Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How did people find it.,.standrdising is gonna b LOw on that 1...wat was the condition for the grav potential Q???

ReputationRep:
    yer, not the easyest paper

I said height must be measured from a point relative to both, e.g the center of earth since if measured to surface, this would not be constant

ReputationRep:
    the object's weight sounds like a better answer, or more exactly the gravitational field strength, g.

What did people get for the charge stored on the capacitor?

ReputationRep:
    the equivalent capacitor was 4uF
    Therefore the pd across on of them is 24/2 (because the 2 were the same)
    Therefore using .5*C*V^2
    .5 * 4uF * 12^2
    =288uC

ReputationRep:
    was it CHARge

ReputationRep:
    Ufk

ReputationRep:
    Charge, for sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mackin boi)
    was it CHARge
    had to work yout ccharge - i and peopls in my school got 48 micro C

I found phy 5 easier than phy 4 - think i did good

was one prob:

It was ok i think...few things i was confused on - teh reading on the scale for the first question - I did the sum of the weight and the centrapetal force, but not suer wheth i was right in adding it - was a 4 mark qeutsion so thought using just F=mg was not right :rolleyes:

how'd you guys find it?

PK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockel)
    Charge, for sure.
    darn i dids enrgy

ReputationRep:
    phy5 was so easy! I'm so happy, phy4 was really hard for me though. I got the same answer as phil too, i used 2 methods to make sure it was correct. 6 marks on transformer was a gift and the practical/graph experiments.

ReputationRep:
    u had to show that the three circles around the earth were the same hieght from each other i.e. r 2r 3r from the earths surface

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mackin boi)
    u had to show that the three circles around the earth were the same hieght from each other i.e. r 2r 3r from the earths surface
    really? - i thought it was an inverse proportion - i.e. teh radius of the circles increse with every equiipotentail - well thats what i did

phil

ReputationRep:
    i put it as inverse square aswell :confused: , equipotetntials get more spread out.

ReputationRep:
    But they said "with the equipotentials an equal distance from each other" or something, didn't they? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Can't remember the question, was it equipotentials of equal g.p.e.

Therefore, it must be an inverse square law. I lost 2 marks on the explannation bit i think, but that's about all of the marks i lost i hope. I blagged it about making sure equipotentials are not too far out and the Earth's mass needs to stay the same lol. What did everyone else write?

ReputationRep:
    thats wat i put as well, but equipotential lines spread out further as you move away from the earth so im not sure.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right. Maybe it was =\

ReputationRep:
    i asked ma teacher and the lines had to be equidistant from one another

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockel)
    But they said "with the equipotentials an equal distance from each other" or something, didn't they? :confused:
    lol...yes...that didn't imply the physical distane between them! i think it meant the magnitude of the equipotentials (teh actual differences)

i.e. 1x10^7 is first

2x10^7 is second
    3x10^7 is thrid one -etc

phil

at least i hope that's what it meant - if not - them i'm gonna get the kick from oxford:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nas7232)
    Can't remember the question, was it equipotentials of equal g.p.e.

Therefore, it must be an inverse square law. I lost 2 marks on the explannation bit i think, but that's about all of the marks i lost i hope. I blagged it about making sure equipotentials are not too far out and the Earth's mass needs to stay the same lol. What did everyone else write?

lol - defiition? said that sperical shell around the earth on which the potential is the same is the same on any point

didn't know what else to write

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.