Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    well my written answers were more detailed than on here, but lets hope we both did really well mate, im feeling pretty confident most people on here got the same and all have offers from top unis and good grades in previous modules

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mackin boi)
    the equivalent capacitor was 4uF
    Therefore the pd across on of them is 24/2 (because the 2 were the same)
    Therefore using .5*C*V^2
    .5 * 4uF * 12^2
    =288uC
    omg i did the exact same think n on checking THANKFULLY read it wasnt energy but Charge :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tktaylor6)
    ok my answers!!

1)
    c= 4microF
    Q= 48micro C

2)
    f=GMm/ r(sq)

negative curve with R and G lines up and 2R and g/4 lines up

equipotential surface- all points on it have same PE

3 rings gettin further apart

g varies with h, as satalite get higher h goes down so weight goes down

3)
    arrows pointing down
    F= 8 x 10^-16
    force towards AB, horizontal not affected as its perpendicular to field lines
    V = 481V
    2 plates like previous page with lines becomign more straight, straightest beign fastest

4)
    hall probe perp to wire, vary r reading of B for each value plotting B against 1/r

B is inversly proportional to r
    I = 1.5A

5)
    A.c in primary induces alternatic magnetic field, there in a change in flux linkage in 2nd coil so emf is induced, for step down voltage out is less than voltage in so secondary has less turns
    woohoo all my answers DITTO

ReputationRep:
    erm dude it was 48uC it was simply Q= CV = 4uF x 12V =48uC

i think you halfedthe p.d twice!

ReputationRep:
    what was that question after state newtons law gravitation bout all the r's....?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tktaylor6)
    erm dude it was 48uC it was simply Q= CV = 4uF x 12V =48uC

i think you halfedthe p.d twice!
    yep, it was 48uC, if i got that wrong i would be extremly pissed.

ReputationRep:
    ...........i don't understand what is wrong with the edexcel dudes!!!! i mean they haven't been questions on aNY OF the key topics!!!!!!!! but on the whole, i guess it wasn't such a bad paper....quite good actually......just the assumption thing confused me....i can't even remeber what nonsense i blabbed!!!lol

ReputationRep:
    erm...it everything was covered on the sylubus..

ReputationRep:
    is phy 5 out of 90 or 120

ReputationRep:
    phy6 is out of 120!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    damn , for some reason i htought phy 5 was out of 120, prob cos of the practical as well. now it means i have to work even more for phy6

ReputationRep:
    I did the charge question part wrong. I think Ive just 7 marks all togather after speaking to my teacher. Hopefully Ill get a good grade, if my practical was Ok.

ReputationRep:
    NO NO NO PHY6 i think is just out of 90!! PHY5 must be out of 120 becos it includes both the practical and the exam 2day!! PHY3 was out of 120 and that had practical and topics!!

ReputationRep:
    PHY4 - 90
    PHY5(Practicle + Exam) - 90
    PHY6 - 120

Makes no sense really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinghFello)
    PHY4 - 90
    PHY5(Practicle + Exam) - 90
    PHY6 - 120

Makes no sense really.
    out of the 90 for phy5 60 for exam and 30 for practical

ReputationRep:
    urgh wer did u find this information out? i fink i need 2 replan my revision schedule then...

ReputationRep:
    Ye phy4 was really hard but phy5 was alright. As for this 48µC thing, wot confused me was it said hence find the charge stored in the capacitor, which meant you had to use your answer from the first question. I think I found the total charge then divided it by 2 but I haven't got a clue if it's right. Dunno why but I had a total memory blank.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steve8052)
    urgh wer did u find this information out? i fink i need 2 replan my revision schedule then...
    you have a schedule:rolleyes: - i tried those but never work for me - i've resorted to last minute revision for geography and physics - too much stuff too learn, and my short term memory is good

I do further maths for fun, so just pull out a paper whenever - schedules suck:cool: - should do stuff when you feel like it otherwise you'll end up running out of steam, lol

pk

ReputationRep:
    well i dnt have a proper schedule n i knw wat u mean about last minute revision. im quite gud on the short - term memory 2 but wat i meant in schedule was how i shud split my last minute revision up now in this lst week cosindering i hav 6 exams nxt week

ReputationRep:
    if you read the mark scheme you get the written paper times it by 1.2 and add to that of the practical (or the other way round, i can never remeber) but this gives raw marks and they UMS from this

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.