Turn on thread page Beta

Creatures 1, 2 and 3 (PC versions) watch

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Anyone play any of the creatures PC games?

ReputationRep:
    I used to have creatures 1 with the egg boot disk! man that was annoying if you ran out of creatures, my sister used to play it loads and would always be trying to remember where she left that floppy disk

ReputationRep:
    I used to play it, was quite fun. I think it was Creatures 2 I played.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Personally, I think Creatures 2 is the best. Especially with all the downloadable extras!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Does anyone know what all the 'unnamed chemicals' do? They were referred to by number e.g <102> in creatures 2 and by the name 'unknownase' in creatures 3. I've tried most of them, they don't seem to affect the norns, ettins or grendels in any way...

Since I'm doing chemistry and biology AS, I know what most of the other chemicals do.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Chemicals to avoid (or 'Must Use' chemicals if you're feeling sadistic!)

Creatures 2:
    Belladona
    Cyanide
    Glycotoxin
    Geddonase (large amounts, in small amounts it can be used as medicine)
    Sleep and fever toxins
    Heavy metals

Creatures 3:
    all the above, plus ATP Decoupler (this stuff is REALLY nasty)
    Also, alcohol is more dangerous in this version, it was virtually harmless in Creatures 2.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Useful Hints: To make your creatures live to twice the average age (my record is 19 hours old 47 minutes and still healthy), Inject them with life chemical whenever they are running out. This chemical does not cure diseases, just controlls life expectancy.

Also, (creatures 2 only), to re-incarnate a creature who is about to die so that they are newborn again, put them in the gene splicer on their own and activate it.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Tips for dealing with creatures' health problems (Creatures 2 again):

Heart problems: check Adipose Tissue level. If it is above half, give them small amounts of geddonase. Adipose tissue is important in small amounts, but can cause Heart disease if there is too much. AVOID BELLADONNA AT ALL COSTS!

Breathing problems: If the problem is breathing in, inject with oxygen and... Ammonia(!) Don't ask why, but it works! repeat every 3 minutes. If the problem is breathing out, inject with dissolved CO2 and ammonia, repeat every 2 minutes.
    This can get boring, but I always try to make creatures survive at least an hour no matter what their illness.

Brain problems: Avoid Mushrooms, hitting creature, injecting Tryptophan or alcohol, and make sure you don't fire neurons at it's brain!!!

Spleen problems: Inject with all eight antibodies, and keep topping them up every hour or so.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Okay... No one here anymore?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Okay, but I'll still post helpful hints in case someone shows up later!

Cures: (Creatures 2 + 3)

Sodium Thiosulphate; cures cyanide poisoning
    EDTA; cures heavy metal poisoning
    Antibodies; stop antigens
    Glycogen Recoupler; cures glycogen poisoning

Creatures 3 only:
    ADP Recoupler; cures ATP decoupler poisoning
    anti-oxidant; cures carbon monoxide poisoning
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Nobody even now? What a waste of time

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: June 16, 2005
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.