Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steve8052)
    so if i got -2, -2.5, -1.6 would it be wrong because i thought it must be negative for the standing wave to form.
    i think they were supposed to be positive

vector addition of the two waves' displacements = standing wave's displacement

no?

just me?

**** :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nas7232)
    i got 2,1.6,2.5 [no specific order as ican't remember]
    what question was this for ???
    dont seem to remeber any such question :eek: *panicking* :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Tom)
    i think they were supposed to be positive

vector addition of the two waves' displacements = standing wave's displacement

no?

just me?

**** :mad:
    no..i agree

ReputationRep:
    i had first value of 0cm -2cm was one and cant remember other one
    for 2 waves to form a stationary they must be in antiphase, there are points were the vector sum of the displacemnts are = 0 (nodes)

Oh come to think bout it i got that totaly wrong :eek:
    oh **** i knew i shouldnt have checked this thread , always makes me feel bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hajira)
    no..i agree
    w00h00

:dancing2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hajira)
    no..i agree
    i dont agree with u because they were all out of phase so the displacements were the differences between the two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DmAsTeR)
    i dont agree with u because they were all out of phase so the displacements were the differences between the two.
    where does phase come into all this? It was a simple displacement questions! answers were something like 2.5, 0 and -1.6 - i got somethihng like that

ReputationRep:
    aint this a phy5 thread lol

ReputationRep:
    well the way i thought of it was in terms of the graph.
    if the 'resultant' wave was drawn..n one of the 'component' wave was drawn..
    u wud take away the displacement of the 'resultant' from the 'component' wave's displacement
    ew
    that sounds horrible :eek:
    but anyway
    thats the way i looked at it..cuz at any one point the total displacement is equal to the displacements of the two combining waves

o n yeash...it does happen to b a phy5 thread :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil23)
    where does phase come into all this? It was a simple displacement questions! answers were something like 2.5, 0 and -1.6 - i got somethihng like that
    wohooo i got somin similar
    0 for first one then ............ oh no wait i got -2 and 1.6 (cant remember which ones were negative if any)

so 2/3 not bad (if phil is correct)

anyway if u guys spent the same amount of time posting in the phy6 revision thread the world would be a happier place for all

ReputationRep:
    i think i got 2, 2.5, -1.6

ReputationRep:
    anyway for phy 5 practical what did u lot get for the y intersept on the very last question? i think i got somethin like 3

ReputationRep:
    anyway for phy 5 practical what did u lot get for the y intersept on the very last question? i think i got somethin like 3
    st 30-something:eek: - was ages ago - think i got 2.4, - i cant remember:rolleyes: was easy though - think i got 92% or around that - only messed up that describing the experiment bit for the section C

how'd you find it?

pk

ReputationRep:
    Yes Anotha Winnin Thread For The Mack Man

ReputationRep:
    ^lol

Lets keep this thread focused on PHY5, not 4!
    There is already a thread for that

ReputationRep:
    st 30-something:eek: - was ages ago - think i got 2.4, - i cant remember:rolleyes: was easy though - think i got 92% or around that - only messed up that describing the experiment bit for the section C

how'd you find it?

pk
    that was easy...they told us everythin we needed to do... never even needed to think for anythin...they gave us a formula for that experiment...all u need to do was rearrange it and apply a method...then u get the values in the table..plot a graph..and draw a straight line and read off the y-axis...i did it a bit wrong as i plotted the graph the other way round but i got the answer as i just needed to read off the x-axis....so all was good...everyone should have got an A for that.

ReputationRep:
    that was easy...they told us everythin we needed to do... never even needed to think for anythin...they gave us a formula for that experiment...all u need to do was rearrange it and apply a method...then u get the values in the table..plot a graph..and draw a straight line and read off the y-axis...i did it a bit wrong as i plotted the graph the other way round but i got the answer as i just needed to read off the x-axis....so all was good...everyone should have got an A for that.
    easier than the AS practical for sure! i messed up my actual AS practical, and my resit this year - aghhh - AS practicals are so dodgy!

ReputationRep:
    Does any of you know when we will be able to get the marking schemems for June 2005? It would be a lot better than guessing and discussing!!

ReputationRep:
    about 2 months time

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully one of us will get 90/90, 120/120 in every paper so we can use them as a markscheme

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.