah 300, sorry. Science never was my forte. I do enjoy bio and physics to a certain extent though.

ReputationRep:
    I got 287/300 on my modules, 56/60 on my coursework (full marks on one, 7685 on the other), and on last years papers I got a about 88% on paper one and 82% on paper two...... that should be enough!

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure whether they'll allow just resistor, but my boyfriend put it so i hope u get the mark!
    I didnt think the exam was that bad, but i thought the question with the atomic masses and all that stuff bout atomic moles equalling litres totally confused me.
    i agree with u arsenalfan1988, the top bar looked really wierd, i checked it like was right like 5 times!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickiM)
    No! Not at all! At my school, which is quite a good state school, in the class, mine was the 2nd highest and I got 51 (have no idea what out of). But, I haven't found that most people get full marks for Science coursework, and I worked really hard at them, doing extra research and stuff.
    Ditto.

I did the work myself with a little guidance from my subject teachers.

I don't actually know of anyone in my class who had 60/60 for their coursework.

I had about 266/300 for my modules but I can't remember exactly what mark I got for each. Originally I had three Bs, two As and an A* but I resat two of the Bs and - somehow - managed to get A*s in both of them.

It made me wish I had actually revised properly the first time around since I believe I could've done a lot better. My revision for the first modules I sat consisted of reading the revision guide the night before. Thankfully, my revision techniques have seen an improvement since then!

I had 59/60 on my coursework. Much prefer coursework to modules.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, and I think the top mark for ours was 54.

ReputationRep:
    I think I obsess about school, exams, answers to questions worth just the one mark too much. I don't know exactly what I'm going to do with myself in the summer. My guess is that I'll be obsessing about Results Day (so scary it deserves to be capitalised).

ReputationRep:
    I am exactly the same Lottie, I am going to be a nervous wreck on Results Day, and I know I probably won't feel satisfied with what I get, even if they are good!

ReputationRep:
    I am exactly the same Lottie, I am going to be a nervous wreck on Results Day, and I know I probably won't feel satisfied with what I get, even if they are good!
    Wont we all, that moment where you have to look down at the results in front of you....

ReputationRep:
    I know I won't know whether I want to open the envelope or not. If the teachers are like "Well done" before then maybe it'll make me feel better. I really can't imagine getting them!

ReputationRep:
    I know I won't know whether I want to open the envelope or not. If the teachers are like "Well done" before then maybe it'll make me feel better. I really can't imagine getting them!
    Me neither, just thin, 2 years of hard work and it all comes down to a bit of paper with letters on, the final result in your hands. I might go to a quiet place by my lonesome and open my results, if they're good i'll go back to school and hug and kiss everything, if not, i'll go home sad.

ReputationRep:
    Well, my brother in year 9 gets 3 GCSE results too on that day! If he gets his before mine then I am going to be so nervous waiting for them. If I get good results, I am going to be sooo happy!

ReputationRep:
    Well, my brother in year 9 gets 3 GCSE results too on that day! If he gets his before mine then I am going to be so nervous waiting for them. If I get good results, I am going to be sooo happy!
    Why the hell is he getting 3 GCSES when hes only in yr 9? Whats he taken early?

ReputationRep:
    The school's policy is that if you're in the top set for French and RE you have to take the GCSE course, then he got chosen to do art. Here, in my county, you switch schools at the end of year 9.

ReputationRep:
    The school's policy is that if you're in the top set for French and RE you have to take the GCSE course, then he got chosen to do art. Here, in my county, you switch schools at the end of year 9.
    ahhhhhh i seee, where you from then

ReputationRep:
    Do you mind if I not say?

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I find it weird that, for the most part, two years' work boils down to an exam or two that, combined, don't last more than four hours.

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys think that the boundaries for A* on Paper 2 will still be around the 60 mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blur303)
    Do you guys think that the boundaries for A* on Paper 2 will still be around the 60 mark?
    A girl can hope.

(And, hi! I'm hoping to do French and History next year too.)

ReputationRep:
    I think it will be bearing in mind that the paper was roughly comparable in difficulty to paper 2 last year.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.