Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey my friend has the same problem as you she has such bad cramps and always throws up, but she refuses to go on the pill because of sideeffects like cancer (i have explained its a tiny chance). I think you should just let it all come out lol, its not right to go back to back that long, I was told to only go 3 max. Finish your packet then just have a normal period. Maybe you could get pain killers for your periods? Or a stronger pill? xxxxx

ReputationRep:
    I guess your doctor just thought you should stay on the pill to avoid your horrible periods, but it doesn't sound like he gave you the best advice. Maybe it would be better to just skip a few, like only go on 3 at the most, and if the pain is still really bad when you do have one, try a different pill... sorry, not really much help, but maybe you really need to see another doctor who can advise you a little better than your last one.

ReputationRep:
    i've been on mycrogynon (sp?) for a little while now and am gonna run two packs together bcos of my holiday. slightly concerned though about this breakthrough bleeding as it just like a normal period or much shorter & lighter? if it helps i would be taking the first week of the run on pack when on hols (so exactly when my period wud be if i didnt run the second pack on). hmm, thats snds all confusing, hopefully u know what i mean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _mad_moo_)
    i've been on mycrogynon (sp?) for a little while now and am gonna run two packs together bcos of my holiday. slightly concerned though about this breakthrough bleeding as it just like a normal period or much shorter & lighter? if it helps i would be taking the first week of the run on pack when on hols (so exactly when my period wud be if i didnt run the second pack on). hmm, thats snds all confusing, hopefully u know what i mean
    Are you asking how heavy break through bleeding is? Usually it's not at all as heavy as a normal period. The one time I got break through bleeding after taking 3 months in a row I only got a tiny smudge of blood every day. You probably won't get break through bleeding at all in the first pack you run on, especially not in the first week of the run on. You are supposed to consult with your doctor before doing stuff like that but heaps of women do it with no ill effects.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 18, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.